What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking care of my three kids while swmbo works her one day a week, fun times.

Oh and I'm running a load in the smoker too

ForumRunner_20131215_092647.jpg

Reading posts on the board while it rains outside. No sun on O`ahu today. Temp might hit 73*F if lucky. Had to get a long sleeve shirt but still wearing shorts. Brrrrrr, freezing in this unheated house.

Reading posts on the board while it rains outside. No sun on O`ahu today. Temp might hit 73*F if lucky. Had to get a long sleeve shirt but still wearing shorts. Brrrrrr, freezing in this unheated house.

You are a sick, sick person! Here in north Georgia, it's 37* and cloudy! I'll gladly trade my weather for yours! :cross:

Spent yesterday breaking ice on my driveway and today my daughter and I are decorating Christmas cookies. I had to chastise her for imitating Jackson Pollock with the sprinkles.

I'll be writing more of my 1st book. I try to write at least a few pages a day. Word type pages,as I don't remember the details I saw a long time ago about spacing,etc. So the 38 long pages I have now could be twice that in the right format. Hoping Christmas brings some brewing stuff.

Christmas song singalong party at our house, brought to our friends and family with homebrew!

If the weather is nice out (which it should be) I will be building a collar for my chest freezer since my sanke fermenter is a tad too tall for it. I will also be kegging my first beer! Pretty excited about that.

Taking care of wife and kid. All been up since 2am. Think they are having a competition to see who can puke the furthest. Bad flu going around the area. Hope i dont get it!

Just relaxing this weekend... Going to watch football, drink beer, make stew and foccochia bread today. Going to brew a Dubbel next weekend.

Wish I was brewing but I guess it's time to make a new single tier brew rig with 2"x2" square tube sized up for my new 1 barrel stout tanks coming in January. Pretty stoked. Oh and have some home brews. Cheers

Shopping at the Mall of America 3 days before Christmas. Shoot me now.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

Christmas decorating.
Brining a piece of salmon for smoking tomorrow.
Cleaning and setting up an old meat grinder to make pate de campagne tomorrow.
Cleaning, wrapping, organizing...

Going to the Eagles/Bears game, tailgating all day, drinking home brew, trying to forget that Monday I have to visit my crazy inlaws, drinking more home brew... Lots more home brew!

Brew a batch of brew and then set up a portible Ham Radio and operated on 20 meters.

Roger
K5MOW

I dowloaded the new version of open office to make writing my book a bit easier. Searching for youtube tutorials on formating & the like. Got some more bottles to wash & rinse/sanitize the fermenter.

unionrdr said:
I dowloaded the new version of open office to make writing my book a bit easier. Searching for youtube tutorials on formating & the like. Got some more bottles to wash & rinse/sanitize the fermenter.

As long as you don't try anything tricky (e.g anything), it works fine. The spreadsheet tool is pretty good, but takes a little getting used to. Don't use impress (ppt equivalent) - it's god awful.

If you don't already have it, good old Strunk's Elements of Style is very helpful, even if you're an experienced writer. The latest edition is about $7 on Amazon.

Now that Christmas and her birthday are over, it's time for the annual clean and purge of my daughter's bedroom.

I am so proud of her this year. She is actually willing to part with toys she no longer plays with and isn't complaining that I'm throwing away the boxes that her new toys came in.

And best of all... She wants to donate all of her Disney princesses to charity.

She has finally figured out there are things more important than possessions.

Finishing the new end table for my living room and refinishing a walnut rifle stock for my cousin while brewing a one gallon test batch and cooking dinner

Just got back from a day of snowshoeing, tired, sore but home brew in hand. I'll be sleeping well tonight!

Working on zeroing the scope on my magnum air rifle. and looking for parts for a frankenrifle which will be loosely based on a Benjamin .25 but with projectile speed of over 1000 SPS and a bunch of impact energy without losing accuracy...That will be an ongoing bench project for a while...

Wheelchair Bob

Was going to brew a Belgian Pale or Blonde to build up yeast for a BGSA, but when I went to the garage I found that what I thought was Pilsner was actually MO, so after I mulled over what kind of beer I should brew I decided to hold off until I can have everything else ready. I got the grain milled and plan ot brew after work one night this week.

Instead of brewing this weekend we went to a hockey game in GR and on Sunday I cooked up some walnut ink and handmade soap with the kid.

Now I only have to figure out when would be a good time to brew after work. Kid has a busy schedule all week.

Photographed a very pretty young lady on Saturday, edited the photos and then went to a workshop on Sunday on how to be a better photo editor. :)

Back