Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I started about 3 years ago, quit for about 2 then just recently started again. Your right about being behind though. I still felt like I was back at square one, and just when I think I'm catching up I learn there is so much more I haven't even glimpsed yet. It still amazes me how much there is to this game.

In other gaming news: Just started Saint's Row: Gat Outta' Hell and am working my way through Borderlands 2 for the 7th time.....

LOL, same here. Loved Saint's Row 3 and 4 and picked up GOH for free on the PS4 last month. Tons of fun. I had not had any interest in Borderlands 2 until my son wanted to play co-op with me then I got sucked in. I have to stay off my Gaige since that is who I play along with my son as and cannot outlevel him, so I have been playing mainly on Axton.

Thinking of rolling a Siren as heal spec since my son is a "Yolo!" style player and loves running in and getting shot at.

LOL, same here. Loved Saint's Row 3 and 4 and picked up GOH for free on the PS4 last month. Tons of fun. I had not had any interest in Borderlands 2 until my son wanted to play co-op with me then I got sucked in. I have to stay off my Gaige since that is who I play along with my son as and cannot outlevel him, so I have been playing mainly on Axton.

Thinking of rolling a Siren as heal spec since my son is a "Yolo!" style player and loves running in and getting shot at.

I never played any of the previous Saints Row games, but it was free and I figured I'd give it a shot. Not over impressed, it's fun, but repetitive, I'm sure I'll still finish it though.

Borderlands was largely overlooked and became more of a cult classic I'd say. It's a great game, with loads of missions and tons of humor.

I might suggest keeping with Axton until you unlock the longbow throw for your turrets, you can launch those a head of you two and he can go all "LEEERRRROOOOYYY JJJEEENNNKKKIIINNNNSSSS" if he'd like with cover fire.

Does anyone here play the game EVE Online?

Not me but find the reports of the game intriguing. Like watching history of a galactic empire unfold.

SR3 was a blast, haven't picekd up SR4 yet.

Borderlands 1 & 2 were both a hoot with friends but definitely don't outlevel your son. I played with a few different friends and my brother who didn't get as much time in on it (I had way more free time those years ago). I was so far outleveled to him that he got bored not actually being able to do anything since I'd pretty much OHK anything in front of us.

Siren is my go-to class in both games :) and it def will provide many a "Thanks dad!" moments.

Borderlands 1 & 2 were both a hoot with friends but definitely don't outlevel your son. I played with a few different friends and my brother who didn't get as much time in on it (I had way more free time those years ago). I was so far outleveled to him that he got bored not actually being able to do anything since I'd pretty much OHK anything in front of us.

Siren is my go-to class in both games :) and it def will provide many a "Thanks dad!" moments.

Nice, we were playing last night (on my commando and his assassin) and I was finding it very handy to drop a turret with a shield on top of his crawling near-corpse to revive him. Often... ;)

I usually play female casters/healers in MMOs, so will give the Siren a go. Mine is only level 7-ish right now.

Any thoughts on No Man's Sky? Thinking of maybe picking it up this weekend.

i like it now that the major gliches are fixed. it was almost unplayable for me for the first 2 days. over all im liking it tho. they dont give you alot to go on, as far as game play goes. not really a big deal tho. the sound in the game is really good as well. kinda had me freaking out with surround sound last night.

Anyone else seeing MAJOR reduction in download speeds coupled with purchase issues since the recent update to Xbox One?

Detailed stats show I am getting 120mbps download speeds but actual downloads aren't moving any faster than 2.

I was at the grocery store with my wife the other day. She was at one end of the isle and I at the other. She wanted the cart to put stuff in. I slung the cart down the isle letting out a "nerf this!". The only other guy in the isle watched the cart go past and said "oh, let's break it down!". My wife caught the cart, looked at me, looked at the guy, and muttered "you guys are such nerds" then walked away. My new friend for 10 seconds and I had a smile and a high five. Best grocery shopping trip ever.

Floppy, that is too funny! D.Va is the best!

