What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForumRunner_20130813_174859.png

Bottle shop got a case of these yesterday and being on the beer club e-mail list, I was one of the ones offered first dibs. Snatched me up a bottle and it was well worth it. The only criticism I have for it is that's a little too sweet. I know they had to make it sweet to balance the habenero, but it's just a little overdone. The fruitiness is great and heat is very pleasant, not over bearing like a lot of chili beers *cough* Ghost Face Killah *cough*

20130813_204000.jpg

Oh and just for the record I did make a large starter with that as11 and saved a vile for later. But tonight I am using one generation older and I'm pitching on the cake. I'm too lazy to wash.

Thanks Brian this is good stuff :mug:

You liking that stuff? How low did it finish?

I'm drinking a yellow fizzy cream ale.

20130813_205910_zps576cc7c3.jpg

Always nice to have the best dairy farm in your town.

Cookie Monster (blue cookie dough) and S'mores.
image-3518262995.jpg

Drinking a quart of water after this sugary treat.

LoloMT7 said:
Oh and just for the record I did make a large starter with that as11 and saved a vile for later. But tonight I am using one generation older and I'm pitching on the cake. I'm too lazy to wash.

Thanks Brian this is good stuff :mug:

One of my favorite IPAs. Cheers.

You liking that stuff? How low did it finish?

I'm drinking a yellow fizzy cream ale.

I drank a full glass while checking the SG and racking to secondary today.! Awesome fruity goodness!! Ended up using the motueka late. Today I am using both motueka and Hallertau late doing an imperial saison! Can't wait to try it!
Fg was 1.007 but I bet it goes lower in the secondary.

One note I might mention also is the AS11 and the 3726 I got from Gabe have both dropped like a rock and cleared out awesome!! I love it.

I'm drinking my homebrewed Conan simcoe Vienna and checking out my hops plants while the boil rolls on...

ForumRunner_20130813_200234.png

ForumRunner_20130813_200246.jpg

ForumRunner_20130813_200304.png

I drank a full glass while checking the SG and racking to secondary today.! Awesome fruity goodness!! Ended up using the motueka late. Today I am using both motueka and Hallertau late doing an imperial saison! Can't wait to try it!

One note I might mention also is the AS11 and the 3726 I got from Gabe have both dropped like a rock and cleared out awesome!! I love it.

I'm drinking my homebrewed Conan simcoe Vienna and checking out my hops plants while the boil rolls on...

Is that a smash or do you have some crystal 60 or cararoma in there? Seems too dark for just vienna. I only ask because im brewing a simcoe vienna smash this weekend with Dennys Favorite, and I was thinking about adding 2-3 oz crystal 60 to up the body and color.

why the flocc didn't that go in a milk stout?!?

Mmm milk stout float. Remind me to buy ice cream. Haven't had one of those in awhile.

Good to hear! What gravity are you shooting for with the imperial? A full cake of AS11 will munch it up, better be ready with the blowoff.

Edit: also, your hops look better than mine! The caterpillars moved in when I moved out, hard to keep up with the neem oil when I'm only around every few days.

Channel66 said:
Mmm milk stout float. Remind me to buy ice cream. Haven't had one of those in awhile.

Good to hear! What gravity are you shooting for with the imperial? A full cake of AS11 will munch it up, better be ready with the blowoff.

Edit: also, your hops look better than mine! The caterpillars moved in when I moved out, hard to keep up with the neem oil when I'm only around every few days.

You ever have that Lobster Claw ice cream up in Maine? I found some last time I was in Greenville. Forgot who makes it. It was ok.

Lagunita's IPA straight from a bottle. This is the last one of the six pack, and this is the worst tasting sixer of Lagunitas I've ever had. I blame my grocery store. Also I'm on the least coast, far, far away from the motherland of hop forward beer.

Note that I still drank them all.

Had my last yuengling and another sample of my cider to end this craptastic day. Hope the buccos can close this game out. Then I'm going to bed. Screw today.

Is that a smash or do you have some crystal 60 or cararoma in there? Seems too dark for just vienna. I only ask because im brewing a simcoe vienna smash this weekend with Dennys Favorite, and I was thinking about adding 2-3 oz crystal 60 to up the body and color.

No crystal I almost never use crystal malts..

2 days Imperial is different however. Actually I'm still not using any crystal but I did put an victory wheat acid and Caramunich.

The attachment is from the one you were asking about.

Drinking a black chocolate stout.

ForumRunner_20130813_205106.png

ForumRunner_20130813_205321.png

Latest posts

Back