What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Cali Common
5630659E-6405-4006-B7C1-C71E73327313.jpeg

Day 38 of the IPA treadmill. There is no end to this, they are like counting stars in a distant galaxy, only to find there are billions of other galaxies! Tonight’s chug is another Hopisaurus of an IPA, Lagunitas’ Maximus Colossal IPA, 9% ABV.

I remember reviewing this beer some time ago, I either had it or another Green/Orange big IPA can mixed up with each other.

Very traditional IPA, just what you are expecting. Good flavor, head, this is a professionally brewed beer. Enjoy!

IMG_6876.jpeg

Aldi PBP brewed by Octopi in WI under State of Brewing label. Like a slightly sweet peanut butter cup with a little bitterness on the back. Not bad at all for the price.
View attachment 841136
Better half surprised me with this. Cannot recall where she purchased but available in Michigan and very tasty.

Well I’m in the final turn of IPAFest 2024. If I’m counting correctly, we should deplete out on day 42, which is this upcoming Sunday. Should I go out and do some more IPA shopping? JUST KIDDING!!!

I’ve been hitting these IPAs day in and day out since January 1. Let me tell you, it really is an interesting experience. You really get dialed in to what makes a particular style when you focus specifically on it. After 42 days, probably over 60 total IPAs counting the multiple IPA days, it is a LOT of beer and a lot of hops, a lot of opinions on what you like and don’t like in an IPA.

If only speed-dating was this good…. 60 dates… we’d all be married to different spouses. Brings on a whole new meaning of Pint-Sized Wives!

I can hardly wait to begin StoutFest 2024 in March. Eh, me thinketh not!

Firestone Walker just keeps cranking out the great beers, but brewers, what’s with these wimpified short little cans? Aren’t these the same cans they sell Bud Light in? C’MON! 16 to 24 ounce cans for IPAs, PLEASE!!! These shorties don’t even fill a glass. Sissy can. SISSY CAN.

Cali Crusier is a 6.6% ABV “Juicy” West Coast IPA. Yes it is “Juicy” (Well, I think Juicy, still working on that one) and even a bit dank. I know what dank means, I’m not stupid. This is a great IPA, and just like everything else they do, you will enjoy! Chug!

IMG_6885.jpeg

Well I’m in the final turn of IPAFest 2024. If I’m counting correctly, we should deplete out on day 42, which is this upcoming Sunday. Should I go out and do some more IPA shopping? JUST KIDDING!!!

I’ve been hitting these IPAs day in and day out since January 1. Let me tell you, it really is an interesting experience. You really get dialed in to what makes a particular style when you focus specifically on it. After 42 days, probably over 60 total IPAs counting the multiple IPA days, it is a LOT of beer and a lot of hops, a lot of opinions on what you like and don’t like in an IPA.

If only speed-dating was this good…. 60 dates… we’d all be married to different spouses. Brings on a whole new meaning of Pint-Sized Wives!

I can hardly wait to begin StoutFest 2024 in March. Eh, me thinketh not!

Firestone Walker just keeps cranking out the great beers, but brewers, what’s with these wimpified short little cans? Aren’t these the same cans they sell Bud Light in? C’MON! 16 to 24 ounce cans for IPAs, PLEASE!!! These shorties don’t even fill a glass. Sissy can. SISSY CAN.

Cali Crusier is a 6.6% ABV “Juicy” West Coast IPA. Yes it is “Juicy” (Well, I think Juicy, still working on that one) and even a bit dank. I know what dank means, I’m not stupid. This is a great IPA, and just like everything else they do, you will enjoy! Chug!

View attachment 841212
I'm not into IPA's but that sounds great, and grueling! Very cool!.

Sipping on a hard cider I brewed this past fall. Can't tell from the picture, but there's a hint of raspberry, added of course. Nice to wash down that Doppelbock. I mean the Doppelbock was fantastic but I need to taper off a little. ???

Attachments

• IMG_20240208_183354332.jpg
    IMG_20240208_183354332.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Speaking of green glass, I noticed a lot more antique green glass in the more Northern US, Canada and continental Euro climates say 100 years ago. Maybe the less sun it was less of an issue. I’ve seen vintage Schlitz ads touting their dark brown glass.

IMG_6901.jpeg

Last edited:
Back