What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Relaxing with a tall pour of 3 Floyds Gumballhead. My wife just took a cherry pie out of the oven. Waiting for it to cool.

1000016561.jpg

You know, I was so impressed with Kona Big Wave, I bought two more of these chugworthy 25 oz pale ales for my beer fridge stash. While I was shopping for snacks, the whole thing came to me a little clearer and in focus - check out my Hawaiian Macadamia nuts and the matching blue bag...! Obviously it is an example of life imitating art, or was that art imitating life? I dunno, how about chicken and the egg? Whoever got there first the opposing company's marketing folks wised up quick - beer with matching snacks!!!

I've reviewed this 4.4% chugworthy College Party beer before, no need to go there. A great and easy beer to dump straight down the gullet! This time with snacks!

IMG_5792.jpeg

Nice 5.5mil walk today. Been a while since I've done a FotD. Reminiscing a bit. Some of these breweries no longer exist or they discontinued some of these beers.

Edit, the saddest thing is Pinthouse no longer carries that cool glass. Someone here has one. Don't let her drop! (Or let your drunken son use it! 😔)

HB Hazy PA

PXL_20231107_203727575.MP.jpg

Screenshot_20231107-144947.png

Last edited:
Nice 5.5mil walk today. Been a while since I've done a FotD. Reminiscing a bit. Some of these breweries no longer exist or they discontinued some of these beers.

Edit, the saddest thing is Pinthouse no longer carries that cool glass. Someone here has one. Don't let her drop! (Or let your drunken son use it! 😔)

HB Hazy PA

View attachment 833372

View attachment 833373
I sure miss being able to get Baptist here. They stopped their distribution here several years ago.

I sure miss being able to get Baptist here. They stopped their distribution here several years ago.
They have rows and rows of it here. To be honest the last couple I got (Imperial Stouts) we're a bit off. IDK, could be distributors leaving it in the Texas sun for a while. Never really enjoyed their IPAs though.

F it… I’m going to drink some beer tonight instead of pain pills. HB chocolate porter.
I think I’m gonna try to brew a batch of my standard blonde ale as well as a batch of raspberry hard lemonade this weekend. Got to get a supply in the fridge for the holidays since I was just approved for shoulder surgery on Dec 5. I’ll be the one arm bandit for a while after that.
@ThirstyPawsHB , I have a Pinthouse glass you gave me years ago… not quite the same one in your picture above.
IMG_1502.jpeg

IMG_1503.jpeg

Kona Brewing - I might as well wring out one final Island Brew review while I’m at it. If I had been more organized, I’d be munching on some of those Macadamias from yesterday. Unfortunately I ate them all, so I’m stuck with Peanuts again!

I’m really liking these big cans, this one a 19.2 oz and yesterday’s 25 oz can of 4.6% ABV deliciousness. Dude, mine’s bigger than yours!

Taste of this yummy Golden lager runs more like a Kolsch IMHO. Slight esters on the front end not really achieving that clean crispness of many lagers. Maybe right for a Golden Lager, dunno. Carbonation a bit lower than medium, zero head, zero lacing.

Pull on your board shorts and knock back a couple of these thirst quenchers on the sand, Bro. Get Amped Up, Hang Loose, but don’t Wipe Out! Totally Tubular…!

IMG_5800.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg
IMG_2816.jpeg
Second round with a taster of their Jaguar Shark imperial stout that will be released in a couple of weeks. They are packaging it now and the staff had a partial fill they shared some with me. WOW I can see why people love that beer! It’s a collaboration with Firestone Walker this year.
Great group of folks there and I really enjoyed my time there too! @ThirstyPawsHB youre lucky to have them in your backyard!
I did leave the staff with some NY beers as they were an amazing staff. They hooked me up with one of their glasses since they no longer sell glasses due to a manufacturing shortage/issues.

Back