What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiling the kitchen and bathroom... ugh. This project is never going to end.

We are freezing at the moment. It has dropped from 20 F to below zero in less than 2 hours. The winds have been gusting at 35-50 mph so trying to brew in the garage would not be an option even with the door slightly en to vent the CO.

The tiling is easy, doing the grout is the bad part

It's not either that I dislike specifically... just the whole upside-down life that happens as a result. We only have the 1 bathroom and I'm an avid cook. I hate the lack of normality!

It's not either that I dislike specifically... just the whole upside-down life that happens as a result. We only have the 1 bathroom and I'm an avid cook. I hate the lack of normality!

I feel ya, I've redone almost every room in the house one at a time. Fortunately there's a 3/4bath in the basement but even that was a pain. One bath while redoing the bath would suck

I watched other people brew.
Joined my local homebrew club a couple of weeks ago and attended a brew day event yesterday. Met and talked to a lot of great people, tasted some really nice beers, had my first brew critiqued, learned a ton, mostly that I don't know a damn thing. Really fanned the fire that was already burning. There's another club brew day in 2 weeks close to my house. I'm hoping to have a mash tun put together by then and hopefully knock out my first all grain brew.

Well, I brewed,but maybe I should have replace the faucet in my kitchen, cause it still sprays out of the handle every time I turn it on

Waiting for my new 10g brew pot which had some trouble getting off the ground in NJ. At least the pot has bad weather to blame...f@#%ing Broncos!

I had about two-thirds of the bottle tree loaded with dried bottles. Sat down to put them away,then thought "Hey! I wanna cut down the number of boxes of bottles I have. I have more than I can ever fill at one time over a couple months". So I decided to weed out the Sam Adams bottles. I took out 8 12 pack boxes worth! Now I have enough boxes of bottles for 4-5 or 6 gallon batches that I can typically afford to do. Plus a second big box filling up with cleaned plain craft bottles waiting to be delabeled. Some case boxes will cut the size of the pile down a bit more as well. I figured it was time for a lil spring cleaning in the man cave. So I got a bunch of de-labeled bottles for whoever wants them.

Housemate's 19 y.o. is moving out today. So I'm cleaning the house little by little after each load she takes away.

Working on my keezer, picked up refilled CO2 tanks, dryhop pale ale. Now i'm watching olympics & planning next brew. Praying for weather to cooperate! I have 4 empty kegs to fill!:cross:

Pork butt. Smoked at 225 degrees for 9 hours, then foiled for 2 more hours. Just about to start pulling it apart for sandwiches. This would go well with the American ale that I'm making next week end - so I'll have to make another in a couple of months or so, lol...

1898045_538424622921360_1777645113_n.jpg

Slept all day Saturday and then Sunday photographed pretty ladies. :)

Pics or it didn't happen!

We usually go out for a weekend this coming weekend, but due to other events happening this summer we decided to not do it up as nice this year. So I *think* we are going to pick a brewery to visit and just spend a day in that area.

I see TC is growing more breweries. I'm not positive, but I think they may be getting close to having too many.

I bottled a batch of Scotch Ale. Then spent a week in the hospital with pancreatitis. Doc says no more alcohol. So I will continue to brew and give it to family and friends. I enjoy brewing and not drinking isn't going to keep me from brewing.

Pics or it didn't happen!

We usually go out for a weekend this coming weekend, but due to other events happening this summer we decided to not do it up as nice this year. So I *think* we are going to pick a brewery to visit and just spend a day in that area.

I see TC is growing more breweries. I'm not positive, but I think they may be getting close to having too many.

OK. I'll post some pics when I get them edited. :)

This past weekend was spent with some, plumbing and low voltage wiring. The plumbing was to fix my shower (hot water wouldnt turn off) and the wiring was for (network and coax) during the process my hand got scratched up by nails in the wall. On the plus side wifi signal in my house is much stronger and I should soon have coax wired cleanly into each room. Maybe this weekend I canget some brewing in. It seems I am holding steady with a brew every other weekend so far this year. If I keep it up at this level soon I am going to run out of fermenters and kegs/bottles. Oh what a problem to have.

I'm hosting a brew day on Saturday but won't be brewing. I'll be teaching 2 newbies all-grain and smoking/grilling.

Getting on the boat with SWMBO to Scotland for the weekend that it is.

Had to do my first ever weekday (and evening) brew yesterday as a result. Definitely prefer those relaxing Sunday morning brew sessions.

Hanging out with my daughter on my day off tomorrow since I suspect daycare will be closed due to snow and going to a winery at some point during the weekend. I may yet attempt to crank out an English mild using dry yeast since I won't have time to make a starter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Waiting for a McMastercarr order to come in so I can insulate my mash tun.
Thinking about firing up my snowblower so I can clear 18+ inches of snow from my back and side yards. Thinking about it, that is...

Back