What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
America-On-Tap-Logo.png

http://americaontap.com/sparkling-city-on-tap/

dry hopping an IPA and bottling a marzen.

It's too damn hot to brew this weekend! 100°+ since Sunday

This weekend we refinished the countertops and cabinets and laid the new floor in our camper.

Cabinets are reinstalled and countertops are drying.

Time for a beer.....

Bottled my first lager, a Marzen/Oktoberfest, at the LHBS. Got 2 Big Mouth bubblers delivered. Watched Robbie Lawler get starched by Tyron Woodley (who saw that coming?). Whew.

This past weekend was filled with unpacking the new house. However SWMBO has graciously suggested that we should switch to a Propane burner setup for Outside brewing... Now to figure out the right system to buy or build.

This past weekend was filled with unpacking the new house. However SWMBO has graciously suggested that we should switch to a Propane burner setup for Outside brewing... Now to figure out the right system to buy or build.

I just moved up from a turkey burner to a blichman burner. It's totally worth it .Especially if youp plan on growing your system.

Making homemade limoncello. It's surprisingly easy to do and will make some nice gifts for the holidays.

negotiating a trade:
My current freezer/fermentation chamber for one twice the size.
Guy I work with lives in a 5th wheel, and wants a smaller one, and I need more room for to ferment more delicious alchihalls at one time....

With wife sick for a week and a 4 month old I'm 2 weeks behind on mowing the yard, 4 weeks behind on weed control by the RV....6 hours to hoe grassburs/goatheads then spray, 5 hours to mow, 2 hours to edge there is my Saturday. Sunday is church, cleaning the garage and pool, then road trip to meet the grandparents to pick up the older kiddo.

On vacation until next weekend. Stocked the frig with a bunch of locally brewed beers. Planning on checking out grey sail brewing once or twice.

Was hoping to bottle the Mumme, but it's still a bit cloudy & the gravity went down .002 points. Got a new 8,000BTU window A/C unit & a roll of 6mil plastic to cover the archway to the man cave until I can afford French doors. Works well at keeping the room at a comfy 67F. If the air lock is any indication, the internal temp of the primary is going down...

Harvesting Hops and watching preseason football..
Other than that, what I do every weekend this time of year..

Sitting out by the campfire, rockin' out on guitar to some excellent tunes, and drinking beer...

Children coming to visit, and will start a cider in honor of the boy's 25th bday. Actual brewday gets to wait until we get the order with needed hops for pale ale, probably next Wednesday in reality...

Jimmy Buffett concert on the beach in A.C. tomorrow. Out on the boat on Beltsville Lake on Sunday. Love the summer!

After the deep clean yesterday, stage two was to get all the sails hanked on and lazy jacks ran...Had my crew there to help. They missed another prime opportunity to drop Dad on his A** today, you can see the little ones wheels turning thinking about it though..:rolleyes: We plan on taking off Tuesday or Wednesday for a month. We also got all the fermenters emptied today and kegged up, cleaned and put away....No brewing for me for a while.

Carry on

102_0163 copy.jpg

Sailing is a blast. I used to do it with my sister and brother in law on Lake Superior... Ran before sudden 20 foot storm waves more than once to get behind and island and ride it out. And my brother in law tacked one day without warning and swept my sister and myself overboard with the boom. Lake Superior is about 50 degrees out in the middle... he was not happy when we got back on board and threw him over the side and let him soak for 20 minutes! Ran for an island after that to build a bonfire to thaw and stave off hypothermia!

Sailing is a blast. I used to do it with my sister and brother in law on Lake Superior... Ran before sudden 20 foot storm waves more than once to get behind and island and ride it out. And my brother in law tacked one day without warning and swept my sister and myself overboard with the boom. Lake Superior is about 50 degrees out in the middle... he was not happy when we got back on board and threw him over the side and let him soak for 20 minutes! Ran for an island after that to build a bonfire to thaw and stave off hypothermia!

Both events evoke laughter now but could have turned out much differently...recovering crew is always an iffy proposition in a blow boat especially in those conditions. I do my utmost best to keep everyone on board. If I yell at you its not because I'm in a bad mood, its because something needs to happen right now, OR something is going to happen to you/us right now that your going to like a whole lot less then my yelling..:) And its not really yelling its assertive recommendation as I tell my wife..but That's why she drives and I pull strings so she can yell at me...we sleep much better together that way...:D

But your right its a total blast. The windier the better.

I will be running (again) the ruby mountain relay with some new friends I'll be making. Yeah running takes a front seat to brewing for a while. I really need to adjust my priorities

Latest posts

Back