What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3199.jpeg

On the menu tonight is The Final Chapter, number #6 of the Samuel Smith Variety pack. I have to say, this is one heck of a great method to really wrap your arms around a brewery’s brewing style. A full line up in one box. Bring it on!

Imperial Stout in this pack comes in a 12 oz, / 355 ml bottle, whatever the heck “ml” are. Just doesn’t sound Murican to me. Gold medal in 1896, 7.0% ABV. Fantastic flavor!

Hey hey - just kidding on that “ml’ remark, I’m not stupid. It means ”you ‘aint filling’ your pint glass, Home Boy!” Ugly Capitalists.

A truly historic and hefty Imperial Stout, I think Samuel Smith was there at the start of all this back in the day. Slight head, zero lacing, “Rich Flavorful Ale” as it says on the label. Truer words never said. Give me a bigger container, please. Great beer!

IMG_5069.jpeg

Last edited:
Big Sky IPA after a day of wheat harvesting. My last keg kicked yesterday. Farming has been getting in the way of brewing. 😎
C7F2597A-2764-42BA-8421-B4718D2D9D45.jpeg

We have about 350 acres left to harvest. Where we stopped for the night there’s about 65 acres left. Tomorrow we’ll finish that and then move all of the vehicles and equipment to the last field, eight miles away. With just two of us to move two combines, two semis, and two service trucks, the move will take half a day. The joys of having a farm with widely scattered fields. Once everything is in one place we should finish in a couple of days. We just don’t know which two days…

Had a kewanau brewing Widowmaker Black ale while driving to Michigans upper peninsula yesterday. Also not pictured is an Upper Hand Brewing IPA.View attachment 828071
I was in Houghton just a couple months ago. Traveled the western half of the UP hitting all the great scenic towns. Fantastic trip, and fantastic beers!

I was in Houghton just a couple months ago. Traveled the western half of the UP hitting all the great scenic towns. Fantastic trip, and fantastic beers!
I was just in Houghton about an hour ago. I’m in L’ Anse now at Skippers bar & Grill having an upper hand pale ale Yooper
IMG_1975.jpeg

Back