Wanted: Barleywine and some IPAs and/or IIPAs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razorbrewer

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good barleywine as I've never had one before. I'm also looking for any of the following...

AleSmith IPA
Blind Pig IPA
Surly Furious

And a couple IIPAs...
Pliny the Elder
DFH 90 Minute

Unfortunately I live in a town where the beer selection is weak, but I do have access to the following...

Goose Island IPA
Ranger IPA (New Belgium)
Hoptimistic IPA <----- Charleville Vinyard & Microbrewy, Genevieve, MO
Samuel Smith Imperial Stout
Shipyard IPA
Chimay Blue
Sierra Nevada Torpedo
Mighty Arrow Pale Ale (NB)
And some others, just ask if you are interested. If any of these beers don't interest you, shoot me a PM and hopefully we can work something out. Thanks!

barleywines are typically released in late January, so i'd keep checking your local stores to see if they get any in in the next few weeks.

Bigfoot is coming out very soon. Do they have Sierra Nevada in your area? That's a good hoppy american barleywine. Around here they have it in major grocery stores.

Had my second Bigfoot Friday night in the bottle and my first was on draft the week before. Great hops in that one. Extremely rough on the edges though (alcohol), take it easy with that one. One of my top 5 barleywines.

Bigfoot is coming out very soon. Do they have Sierra Nevada in your area? That's a good hoppy american barleywine. Around here they have it in major grocery stores.

They also have Russian River in our local grocery stores... :drunk:
Guess us CA guys are lucky.

@JoeBronco or anyone interested...

I now have some Dogfish Head 90 in my fridge thanks to a friend so I'd love to set up a trade for Pliny the Elder (or Younger). PM me if interested.

@JoeBronco or anyone interested...

I now have some Dogfish Head 90 in my fridge thanks to a friend so I'd love to set up a trade for Pliny the Elder (or Younger). PM me if interested.

no one can get PTY anywhere but the brewery (and for only 2 glorious weeks a year) or at a local specialty bar.

I would trade for a DFH 120... the 90 minute is sold at our local safeway.

Back