What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on how far north you are coming, we can meet up!

Water, never ending meetings.

Just to Yale, about 30 miles north of Emporia. Just had a late lunch and then heading back soon. Sister knows someone with a brewery somewhere not to far...might be a good place to arrange on a trip that's more than a quickie.

Depending on how far north you are coming, we can meet up!

Water, never ending meetings.

Just to Yale, about 30 miles north of Emporia. Just had a late lunch and then heading back soon. Sister knows someone with a brewery somewhere not to far...might be a good place to arrange on a trip that's more than a quickie.

I didn't get that, could you repeat it for me?

Could be worse. Could always be worse. At least I have beer at home. I can wait

I am an an obnoxiously optimistic mood today so ignore me if you just want to stew in it. But let the stress go. Do not let people offload their stress on you. And when you leave work, leave the stress in the office.

Here, have a dancing banana.

:ban:

I am trying to stay in that same frame of mind. I hate it when other people's $hitty attitudes start to effect mine. I like to think of myself as having a B+ blood type but my wife is slowly trying to leech it all out of me today. I think a trip to the LHBS to pick up stuff for Friday brew day is in order to restore my attitude.

Water at the bank. Refinancing is proving to be more of a pain in the ass than originally expected.

I am trying to stay in that same frame of mind. I hate it when other people's $hitty attitudes start to effect mine. I like to think of myself as having a B+ blood type but my wife is slowly trying to leech it all out of me today. I think a trip to the LHBS to pick up stuff for Friday brew day is in order to restore my attitude.

Water at the bank. Refinancing is proving to be more of a pain in the ass than originally expected.

Hang in there and dont let them get you down. Find a chance to get a little me time (brew time) in.

Hah, a group of friends proposed a game that cracked me up. Its called "describe your sex life using a star wars quote". We are bad people so I am sure you can imagine how depraved it has gotten.
My personal favorites include
"Almost there.... Almost there.... <explosion>" and pretty much any yoda-ish quotes.

Pour number 2 by the source of my new cologne. Citronella. Still metallic. Still drinkable. No bourbon to cover it up

View attachment 1433974449994.jpg

Had a Stella and a mound builder while waiting on a to go food order.... Now gonna deal with work while my family eats.

Hah, a group of friends proposed a game that cracked me up. Its called "describe your sex life using a star wars quote". We are bad people so I am sure you can imagine how depraved it has gotten.
"Almost there.... Almost there.... <explosion>" and pretty much any yoda-ish quotes.

If you are not careful, I think it could be "It's a trap!"

Had some limoncelo as I was thawing pesto (late pic), now a double brown. Still an #€@%% malty/chocolate/caramel bomb.

Pesto sous vide chicken pasta inbound.

View attachment 1433976981183.jpg

View attachment 1433976990110.jpg

Hang in there and dont let them get you down. Find a chance to get a little me time (brew time) in.

Pour number 2 by the source of my new cologne. Citronella. Still metallic. Still drinkable. No bourbon to cover it up

Yep looking forward to brewing. @banesong beat me to it with my Star Wars quote.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1433977929.643201.jpgHB sasion. Trying @hello method for filling up a growler for a bottle share tonight.
Bleed off pressure, pour a beer, set to 3psi enjoy pint, then fill up growler.

Attachments

• 1433981623407.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 38
**** work. They call too damn much.

Onto another Grapefruit Sculpin after an undercarbed strawberry blonde with Chinese takeout.

You have no idea. I really think everyone is using a management shuffle as an excuse to take a pass on doing their jobs. I am the only one that has been around and in the field long enough to know better and my uppers are giving me the: "work with them" "not a lost cause yet" "if the student hasn't learned the teacher hasn't taught". I have widened my job search to accept the fact that I might have to move to get out and provide for my family.

You have no idea. I really think everyone is using a management shuffle as an excuse to take a pass on doing their jobs. I am the only one that has been around and in the field long enough to know better and my uppers are giving me the: "work with them" "not a lost cause yet" "if the student hasn't learned the teacher hasn't taught". I have widened my job search to accept the fact that I might have to move to get out and provide for my family.

Suck.

As a 15 year veteran of my current position,I feel you with the organizational knowledge pain. Things three departments over are being vetted through me. WTF?!?!

Killing the pair from the last pic. Really bed, with dreams of better job.

We're a small crew with a bunch of part timers and per diem. I see maybe 5 of the 15 in any given week. Last weekend was a weekend of hell on call where I had to teach one how to deal with emergencies after she just started recently and then a bunch of other random crap. A few coworkers can just disappear and wouldn't be missed.

Where is the 'like' button in the mobile app?

+1.

My kids were playing "american ninja warrior" on the swingset earlier.

Time for a water, then another beer of some sorts...

View attachment 1433984310145.jpg

Back