What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20181201_193408.jpeg

I keep getting distracted by the cool photos and forget the reason I came here--to post a picture. This thread and the pizza or cooking threads are my favorite.
Anyway, this is an HB Quad at four months plus one week. Really coming along with the deeper fruit notes. The head was a deep tan and on the pillowy side which is nice. I took this a while after I poured. That is a reusable grocery bag there depicting a cartoon banana (I'm not one for leaving confusions lying about).
quaddie.jpg

I’m a professional on the weekend!
I like it. I've been enamored this past year making beer that's above 9. I have no idea if this is a phase or not. I do dry yeast only and no starter so that makes it a fun game. I'm not losing: I've hit a legitimate 11.5 using only two packs.
My "What are you drinking now"answer is 10%.
Cheers!

I like it. I've been enamored this past year making beer that's above 9. I have no idea if this is a phase or not. I do dry yeast only and no starter so that makes it a fun game. I'm not losing: I've hit a legitimate 11.5 using only two packs.
My "What are you drinking now"answer is 10%.
Cheers!

It's typically lack of oxygen that keeps ABV limited with big beers. 12-14%ers are easy peasy now. That Cherry Quad posted earlier was about 12.5%. Have fun with it!

20181201_191245.jpeg

I keep getting distracted by the cool photos and forget the reason I came here--to post a picture. This thread and the pizza or cooking threads are my favorite.
Anyway, this is an HB Quad at four months plus one week. Really coming along with the deeper fruit notes. The head was a deep tan and on the pillowy side which is nice. I took this a while after I poured. That is a reusable grocery bag there depicting a cartoon banana (I'm not one for leaving confusions lying about).
View attachment 600428

Recipe please. That sounds delectable.

Recipe please. That sounds delectable.
I've been doing the St Bernardus Abt XII and the Westvleteren XII clones. They're great. At the moment, the Westy clone is in the lead by a nose. I'll dig out the recipe. I make the extract but do you want the all-grain?
Honestly, If I never had anything besides tripels and quads for the rest of my life, I'd be totally fine with it.

I've been doing the St Bernardus Abt XII and the Westvleteren XII clones. They're great. At the moment, the Westy clone is in the lead by a nose. I'll dig out the recipe. I make the extract but do you want the all-grain?
Honestly, If I never had anything besides tripels and quads for the rest of my life, I'd be totally fine with it.

Awesome!! Thank you.

Awesome!!
You're welcome. I enjoy spreading the recipes, whether it's beer or food.
You didn't mention all-grain or extract? With your number of posts, I would guess all-grain. Having just looked, I noticed that you're the first person I've seen with more "likes" than "posts."

You're welcome. I enjoy spreading the recipes, whether it's beer or food.
You didn't mention all-grain or extract? With your number of posts, I would guess all-grain. Having just looked, I noticed that you're the first person I've seen with more "likes" than "posts."

Ha! People like the pictures of beer that I post I guess ;)

I do all grain, but would try extract to replicate given that description.

I'll PM both.
Can I get in on that recipe? I would prefer both recipes if possible. I'm an extract Brewer now, but expect to get into all grain in next year or two. Belgians are my favorite beers to drink but I haven't made any that are close to the great ones I buy at the store. Will keep trying but would love to have a head start with your recipes!

Can I get in on that recipe? I would prefer both recipes if possible. I'm an extract Brewer now, but expect to get into all grain in next year or two. Belgians are my favorite beers to drink but I haven't made any that are close to the great ones I buy at the store. Will keep trying but would love to have a head start with your recipes!
Oh... forgot
1543719813589.jpeg

My other beer tonight was from Dragon Mead in Warren, Mi. Final Absolution Trippel (9% ABV). I've posted it before but they all look the same. Delicious X5.

Post em in the recipes section. I'd be interested as well
That's a fine idea. That would be easier on me. I'm pretty sure though that the recipe I'm using is not a secret; it's just from the BYO magazine. I hope no one is disappointed. On the other hand, I wasn't when I tried it.

Post em in the recipes section. I'd be interested as well
What's the 6557 mean, if it doesn't reveal too much? Mine-abcd-was a panic/nobody else has it/no creativity kind of thing. My New Year's resolution is to ask people here if I don't get their computer name (ultra-dry sense of humor).

Back