What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got some booch ready to drink...added a third to the rotation. I'll be around this weekend and can have a beer or three. Just none within 24 hours of early Tuesday. The time we went fishing, I think I got lucky and caught *one*? You were not lacking in ability...just wasn't much going on that day. And this:

I'm going to be at the NCSU campus fishing on Lake Raleigh. You know, in case I never return...or something. :D I asked if we were dock or boat fishing, he said bank fishing. At this point I think he's willing to test the boundaries of how much I'll tolerate in terms of dirt. Tolerance level is high in this one. So instead of working I'm doing that in a little bit. Should be back by 6, I'll shoot you a text and if you're around I'll get that bottle to you tonight. I may hit the driving range later too.

Protein shake. No time for lunch today.

What does hibiscus taste like? Does it add much flavor to the base saison? I always love how that beer looks when you all post it.

It is tart it reminds me of cranberry. I used 4oz to make tea this time instead of the 8oz I used the first 2 times because while it was good it Overwhelmed the flavor of the yeast.

What does hibiscus taste like? Does it add much flavor to the base saison? I always love how that beer looks when you all post it.

I felt as though I got a sort of wine-like backend taste. It wasn't huge, but I think the floral taste and the saison itself just sort of lent to that taste. Some agreed with me, others did not. It was probably the beer that was shared among the most people.

It is tart it reminds me of cranberry. I used 4oz to make tea this time instead of the 8oz I used the first 2 times because while it was good it Overwhelmed the flavor of the yeast.

I felt as though I got a sort of wine-like backend taste. It wasn't huge, but I think the floral taste and the saison itself just sort of lent to that taste. Some agreed with me, others did not. It was probably the beer that was shared among the most people.

Awesome, I think I might do this in stead of the zombie dust clone. Where do you buy hibiscus leaves? Whole foods?

I got mine online at amazon. I tried the indian food mart, but they didn't have it.

Mexican markets are the place to get them, under the name Jamaica flowers or flor de Jamaica. If we have them here, everyone should be able to get them.

Vanilla Coke. Gotta pick up my son in half hour to get his Mustang GT outta the shop...what a glorious day!...Shut the gate on this one, it's the duck's guts!:ban:

Cherry coke. A couple minutes til work is over, then time to go get a new phone. SWMBO apparently decided to upgrade my phone. ****. :rolleyes: I hate having to reinstall apps.

Back