What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More NEBCO

image-3880011475.jpg

No thanks. Can't fix stupid any more than you can win an argument on the Internet. I made the mistake of being skeptical in the 'award winning extract Lambic' thread. A ****storm of lahey-esque proportion ensued. It's like saying you make award winning cheese with milk powder - obviously not an award worth winning!

Haha. That's why I've just been watching the thread and didn't chime in past me pointing out to the OP that he wouldn't be able to replicate that beer as a noob. I love watching people be stupid though

I always used to get a ton of crap about how if you use extract, you're a cookie cutter brewer. one guy told me that if you use extract, all your beer will taste the same. AG does give you more control (a lot more), but c'mon. specialty malts, spices & yeast have a huge role along with pitching temps & rates and ferm temps. maybe I should have posted in the "Funny Things..." thread. hahaha!!

and I decided on my last bottle of my Simcoe Pale.

The SWMBO has a good friend who happens to be a regional manager for Boston Beer. Knowing I'm a beer geek, she setup a Sam Adam's tour including a private barrel room sit-down and tasting. And, yes, we tasted Utopias... I know... it's awesome. I'd seen these on the shelf but never paid them much mind... they may go into regular rotation now, however.

Eq3xxxQ.jpg

My imperial stout. Cracked another ****ing hydrometer. Two in one week. ****ing ****.

image-3703659345.jpg

FermentNEthinG said:
Definitely could use some aging, the alcohol bite was definitely noticed.

On to some double brown stout. Thanks Wes, I am diggin this with my Korean food.
You're welcome, man. Glad you enjoy it. That's one of my favorites from Texas.
FermentNEthinG said:
Anyone else wanna hit this Kimchi? :D
Yes. Yes I do.

Cheapo said:
Not bad lookin. Hows the tang? Any bubbly?

The tang is great and the bubbly has long receded.
My mom makes it from scratch. Then it is stored in a Samsung kimchi refrigerator she had sent over from Korea to further simulate the in ground temps. Summer or winter.

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
Hell yes! Having Japchae tonight

Love me some of that! Have it a couple times a month. A lot of work for the mom but I try to go over there and help!

mcbaumannerb said:
That sucks. I'd make another comment, but I don't want to jinx myself. ;)

I don't believe in jinx so here it goes.
Remmy, what the fook are you doing with your hydrometer to cause it to break? What do all you hydrometer breakers do with your hydrometers? Juggle them? Use them in place of darts or a baseball bat? I've had the same hydrometer for eight years and have yet to break one.
:D

I don't believe in jinx so here it goes.
Remmy, what the fook are you doing with your hydrometer to cause it to break? What do all you hydrometer breakers do with your hydrometers? Juggle them? Use them in place of darts or a baseball bat? I've had the same hydrometer for eight years and have yet to break one.
:D

now you're flocced. pay attenuation.

The tang is great and the bubbly has long receded.
My mom makes it from scratch. Then it is stored in a Samsung kimchi refrigerator she had sent over from Korea to further simulate the in ground temps. Summer or winter.

Love me some of that! Have it a couple times a month. A lot of work for the mom but I try to go over there and help!

Yer drinking Tang? Awesome. Astronaut juice. Mix that with some shine and you've got a Madison County Mimosa.

Kidding. Love some kimchi. My only try at making it was a salty disaster. Still have that jar of Korean chile paste......hmmm

Back