What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VERY glad I could save some of this. After getting the wax off it gushed everywhere but I saved some and boy is this good! Thank you Mark! It probably gushed because it was in my garage and it is now way too hot for beer to be in there.
View attachment 282891

It was a tad overcarbed to start with so a hot garage didn't help. Glad you enjoyed! I think I'm going to do a full batch on that one this year.

I found a few bottles that @Hello gifted me a bit before my nose surgery and Imma knock dem out tonight! First up is an Imperial Red Ale...wasn't expecting maltiness and I thought the bitterness was missing at first, but it was just delayed until a little later in the finish and it crept up. Reminds me of Nugget Nectar. Yum!

IMG_20150605_221714997.jpg

How was the interview?

@wesleys that sucks nads.

A formality, he needs me and the rest of the shop, the shop has carried the place for years we did it all and it makes it interesting, i don't want
to do straight service and foo foo accessorizing.
There are a lot of people that want to run, with out a job but they wont make the cut anyway.
Hanging in limbo at the moment, do my job, smile,talk to contacts outside of the industry, looking at quasi government job..

Next up: Fruit Squeezed from @Hello. Another solid beer. I like the hops combination...nice aroma. Is that what you would describe as "dank"..."lucious"? I would.

IMG_20150605_225054735.jpg

Last edited:
Next beer pic / filter is gonna be Monet.
Whoever guesses the beer gets a small package of CO beer....

I have no idea what that means but lol #fistbump etc or something

See above

Didn't realize we had an art major in the crowd. :)

Off topic : I thought Monet started the whole 'fuzzy' painting - I think he just needed some glasses. Van Gogh just added the swirly stuff....

Anyway.
Here you go - Impressionism with a overlay of Van Gogh
View attachment 282908

Hint - it's hoppy. :D

Urm... Ninkasi Total Domination??

And an IT guy with good taste.

Stone Ruination 2.0 Free beer is good beer.

Off topic : I thought Monet started the whole 'fuzzy' painting - I think he just needed some glasses. Van Gogh just added the swirly stuff....

Monet started impressionism with sunrise, but Renior was the one who started the whole fuzzy painting because he was almost blind.

So, the third bottle from @Hello was actually my Steinpilz Gose...it's from the portion that she kegged, so that we could compare kegged to bottle to my bottle conditioned bottled. I had been having overcarb problems and wanted to do the comparison. On this batch, I honestly couldn't tell much difference...maybe a little crisper from the keg. I have mixed feelings about this beer. I'm kind of proud of the idea and the execution. It's got porcini mushrooms in it. Theere's just an aroma that smells like rubber too me, for some reason. The color and body are good. The sour and salt are pretty well balanced...maybe just a tad more salt. I actually like the flavor up front, but then get that rubber thing in the finish. Ah well...I think it's a good base, but I need to try traditional flavoring and a bit more salt and see how it does.

IMG_20150605_232336231.jpg

Latest posts

Back