What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coffee. My tasty IPA keg kicked on me last night when I wanted just one more pour. It filled 90% then blew out trub and yeast to the point that it almost looked like peanut butter. My coworkers are going to hate me today.

Thankfully this is a short week. I need to get brewing. Ingredient buying today or tomorrow. Brewing this weekend at the latest. Something quick. A blonde. Then another IPA, then maybe a Saison/Farmhouse as everyone has me inspired with all the delicious looking saisons.

@MrNic happy birthday!

@SippinSudz that is okay to kill what you see, but you need nothing more than Amdro Ant Block. Spread it around the perimeter of your house and toss some under the crawl space, if you have one. I toss some under my deck near the house as well. I do have a service myself now, but my neighbors battled ants for 3 weeks. I told them to get that, ants were gone the next day. I swear by it over any other spray product you can get.

The end.

Iced coffee. Exhausted.

I also think I botched my Rye IPA. I got excited during brew day and added 1 extra ounce of Simcoe at 25 min. So I had additions at 60, 25, and 15. 13.8% AA and it looks like with the ounce of dry hop, it'll be at 100 IBUs. I didn't intend for it to be that much. I hope it's not unbalanced.

@MrNic happy birthday!

@SippinSudz that is okay to kill what you see, but you need nothing more than Amdro Ant Block. Spread it around the perimeter of your house and toss some under the crawl space, if you have one. I toss some under my deck near the house as well. I do have a service myself now, but my neighbors battled ants for 3 weeks. I told them to get that, ants were gone the next day. I swear by it over any other spray product you can get.

The end.

Iced coffee. Exhausted.

I also think I botched my Rye IPA. I got excited during brew day and added 1 extra ounce of Simcoe at 25 min. So I had additions at 60, 25, and 15. 13.8% AA and it looks like with the ounce of dry hop, it'll be at 100 IBUs. I didn't intend for it to be that much. I hope it's not unbalanced.

I would just add 4-5 ounces dry hop of some fruity hops to try and balance it out. Shouldn't be gross by any means, just wont be for the weak hearted. :)

View attachment 280716

In laws have an ant problem. So mother in law armed me with this...

At least the father in law gives me useful.

I would just add 4-5 ounces dry hop of some fruity hops to try and balance it out. Shouldn't be gross by any means, just wont be for the weak hearted. :)

Why fruity hops?
I meant that it is more of a hop bomb and the golden promise and rye malts are basically undetectable. I just don't want a pallet wrecker. I will of course try it before I dry hop and if it is fine then, I may skip the dry hop all together. What really shocked me is my IBUs went from 68 to 100 with the 25 minute addition of the 1 ounces of hops. At least according to BeerSmith.

Why fruity hops?
I meant that it is more of a hop bomb and the golden promise and rye malts are basically undetectable. I just don't want a pallet wrecker. I will of course try it before I dry hop and if it is fine then, I may skip the dry hop all together. What really shocked me is my IBUs went from 68 to 100 with the 25 minute addition of the 1 ounces of hops. At least according to BeerSmith.

I just thought you meant you were worried it was going to be too bitter since its 100 IBUs. The fruity hops would help balance out the bitterness.

Why fruity hops?

It's ruined. Package it and ship it to me for disposal.

Coffee.

I just thought you meant you were worried it was going to be too bitter since its 100 IBUs. The fruity hops would help balance out the bitterness.

Hmmmm you're right. We'll, i'll see where it is at after fermentation, then I'll see what I should do if anything. I could just be paranoid.

Strawberry kombucha.

I ran out of tea and have had two scobys in a small amount of kombucha now for over a week. I need to buy more tea but my kombucha consumption isn't as quick as I thought it would be.

Had coffee, went to early doctor's appointment, drinking cold water while I wait for script for anti-inflammatory to get filled. My L2 & left hip about shot. Doctor thinks it might be arthritis in my left hip. Little range of motion left in left hip/leg. Gotta get x-rays & physical therapy going soon. I've got to be able to do things around the house, car, piers & reservoirs! Fishin' buckets need filling!:mug:

Someone just kept asking people in a meeting if we had a PPT...finally someone spoke up and asked WTF he meant. Between calling it a PPT and his thick accent, we had no idea what was happening. It's a Power Point.

Yo @slym2none I'm in a meeting... :p

More kombucha ... orange this time.

that cup is pretty rad!

Have to. Concealed drinking is good drinking. Everyone is working except me. Not like anyone is going to see me drinking a beer on the dock. Problem is I have to swim there in this cold ass water, with a canned beer in-hand.

Someone just kept asking people in a meeting if we had a PPT...finally someone spoke up and asked WTF he meant. Between calling it a PPT and his thick accent, we had no idea what was happening. It's a Power Point.

Safety meeting? ;)

Water while taking a lunchtime walk. The sun is behind clouds so it isn't too hot but it is plenty humid.

Drank a Stella on the Plane ride to Dubai.. boy did I miss beer :)

Enjoying a Johnny Walker Black right now waiting for my flight back to the States.

Life is good.

If the water is colder, and the mountains arent blue, skip the cooler and use the water instead.

At this point, it doesn't matter. Waiting for SWMBO to get here. There's no one here but me. Which is gonna be a good thing.

I am sorry you are stuck in a meeting...

:(

No way!

@Hello, if you need a test subject, I volunteer. I like RyePAs, and 100+ IBUs doesn't scare me.

:)

Look, slym, I like you, but the ruined beer/send it to me thing is mine. It also doesn't work. Once it does, I'll make sure everyone here knows all about it.

Also, 100+ IBU RyePA is directly in my wheelhouse. I might not find it bitter enough.

I am sorry you are stuck in a meeting...

:(
haha! Come on now, you know I was taking the piss out of you. FWIW, I am not in a meeting right now. As for the Rye IPA...A sample could be arranged I bet. You said you're in Durham?
I am beginning to think "nightcap" means something different around here.

Nope. A @remmy nightcap is pretty much before 6 pm.

Water.
I went to put all of the crap on my BK, temp probe, valve, whirlpool etc...I guess the stupid whirlpool assembly is 3/4" not 1/2". back to the sauna, I mean shed I go to drill out the hole wider.
Next thing would be to check for leaks and then mark for the volume marking project.

Back