What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 278289

Finally home! Thanks banesong!

While on the road I did manage to stop at crown brewing and have View attachment 278290 Grand Pubah BA on cherries. It was amazing and was followed by a brown sour that was equally good.

So... how was it? I am middling' on that one, but I support the local brewery!

It's called the Rancor burger. And it's every bit as delicious and messy as it looks. Big patty, cheese, thick bacon and a perfectly cooked egg on top. So frikkin good.

View attachment 278293
This is better than the last one. Thanks banesong.

Wasn't that for the SWMBO?

Another (yeah, didn't post the first) manhattan.

What's the honest impression on that Freedom Isn't Free IPA? I had another of their beers (their Scotch Ale) that tasted like mud and was just horrid, but I had a friend who moved to the Twin Cities request a 6er of the IPA in exchange for Surly, so I guess there's something to it.

Water. About to go make my muscles hurt even more than they already do.

What's the honest impression on that Freedom Isn't Free IPA? I had another of their beers (their Scotch Ale) that tasted like mud and was just horrid, but I had a friend who moved to the Twin Cities request a 6er of the IPA in exchange for Surly, so I guess there's something to it.

Water. About to go make my muscles hurt even more than they already do.

Yeah... I have had others from them that is good, but I am definitely mixed. I say, give every beer a chance!

Wow... the manhattans have caught up.

--------

Truth in advertising:

If it ain't good, don't sugar coat it.

Same here. And I'm being serious. Nice bitterness but it's a Barley Wine otherwise and not a good one. You can just taste the cherry sweetness in the malt.

I'm quite serious as well. I don't know if it's from all the ipas I love now or what. But so many craft beers just taste like candy to me now. And I don't like candy.

Yeah... I have had others from them that is good, but I am definitely mixed. I say, give every beer a chance!

Wow... the manhattans have caught up.

--------

Truth in advertising:

If it ain't good, don't sugar coat it.

I've heard through the grapevine that they've gotten QC under control and dialed it in a bit and their beer has improved, but I'm wary of spending anything to try their other beers. I hate dumping free beer, let alone something i paid for.

So... how was it? I am middling' on that one, but I support the local brewery!

Wasn't that for the SWMBO?

Another (yeah, didn't post the first) manhattan.

It was a big time gusher and I only got a third of it in the glass. It was just ok. Nothing wrong with it but nothing I would crave. The mission dipa on the other hand is a hell of a lot better than the big green can from mission that is the only one I had previously had..... And swmbo got the big glass.

Finally sold the car I bought on Sunday. Zero work, couple hours of phone calls, made $750.00. It's a good day!

I've heard through the grapevine that they've gotten QC under control and dialed it in a bit and their beer has improved, but I'm wary of spending anything to try their other beers. I hate dumping free beer, let alone something i paid for.

I wouldn't send bad beer to anyone, but I am glad to hear about improvement. I think they used a bunch of CTZ.

It was a big time gusher and I only got a third of it in the glass. It was just ok. Nothing wrong with it but nothing I would crave. The mission dipa on the other hand is a hell of a lot better than the big green can from mission that is the only one I had previously had..... And swmbo got the big glass.

Finally sold the car I bought on Sunday. Zero work, couple hours of phone calls, made $750.00. It's a good day!

Eeesh... so sorry? Will need to make that better. Never had a gusher from them before. Quick chill issues?

---

edit: good to hear that SWBMO got the better half. nice turn on the car buy!

I wouldn't send bad beer to anyone, but I am glad to hear about improvement. I think they used a bunch of CTZ.

Not suggesting you would. Like I said, I've had people who's palates I trust request it because they like it, just looking for the impression of others. I guess I'll have to buy some.

It had six hours in the fridge. Didn't taste infected at all. I am not worried about it. You shouldn't be either. You didn't make a mess of my kitchen like I did to Remmy!

My house is a mysterious vortex of gushers. It happens all the time here. It's the Beermuda triangle.

The real question is, if I were going to grab something aged in a bourbon barrel and sit on the porch for the next hour. What do I want?

It had six hours in the fridge. Didn't taste infected at all. I am not worried about it. You shouldn't be either. You didn't make a mess of my kitchen like I did to Remmy!

My house is a mysterious vortex of gushers. It happens all the time here. It's the Beermuda triangle.

I have that happen all the time. Mostly with my HomeBrew!

The real question is, if I were going to grab something aged in a bourbon barrel and sit on the porch for the next hour. What do I want?

A Grand Cru?

I am just now noticing the number of North Carolinians in here.

Interesting.

Oh, I am drinking water.

Latest posts

Back