What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed today

IMG_20160702_1753217221_zpsofozzr6q.jpg

Bottle Dead Ringer IPA tomorrow... 8 pound pork butt to slow smoke on Monday...

Sweating my ass off, because the air conditioning went out. Damn compressor!

Also, I just cleaned my brew kettle that I never cleaned after my last brew day over a month ago. I figured there would be sticky wort and hop bits dried on the kettle. I sure as heck did not expect to see so much mold. :mad: Ugh.

Scrubbing that with hot water running and no air conditioning had sweat dripping from my brow and my shirt is soaked.

Time to go sit in the somewhat cooler basement and try to relax.

Going to Citifeild. To watch the Mets beat up Washington. I hope... eat some BBQ and drink some homebrew.

At a ranch in California for my sister in-law's wedding. I took my wife out shooting for the first time earlier today. We shot 12 & 20 gauge shotguns and a 22 rifle. I had her start with the 12 gauge!!! LOL It was awesome and such a laugh for her first time shooting.

Hopefully I'll be brewing next weekend when we return home.

Hanging out with the grand kids. We have all five under one roof. That goodness I have beer on tap.

I have a roofer coming out to give me an estimate in a new roof from storm damage a few months back. Then might take the family to a new restaurant on the lake, drink a few beers and relax before having to work tomorrow.

Mine was storm damaged a couple years ago, & homeowner's insurance covered the roof & damaged garage door. Got upgrades on both!:ban:

Finishing the repair on my True GDM-12 ferm chamber. I'll probably control it with a PID I've got lying around, but may go BrewPi or STC-1000+ eventually.

Mine was storm damaged a couple years ago, & homeowner's insurance covered the roof & damaged garage door. Got upgrades on both!:ban:

I'm hoping to get a few upgrades too. We also have some water damage from leaks so I get a newly painted gameroom. Best part is I wanted to paint that room anyway.

I had that happen with the outside faucet in front of the house. Got this fancier one that has a pre-chamber on it to prevent freezing & bursting inside the basement where it connects to the pipe. I got the 30-year roofing, along with improvements on the garage door. like these plastic wind seals over the door section joints. & it's designed to roll up & down with less effort. The roofing I got looks a lot like cedar shingles to match the colors/style of the house, a Georgian-style colonial.

Does trying to empty a keg count as brewing? If so I brew every weekend.

Today I am trying to empty a keg and going sailing.

I have a Honey Amber Ale in the kettle right now. It is called the Bee's Knees Honey Amber Ale.
Recipe looked good and it smells great cooking.
I will post the recipe if it turns out OK,

I had to go fishing. THis was the first time in 3 yrs for surface fish and I didn't embarrass my self. Now I just had a keg kick so I need to be brewing!

Mixed 3 TBSP's PBW in about 4 gallons of water to start removing labels from the bottles in my collection. I'm going to dry & press them flat after removal to frame in poster frames like these coasters;

There's a lot of twist-offs anyway, & I don't use the stubbies anymore. Not to mention, I need to empty one more twelve pack box in the garage for bottles I'm using.

Upper intake, lower intake manifold gaskets, valve cover gaskets, coolant elbows and genrealy tune-up...car geeks guess the motor.

Ex-wife just got her first new job outside of the public transportation world.

Hoping to brew, will depend on how my back feels in the morning... right now my left leg is going numb so I may end up flat in bed for 2 days to let it recover(never heals, my lower spine makes docs panic when they see an xray...)

Hoping to brew, will depend on how my back feels in the morning... right now my left leg is going numb so I may end up flat in bed for 2 days to let it recover(never heals, my lower spine makes docs panic when they see an xray...)
Me to, my L2 disc is out of place a bit & left hip is bone-on-bone. Right hip not far behind. So brew & bottling days take a lot outta me too. I'll be de-labeling bottles to dry & save the labels from my bottle collection to mount in poster frames this weekend. Gotta head out to the garage & go through another box of'em.

We brewed last weekend, so it's the "off" weekend and we're drinking what's on tap, along with what's in the fridge since our new buddy Matt brought us some awesome brews for showing him our brew day. Fried some fish (some caught in the river, some bought from a local fisherie...) River is full of bass boats 'cause it's a fishing contest, so hope we get out after that to catch some more.

Installed some under cabinet lighting. Cut up 1000 pounds of tree that fell in my backyard last weekend #thatsucked. Mowed. Trimmed. Cleaned up some puke. Laundry. Grocery. Pigged out.

pulling the transmission out of the boat...But I did dry hop today and bottled a 2 1/2 gallon experiment..

Pulling down drywall in the basement for some waterproofing on Monday. Might try to throw a batch of apfelwein together but no beer this week

Massive storm system said no to brewing... I do not enjoy brewing by flashlight... 7 hours with no power, waiting for fridges and freezer to cool back down...

And I will have to inspect wind damage in the daylight. Something large hit the house hard enough to make it shudder and shake and I have no trees... been a long night... drinking another beer to wind down and maybe be able to sleep...

Back