What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Saison.
"You're gonna make me lonesome when you go." -B. Dylan
20230813_134645.jpg

??? That's a new one for me. Love to see a recipe for it.
Ok,
My brother and I started brewing this at our brewery in Northern Michigan as an experiment,
and to our surprise the older clientele seamed to like it, Even the women.
G-bill is simple..

35% 2-row
35% minute rice
30% 6-row
Mash 90min @ 148deg
Norther Brewer hops boiled 60min
You can use any kind of clean low diacetyl lager yeast you choose,
I prefer WLP 838.
Ferment in the low 50's [50-53]
Amounts will depend on equipment and efficiency,
OG ~1.045
IBU ~ 20

Keep the water balanced.

Tim

My brother and I started brewing this at our brewery in Northern Michigan as an experiment..
Thanks for the quick response, much appreciated. A couple of things... living on the upper east coast (NY) my entire life I had no idea there were hillbillies in Michigan. Aside from Jed Clampett I'm not sure I could even define hillbilly. And as to the grist... I've been brewing 30 years and maybe used rice three times. I have never used 6 row! Maybe time to expand my horizons.

This is a cascadian IPA, Rye malt , gives it a nice peppery flavor, midnight wheat give it smoothe mouthfeel, Eukanot, cascade and citra hops give it aroma and slight bitterness, I brew this one often it was my first venture into.my own recipe.

Attachments

• 20230813_175341.jpg
    20230813_175341.jpg
    968.3 KB · Views: 0
Busted my butt today pouring concrete for the pool deck footers, then roasted 6lbs of coffee. Time to go for a swim her shortly, then clean up and continue working on the deck again tomorrow.
Don't get lost in the rabbit hole. Soon you'll want a water feature with LED lighting, fire feature, cover with surround sound TV, brewpub, planter feature....😁

Back