Nah, it's Reaper. Though I admit, Reaper has one of the more beatable Ultimates. But if you really do it well you can pull off the solo team kill which is amazing. Torjborn's Molten Core is insanely overpowered. I've pulled off so many 4+ kills with that.

To be honest what I like about the game is no one character is too overpowered. They've had to nerf a few characters but overall they all have strengths and weaknesses. The ones I hate the most though are the people who're good with Soldier 76. Every character I pick is susceptable to midrange attacks.

Nah, it's Reaper. Though I admit, Reaper has one of the more beatable Ultimates. But if you really do it well you can pull off the solo team kill which is amazing. Torjborn's Molten Core is insanely overpowered. I've pulled off so many 4+ kills with that.

To be honest what I like about the game is no one character is too overpowered. They've had to nerf a few characters but overall they all have strengths and weaknesses. The ones I hate the most though are the people who're good with Soldier 76. Every character I pick is susceptable to midrange attacks.

That stupid "floor is lava" achievement is nigh unachieveable.

Everybody knocks Bastion, but can be a great asset if used right and you're not up against a Genji. Reinhardt is great, but very underutilized. Everybody runs right past the shield like they're going to save the world on their own. I do like me some Reaper and Soldier 76...very well balanced characters.

If there are any old school turn bases RPG fans like myself in the room, check out the newest Final Fantasy. Played the demo over the weekend and am very exciting for it to hit shelves now.

Also, a new Borderlands was confirmed by Gearbox, so all three of us who enjoyed that game can rejoice! LOL

Also, a new Borderlands was confirmed by Gearbox, so all three of us who enjoyed that game can rejoice! LOL

I enjoyed 1, totally dove off the deep end in 2 (my son and I still play this game), hated 3 (The Pre-Sequel).

Hoping they can bring my interest back in the next one. I'd personally like to see Tiny Tina as a playable character with all of her original charm.

I enjoyed 1, totally dove off the deep end in 2 (my son and I still play this game), hated 3 (The Pre-Sequel).

Hoping they can bring my interest back in the next one. I'd personally like to see Tiny Tina as a playable character with all of her original charm.

Agreed, played 1 and 2 through multiple times, but pre-sequel was horrible. They've yet to confirm much beyond "Yes, there will be another" at this point. Fingers crossed.

Usually Civ 5 is good game to hang out with friends and have a beer, plenty of time to chat and mess around. Only problem geting it to work sometimes. Hope Civ 6 is better.

Loved the BF1 game so far, I beat all the story line missions and now I am about to try my hand online in the multiplayer rooms. My only issue is I can't setup my solider outside of a live game! It makes me feel so rushed I hate that.

Usually Civ 5 is good game to hang out with friends and have a beer, plenty of time to chat and mess around. Only problem geting it to work sometimes. Hope Civ 6 is better.

Just started Civ 6 this weekend - first impressions are good. Splitting civics off into another "tree" (like research), and expanding religion, game seems more expansive - much more than #4, last one I played. Haven't even looked at multiplayer though.

Did not play Borderlands 1, freaking LOVED playing 2 with my son, and we have not gotten into the Pre-Sequel yet but will some day. Definitely looking forward to another installment. BL2 was so much fun to play and hilarious.

Tiny Tina, she hit me right in the feels in her DLC.

Playing Osiris: New Dawn on the PC with my son now. It is very early access so filled with bugs and not much content, but should be a lot of fun when officially released next year.

Loved the BF1 game so far, I beat all the story line missions and now I am about to try my hand online in the multiplayer rooms. My only issue is I can't setup my solider outside of a live game! It makes me feel so rushed I hate that.

Awesome game I've been loving it as well even though I'm currently getting my behind handed to me in multiplayer. This is the first BF game I've really tried to play much, the others I've dabbled with (BF4 & Hardline) seemed too disjointed and chaotic for my taste but this one has really sucked me in so far. Look me up @ovhollowness on PSN if you want to team up sometime.

