What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399074633.671123.jpg
This is tasty. It's nice and crisp and citrusy.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Having more NEBCO and yams with fried pancetta, broccoli rabe, ricotta and Parmesan. Smacked.

Picked up a can of ten fiddy and two diff bottles from Weyebacher for later. At Fortnight Brewery now...had an assorted flight , an ESB and now a 1/2 pint each Bombshell IPA and ESB with an Asian beef shortrib baked potato. Yum!

IMAG2933.jpg

just finished a Meh Pils. now I'm having my last GF's West Coast IPA to celebrate my "new boot goofin". 20 punk rock points to whoever names the reference in quotations.

Thought I would compare my Time Dilation Dopplebock with one of my favorite commercial examples. Wasn't going for a clone, just wanted to see how they compare. Notable differences:

-Celebrator is noticeably darker
-Celebrator's head only a very slightly darker shade of tan
-Celebrator is a little maltier, I assume due the use of a traditional decoction while mine was simply a single step infusion mash.
-Time Dilation has a more pronounced dark fruit character, raisin in particular.
-Celebrator is 6.7% while Time Dilation is 8.1%

Despite their differences they are remarkably similar. Nice full body, very malty and full of big dark fruit flavors. If I didn't know which was which I'd be hard pressed to positively ID them. I officially consider my first dopplebock a success!

1399078225058.jpg

Thought I would compare my Time Dilation Dopplebock with one of my favorite commercial examples. Wasn't going for a clone, just wanted to see how they compare. Notable differences:

-Celebrator is a little maltier, I assume due the use of a traditional decoction while mine was simply a single step infusion mash.
-Time Dilation has a more pronounced dark fruit character, raisin in particular.

Despite their differences they are remarkably similar. Nice full body, very malty and full of big dark fruit flavors. If I didn't know which was which I'd be hard pressed to positively ID them. I officially consider my first dopplebock a success!

Did you lager it by putting it on a spaceship traveling near the speed of light?

Also, if you dig around I believe Jamil Z did some kind of experiment back in the day of comparing decoction vs melanoiden malt in the grain bill. The "malt" character that I think a lot of people perceive in the commercial doppelbocks and oktoberfests comes down to melanoiden (or a lack thereof).

Is your plan to drink a whole growler of Ghandi? Not that I am criticizing in any way....I'd love to be able to try some but alas I live on the wrong side of the continent and pretty much never get up to that area even when I go to the east coast.

A couple rounds of Weihenstephan Hefe and Hofbräu Original at the bar earlier with clubmates. Back at home, 1 week bottled samples of my Ordinary Bitter, Mild, and ESB. And they're all great beers.

Mmmmmm, I love Celebrator. Definitely my favorite Dopplebock. And you get a little plastic goat! Win, win! :D

Let's see started with heady and ending with my session black/brown ipa fermented with Conan, light night tonight to much to do tomorrow
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399079648.511416.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399079676.808540.jpg

Nuke your table is the **** man

Is your plan to drink a whole growler of Ghandi? Not that I am criticizing in any way....I'd love to be able to try some but alas I live on the wrong side of the continent and pretty much never get up to that area even when I go to the east coast.

Yes. I've done it plenty of times. It's like drinking water.

I don't have a utility belt, but this is pretty much what I do when I'm judging at a competition. People like Gordon Strong can get pretty much everything they want to write out of a single taste, but I have to focus on the individual characteristics (aroma, flavor, mouthfeel, etc.) one at a time if I'm going to give useful feedback.

That's fine, and perfectly appropriate when judging at a comp but these guys behaving like this at a bar/ brew pub/ tasting room or festival are lucky not to get ***** slapped

That's fine, and perfectly appropriate when judging at a comp but these guys behaving like this at a bar/ brew pub/ tasting room or festival are lucky not to get ***** slapped

No arguments here. If anyone sees me doing crap like that IRL please, ***** slap me. Although again I admit I really love to sniff my beer when I drink it. They just smell so good!

Did you lager it by putting it on a spaceship traveling near the speed of light?

Also, if you dig around I believe Jamil Z did some kind of experiment back in the day of comparing decoction vs melanoiden malt in the grain bill. The "malt" character that I think a lot of people perceive in the commercial doppelbocks and oktoberfests comes down to melanoiden (or a lack thereof).

Haha, that would be the coolest way to lager a beer ever. But in reality it's just a reference to the way your perception of time is distorted when you're drunk.

Nuke your table is the **** man

Thanks. My ex-wife made it for me for Christmas last year.

Back