What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some mead with dinner. This is from my hometown and was actually started by a guy from my high school apparently.

Wasn't cheap, even for mead. Good mint flavor but could use more lime. Pretty sweet too.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405730051.248124.jpg

Feel like I am invading on Qurumph's territory here.

Had a patersbier and a Brawler while cooking, followed by a Bluebird with dinner. Blur in the first pic was due to the little man deciding his milk cup needed to be in the picture.

1405731823749.jpg

1405731833557.jpg

Picked this up on a trip to Western North Carolina. Nothing to do with NC, but I hadn't seen it before and, as I recall, the price was reasonable. It's actually pretty good, IMO. Refreshing after a sweaty return from fishing. Two hours and one small brim...kind of pitiful.

DSC05085.jpg

Second pour, while kids play in the hose (and water the lawn, while not breaking the watering restrictions)...
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405733295.365522.jpg

Feel like I am invading on Qurumph's territory here.

Had a patersbier and a Brawler while cooking, followed by a Bluebird with dinner. Blur in the first pic was due to the little man deciding his milk cup needed to be in the picture.

that boy's got a great taste in beer, music, & lifestyle. proud & honored to call him a bruva. just drink in that tastyness. hahahhaa!!

2nd pour of the Hop on Top IIpa. my wife says I'm buzzed and I believe her.

that boy's got a great taste in beer, music, & lifestyle. proud & honored to call him a bruva. just drink in that tastyness. hahahhaa!!

2nd pour of the Hop on Top IIpa. my wife says I'm buzzed and I believe her.

Its always better to agree with them when they say something of that nature haha.

Second pour

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405733638.473240.jpg

Moving on to an American rye - Rye Dog IPAd. Good, but has a metallic taste.

Crap. Found out I am postponing brew day tomorrow due to home maintenance.

1405735067095.jpg

beer.jpg
Brewery Vivant Triomphe. I have yet to have a good "Belgian IPA" and this is not the exception to that rule. I actually like this beer it tastes nice, decent Belgian yeast character but little hop flavor or aroma. Is this style just a gimmick? it sounds good on paper but hop it to IPA level and you lose those Phenolic and spicy flavors that make a Belgian beer, keep the hops so low that those characteristics remain and it's not an IPA. This beer is the latter a decent Belgian.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405738471.425706.jpgthristy planet bucket head IPA
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405738504.795266.jpgCapitol of the great state of Texas!!!
Too uncoordinated to quote Wes or DC right now but to answer your question 1. No cool glassware found
2. RU55 tasted like jester king MIGHT WOULD have figured out how to bottle what the sweet taste of the greatest state in the union would taste like if put in a glass vessel mixed with hill country and red wine.

View attachment 212024thristy planet bucket head IPA
View attachment 212025Capitol of the great state of Texas!!!
Too uncoordinated to quote Wes or DC right now but to answer your question 1. No cool glassware found
2. RU55 tasted like jester king MIGHT WOULD have figured out how to bottle what the sweet taste of the greatest state in the union would taste like if put in a glass vessel mixed with hill country and red wine.

You're drunk lol

No pictures, but tonight consisted of the following, with the help of 2 others :

Lost Abbey - Devotion
Prairie Artisan - Saison
Abita - Save Our Shore Pilsner
Jester King - Wytchmaker
Jester King - Noble King
Brasserie St-Feuillien - Saison

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405745069.833644.jpgalittle wookey jack to keep things going. And while at it almost got in a fight with a hipster beer snob about how to pronounce Firestone walker scuba. He tried to get all fancy on me. Fu$k this guy

Great divide Collette. Along with dinner. Finally time to relax. This beer is great and pairs well with everything. Reminds me of the last saison I brewed

1405746621760.jpg

Back