Oh and I think I read somewhere that you can use the companion phone app to set up your characters offline though I have not tried it yet.

I liked the original Borderlands best. It wasn't borderline impossible to find a decent gun or shield, all of the characters were fun, balanced, and likable, and the world-building and writing were at their freshest and best, especially in the General Knoxx DLC (though it's probably best if we forget the Claptrap DLC ever existed). 10/10

BL2 felt like more of the same but the gameplay was diluted a bit by too many gun options, making it harder to find a good gun (while my revolvers were horribly nerfed and folded into the craptastic pistol class) and a lot of the writing and world building felt like they were trying to recapture the magic of the first one without ever quite achieving that goal (with a few exceptions like parts of Tiny Tina's DLC and the excellent rename the Bullymongs quest). The characters were fine but I don't think they lived up to their BL1 counterparts (especially insofar as Mordecai>>>Zero). I didn't really care for Handsome Jack so that didn't help. 8, maybe 8.5/10

BL: The Pre-Sequel was bunk. All the same issues that brought BL2 down from the heights of the original Borderlands - equipment dilution, inferior writing (the unfunny name was as close as they got to a good joke) and world building, inferior playable characters, but all increased magnitudinally. Rubbish cash grab. 6/10 because it still has the fundamental DNA of its fun loot-shooter predecessors, but 0/10 as an entry in the BL series. That's what happens when you pass a marquee franchise off to your C-team and ask them to slap together a halfhearted gap-project to keep the IP in the public consciousness before you get around the the next fullscale entry in the series.

Been slowly going through BF1's campaign and enjoying the overall feel of it, but the missions are too damn short. I've got maybe 3-4 hours invested in it and am almost completely finished. The BF series were never really good with campaign content but the multiplayer aspect of it keeps it in constant rotation. Can't wait to finish the campaign so I can jump into the multiplayer.

Been slowly going through BF1's campaign and enjoying the overall feel of it, but the missions are too damn short. I've got maybe 3-4 hours invested in it and am almost completely finished. The BF series were never really good with campaign content but the multiplayer aspect of it keeps it in constant rotation. Can't wait to finish the campaign so I can jump into the multiplayer.

Hardest part of the campaigns for me is finding the field manuals and codex entries.

Yeah, I've never been one for completing levels 100% by finding every hidden item. I know their developers like to hide a lot of easter eggs and such but I'm more focused on shooting people in the face.

Yeah, I've never been one for completing levels 100% by finding every hidden item. I know their developers like to hide a lot of easter eggs and such but I'm more focused on shooting people in the face.

I like the codex challenges. The field manual bit is annoying. But, searching for the manuals has caused me to find some areas I didn't know were there.

If there are any old school turn bases RPG fans like myself in the room, check out the newest Final Fantasy. Played the demo over the weekend and am very exciting for it to hit shelves now.

If it as anywhere near as linear as the last one, I am not interested. I've gone back to playing the old overhead ones all over again because the world was so much more open and less restrictive than a lot of today's RPGs.

I am playing Civ 6, Titanfall 2, and Gears of War 4 right now if anyone is looking for a gaming buddy. The first on PC, the others on Xbox One.

I am actually going to say im pissed that all these games are coming out! "What why would you say that?" Well I have been bored and dying for a game for a year...at least. Really since the new gen consoles have come out all the games have been complete ****.

Now...but now...they want to come out with every big title within a month of each other. Update Destiny, New Mass Effect, New COD, BF1, TF2...its like really F**! What am I supposed to send my time and money on....??!!

--Rant Over--

I am actually going to say im pissed that all these games are coming out! "What why would you say that?" Well I have been bored and dying for a game for a year...at least. Really since the new gen consoles have come out all the games have been complete ****.

Now...but now...they want to come out with every big title within a month of each other. Update Destiny, New Mass Effect, New COD, BF1, TF2...its like really F**! What am I supposed to send my time and money on....??!!

--Rant Over--

Wait one more week:

https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic

Back