Wet Coast Canadian

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werner

Unsettling Evil Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, a Canadian... a west coast Canadian *watches most of the forum flee*

Back into homebrewing, used to do extract 5G plastic pail Coopers kits and gradually started trying all grain uBrew before life got in the way.

A few years later now, I'm getting back into making my own, at a much geekier level. Going to start out with some 2.5-3.5G single vessel BIAB, maybe a SMaSHing start. Plans are small 'disappearable' batches and get crazier and more creative as I learn, possibly get back to some of the medieval/ancient recipes if I can refind them (had one Gruit that used fresh clover instead of hops and ended up VERY strong, apparently you were supposed to dilute it?)

My fresh start kit presently:
5.5G Anvil brewing kettle (yeah I spent more than I probably needed to but it is so easy, ported with spigot and thermometer pre-done)
Anvil Ferment in kettle kit
nylon brew bags (cheap 100-micron heat safe food grade, for now, may go smaller depending on trub on my first few batches) and a few voile hop bags.
A small pile of 500 ml swing top bottles
Yee kit hydrometer, standard kitchen utensils and odds 'n ends.

If anyone can recommend a good Canadian online ingredient supplier let me know (if they are in B.C. even better)

Cheers! :mug:

Werner

Yep, a Canadian... a west coast Canadian *watches most of the forum flee*

Back into homebrewing, used to do extract 5G plastic pail Coopers kits and gradually started trying all grain uBrew before life got in the way.

A few years later now, I'm getting back into making my own, at a much geekier level. Going to start out with some 2.5-3.5G single vessel BIAB, maybe a SMaSHing start. Plans are small 'disappearable' batches and get crazier and more creative as I learn, possibly get back to some of the medieval/ancient recipes if I can refind them (had one Gruit that used fresh clover instead of hops and ended up VERY strong, apparently you were supposed to dilute it?)

My fresh start kit presently:
5.5G Anvil brewing kettle (yeah I spent more than I probably needed to but it is so easy, ported with spigot and thermometer pre-done)
Anvil Ferment in kettle kit
nylon brew bags (cheap 100-micron heat safe food grade, for now, may go smaller depending on trub on my first few batches) and a few voile hop bags.
A small pile of 500 ml swing top bottles
Yee kit hydrometer, standard kitchen utensils and odds 'n ends.

If anyone can recommend a good Canadian online ingredient supplier let me know (if they are in B.C. even better)

Cheers! :mug:

Werner
Whereabouts are you located?

Welcome back to the hobby. Being in Kentucky, I'm not aware of any Canadian shops, but AHA has a list of Canadian shops here. Also, I see a several recommendations for ontariobeerkegs.com. Hopefully someone else will chime in with better suggestions.

Hello
I am new to homebrew, and to the island,. I am in Victoria, and found a helpful group of Vic area brewers on FB called BrewVic.
HamiltonHops and Grains in Vic seems to be the most often recommended local shop.

cheers!

Latest posts

Back