What are you doing instead of brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds like fun.. SWMBO and I keep meaning to get over to one of the local clubs and help out, but it's been a really odd year..

Really looking forward to dusting off "Blue Thunder" and hitting the trails though.. :ban:

You must be a Yammi owner too

Making a list of all the things that need to be done around here in anticipation of swmbo mother arriving today. I think I have enough to keep me in the shop the whole week that she's here.

Brewed on Thursday. Got the 5 gallon starter beer brewed for my Utopias-like brew done. Nerding with some homebrews and dice tonight (D&D).

Making a list of all the things that need to be done around here in anticipation of swmbo mother arriving today. I think I have enough to keep me in the shop the whole week that she's here.

Kinda funny 7:00 yesterday morning she goes to leave and can't get her car to start. 10 degrees outside and I'm out there messing with it in a t-shirt good thing it only took about 15 minutes to figure out that she didn't understand the difference between diesel and gas engines....

Well, I had planned on doing another double batch brew day today, but the old keezer is on life support and it's not looking good for making it through Thanksgiving weekend. Six mostly full kegs in the keezer, another two kegs chilled and carbed in one of the fridges, and another 30 gallons in carboys, I pretty much had to blow the whistle on making more until the next generation keezer comes to life in a week or so.

Wife sees beer freakin' everywhere and can't understand while I was kinda sad about blowing off a brew day. I tell her some guys play golf, I brew beer...

Cheers! ;)

Awoke at dawn to 21F here today. Freezin my tale off,hoping my robust porter finishes to bottle later this week. Dang car broke down when I'm broke as well. Need some kerosene to make sure it's warm enough for the beer to finish! Need that vanilla porter to go with the Whiskely stout conditioning for Christmas...:mug:

Hmmm watched a tie game between the Vikings and packers while enjoying my red ale.

I did brew...but I also took step 3 in my 12 step plan to have a brew room in the house.

The washer and dryer are now relocated so that I have a 12' x 10' area of the basement with two windows (one for exhaust and one for fresh air) which encloses both the main panel (two spaces available) and the sub panel (2 spaces available but serves the kitchen and one bath). One of two main stacks is less than a foot away and all conduit and plumbing has been made almost flush to to the floor joists above.

Adjacent space is available for a cool room but I am slowly maxing out my 100 Amp service.

The clever part is that I convinced SWBO is was all for her. The W/D are now more convenient and the corner the basement that occasionally gets damp will be a 3/4 bath...in the corner of my brew room.

I'm still banished to the garage with the 4 other guys who brew here. Gotta figure out a good balance between keeping the garage warm and not dying of carbon monoxide poisoning this winter!

Working! I work every weekend, but have mon-thurs off unless I go in and work overtime. Thats why I'm always brewing mid week.

I'm still banished to the garage with the 4 other guys who brew here. Gotta figure out a good balance between keeping the garage warm and not dying of carbon monoxide poisoning this winter!

Oh, I am too...notice I mentioned the 12 steps...only on step 3. Step 11 is telling my darling wife whatthis has all been for. Step 12 is either divorce or do the happy dance followed by brewing indoors.

18 F and windy, brewing outdoors is difficult but it only added 45 minutes to the total brew time because chilling happened so fast!.

Already brewed a chain breaker clone now Gona get a lil smashed and yell at my patriots GO PATS!!

Dressing as an "Elf on the Shelf" for our Christmas card photo.

Sittin here wishin my broken down behind had some help fixing my only broken down car. Late fees rackin up on library DVD's for a week already.

I got a stout in the fermenter so even if I wanted to brew I couldn't. Instead I got around to making my carboy/keg cleaner.

Attempting to get healthy. This illness I have had really made me its B**ch, and as a result I have missed out on brewing and smoking meat. I think I am actually healthy enough now to go to work. Next weekend though.

beaksnbeer said:
From the car plates down here I didn't think anyone stayed up there for the winter... Oh it may hit the 80's today:p

Ha. Yes it's a popular migration however I'm about 30 years away from been able to do that!
The winters here suck!

I picked up a bunch of shelving for the Homebrew supply shop that I am going to open next month. I think that is a valid excuse for not brewing. :rockin:

Freezin my extremities off trying to fix the car to take DVD's back to the library 18 miles round trip. Not to mention,get another batch goin in my new fermenter. Damn cars just have to wait till it's freezin outside to break down.

Having the whole LeMons racing team over to post mortem our dead motor and transmission...then breaking for food and homebrew. If we get lucky we will even manage to agree on a strategy for the 2014 season.

Sadly, this involves a whole Friday of housecleaning and food prep but should be so worth it.

Got inspired by another member's writing efforts to finally write the book I always wanted to. As I continued on this morning with my sci-fi tale in a modern/reality context,I'm starting to realize it's rather Orwelian. Kinda like FEMA,The New world Order & The Dream Lords rolled into one. And the best part,the only thing that saves the main character is his home brewing abilities! So he stays out of the camps by being a brewer for the more well-healed survivors of his upside down world.

Back