What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hb wcipa, guess this as clear as it's gonna get. Pretty happy with it though.
20240205_205810.jpg

On the road much of this week, and left those two Golden Roads from yesterday behind. We’ll catch up with them later this week. A great opportunity to drink another tasty brew from Drake’s Brewing, San Leandro, CA.

Hopocalypse is a monster 9.3% ABV Double West Coast IPA. I looked all around my hotel room and couldn’t come up with real glassware, so we’re stuck with this pathetic little waxed cup. Never fear, think of all those historic wooden kegs lined with pine tree pitch (Gee, I wonder if they tasted like Simcoe!)

Terrific flavor, so smooth it hides the booze like it’s a 7% IPA, great job! Delicious! This is a great beer, you will enjoy!

IMG_6857.jpeg

Another crazy warm day >50F in MN in Feb. On the deck with an old stalwart, Black Butt Porter.

View attachment 841027
Hmmm, yeah, that one has stood the test of time. I murdered a few Black Buttes and Obsidians while I was stuck in Oregon for three months. Can't say that I left Oregon very impressed by the contemporary brewing scene, but Deschutes left me deeply impressed. Amongst all the slapdash trend-chasing, Deschutes' beer stood out as well-made beer that's worth the money.

You've inspired me to break out a little something that I took home with me.
5E3D77FD-0BDA-4BFE-A32E-333301C5C048.jpeg

Cherry Hibiscus Berlinerweisse at Cahaba Brewing. Very subtle fruit, nicely tart, tasty beer.
View attachment 841032
That's got me thinking about a hibiscus wheat that I used to make back in the late-90s. Nice thing about hibiscus is that it brings both the fruity and the tart. I should use it more.

Last edited:
Since I can't go to work because of flooding, guess I'll just keep hitting the 7%IPA's in the fridge. *cough, cough* it's actually Day 3 and I think my liver would really like me to go back to work.View attachment 841039
A three-day 7% IPA bender seems like a reasonable approach to your current task. ;)

Firestone Walker has outdone themselves on this one. Fantastic dark forest “pine” flavor, resinous and hoppy, 6.7% ABV, EASY drinking and fantastic beer! Plus I found a great glass!

Totally interesting brew from their Paso Robles brewery. Go down and buy all the single cans before everybody else finds out! Delicious! AAAAA++++++!

IMG_6874.jpeg

Latest posts

Back