What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee...then found out SWBO and daughter have headaches. Advil all around and a 20 minute snooze!

more coff- pay day.... annnnd its gone damn bills...

Bank called and my debit card was compromised... no debit card for the weekend... at least its almost the weekend... rant over

If you really want some help with that, I'm offering to take some of that beer off your hands...

Sent from my GameBoy using Super Mario Bros. 3

I'm totally up for shipping my HBs to fellow HBT members so long as shipping is covered ($11-15). There's a lot of HB in my basement.

I'm totally up for shipping my HBs to fellow HBT members so long as shipping is covered ($11-15). There's a lot of HB in my basement.

I'd totally want to get in on that action. You always seem to brew good looking beer.

Cranberry/water concoction. Glad to see craft beer has the majority of the market share in Portland. Wish it was like that everywhere.

I'd totally want to get in on that action. You always seem to brew good looking beer.

You eat and drink with you eyes, not your mouth. :D

There's a new brewery in my small-ass town. Belgian stuff and sours. Should be great as our other brewery makes mostly English-style beers and they are not great. I don't bother buying **** from there.

Needless to say, this is going to be dangerous. :D:rockin:

Our closest is an English-style only beer brewery. Not bad but it gets old very quick. The LHBS right next door has 10 taps of goodness but they're not open late, of course. A new brewery just opened. Their beer seems decent but I hate their name, it's silly. Bruprint.

Coffee.

OK - whoever wants some HB, let me know. Just PM me.

Got a few IPAs on (simcoe/columbus, all-citra, all-amarillo, and brewing an all-galaxy tomorrow), a Hefe being bottled, along with an oaked RIS, ESB, Warrior pale with Conan, Nut Brown/Porter mix (two ways). Sours aren't ready yet.

More Coff before I slam the gym.

NEBCO has more Gandhi snifters in-stock.

OK - whoever wants some HB, let me know. Just PM me.

Got a few IPAs on (simcoe/columbus, all-citra, all-amarillo, and brewing an all-galaxy tomorrow), a Hefe being bottled, along with an oaked RIS, ESB, Warrior pale with Conan, Nut Brown/Porter mix (two ways). Sours aren't ready yet.

More Coff before I slam the gym.

NEBCO has more Gandhi snifters in-stock.

Water before the daily carpet call.

I need one of those snifters to drink the quality control batch you sent me. :D

Water before the daily carpet call.

I need one of those snifters to drink the quality control batch you sent me. :D

They haven't had Gandhi snifters in at least 6 months. That's all people ask for when they get into NEBCO, in an annoying, homerish, crack-fiend kind of way.

I owe a few people on this board some of those snifters, so I will have to grab some and get them out.

Drinking seltzer water.

And I'd love to have an English-only brewery nearby. Although Mad Fox (great brewpub the next town over in Falls Church, well, the beer is great, the food not so much) makes some badass English beers, and takes the time to do cask right. To the point where (according to the owner/brewmaster at least) all the folks from the British Embassy come down regularly because it's the only place nearby to get good real ale.

Root beer. About to go get food.

I have a IC and a pump but my ground water is getting warmer. Anyone want to weigh in on what would be a better investment, a second pump or a plate chiller which allows me to move my IC over and use as a prechiller.

Depends on the cost. If you are only doing 5 gal batches a pre chiller recirculated with ice water through a pond pump is just fine. Larger batches and the plate chiller becomes a necessity IMO. Either way it works best using recirculated ice water with a pond pump.

Just finished my coffee for the day. Probably gonna get into the beer fridge at lunch...

About to make a nice afternoon coffee...to follow my homemade tuna salad sandwich. Can't have Charley the Tuna trying to swim back upstream.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399056896.114459.jpg
First pour of recently kegged Saison and Belgian quad only been in keg 4 days both are good but not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Afternoon coff...

My bank just called, my card #'s were used to attempt to buy a bed from overstock.com, PNC called me and shut down my card this morning since my card was used at a merchant in the area whos software was hacked. The person who attempted to order the bed put in their address for the shipping address and PNC reported it to the police in bangor maine where the shipping address is... its amazing that there are people in the world who think this is ok to do... heres to the police in bangor maine for hopefully getting this scumbag! and impressive work from PNC also

Afternoon coff...

My bank just called, my card #'s were used to attempt to buy a bed from overstock.com, PNC called me and shut down my card this morning since my card was used at a merchant in the area whos software was hacked. The person who attempted to order the bed put in their address for the shipping address and PNC reported it to the police in bangor maine where the shipping address is... its amazing that there are people in the world who think this is ok to do... heres to the police in bangor maine for hopefully getting this scumbag! and impressive work from PNC also

Yeah, it helps when you have a bank that works for their account holders. When it happened to me, I did not. About 10 years ago my previous bank (Compass Bank) let about $2200 in charges from Belize come through on my account through a card number that had been canceled for months. Didn't stop them, didn't alert me to unusual activity, nothing. The only way I found out is when I wet to use my current debit card for a cup of coffee and a snack and was denied. I called them about it and they froze my account until they "investigated" the matter. Which they said could take 2 weeks. So, no access to my money I had just deposited, nothing. Didn't care, wouldn't work with me. Many people from that bank got an ear full from me by the time it was all taken care of. Crappy, crappy bank. And I have no problem dissuading anyone I meet from banking there.

Yeah, it helps when you have a bank that works for their account holders. When it happened to me, I did not. About 10 years ago my previous bank (Compass Bank) let about $2200 in charges from Belize come through on my account through a card number that had been canceled for months. Didn't stop them, didn't alert me to unusual activity, nothing. The only way I found out is when I wet to use my current debit card for a cup of coffee and a snack and was denied. I called them about it and they froze my account until they "investigated" the matter. Which they said could take 2 weeks. So, no access to my money I had just deposited, nothing. Didn't care, wouldn't work with me. Many people from that bank got an ear full from me by the time it was all taken care of. Crappy, crappy bank. And I have no problem dissuading anyone I meet from banking there.

Wow that is pretty terrible... glad it got straightned out tho

Time to start the weekend. Received this from wildhawg81 on the MAWe thread. Funky and tasty.. Cheers all!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1399065196.425841.jpg

Sent from my van, down by the river.

Latest posts

Back