What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black current mead from a beekeeper in Minnesota.
20240209_192256.jpg

Back in Huntsville for the second weekend in a row but this time to help my daighter get a new car. Local IPA - Yellowhammer "Watchdog Tango"
View attachment 841322
When I have to be in Bama Yellowhammer is one of my favorite local beers. Fairhope Brewing had some good beer as well.

Don't know if New Glarus still makes it, but Serendipity is quite nice, if you can find it. The story was that one year they didn't have enough cherries for a batch (bad harvest), so they just added apple and cranberry juice to top off and ended up liking what they got. I'm not even much of a sour beer fan, but I really enjoy that one, and the Raspberry Tart.

Only complaint with this beer is that it’s a touch more resinous from using whole cone citra on the hotside. Def will use them again for flavor but will either drop temp or amount to balance it better
IMG_1279.jpeg

Last edited:
Expanding my tasting boundaries with a tropical IPA. It is that... citrus, maybe mango and papaya? Not over the top bitterness but it coats the tongue and lingers well after it is swallowed. Gonna have to rinse well before the next beer (not an IPA!). Doesn't suck but wouldn't buy it again.
IMG_20240210_173441228.jpg

When I have to be in Bama
I'm sure you meant "When I have the pleasure of being in Bama...."😉 If you're ever in the Birmingham area let me know and I'll treat you to some great local beers! Based on your posts I'm sure I'd enjoy the conversation.

Last edited:
Back