What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB smoked porter
IMG_20230828_173446.jpg

Tapped my first lager attempt yesterday. Figured the timing was perfect as my parents are in town and having a cold one with my dad has become a somewhat treasured tradition.

For some reason I anticipated this wouldn’t be as good as it is. You read all these stories about zero room for error with lagers, figure I’ll screw up somewhere and it will turn into a dumper cuzz…that thing (messing up) I can do!

Cascade and Mosaic rice lager

IMG_8565.jpeg

Alaska trip, day 8. Finally made it to AK. Stayed in Fairbanks last night. Went to Denali today, but clouds kept the mountain out of view.

Staying next 3 nights in Talkeetna. Having a flight at Denali brewing. Irish red, pilsner, stout on nitro, and a Belgian strong.

This place could become a habit the next 3 days

Edit: and a charcuterie board.
1000015826.jpg

Attachments

• 1000015825.jpg
    1000015825.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Steigl Goldbräu – Wow great beer. I have in my refrigerator beer hoard both their Goldbräu which is a medium golden lager, as well as their Hell, so there are two variations here available in SoCal.

Not a Pilsner though, hopping level in check, my guess around 20-25 IBU. Head comes in at a nice half-finger, lasts over a minute, good body, light lacing. This has more body than you would find in most Pilsners. Gold it is, delicious and with excellent clarity, this is one quality beer. I mean Bier.

Steigl is an Austrian brewer, located in Salzburg, and incredibly historic and beautiful city just on the Austrian side of the Bavarian border, a couple hours out of Munich. They sure know their beer. I consider them a great cousin in the Southern German tradition of quality lagers. To be enjoyed!

IMG_5068.jpeg

Latest posts

Back