Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:mad:

Mother-Of-God.jpg

I'm seriously considering getting the NES mini classic although there are some drawbacks...apparently the cord for the controller (Nintendo doesn't make a wireless controller but you can get one by another manufacturer with a dongle) is pretty darn short. Kinda silly with everyone and their brother having a great big TV anymore. Also there are 30 games, and THAT IS ALL. No way to add more, that's all you get folks. But for $60 I still think it's a good deal.

I'm all in on that NES. The games it comes with are so choice. Zelda 1, 2, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Super Mario 1, 2, 3, Excitebike.....

The picture does make the cord look really short. I think I saw an extention cord for the system so maybe they are already anticipating that. Why not make the controllers wireless?

I've been playing Dishonored 2. It's decent. I like it. It stays true to the original.

I am having a hard time keeping chaos level low to neutral. It's just too easy to clear a room rather than slink around unnoticed.

The picture does make the cord look really short. I think I saw an extention cord for the system so maybe they are already anticipating that. Why not make the controllers wireless?

The included controller is not wireless, but a wireless controller can be purchased for it for around $20, probably less when these things start selling.

I am having a difficult time getting used to the multiplayer in BF1. I've played countless hours of multiplayer in BF3 and BF4, but BF1 is a whole different animal. It doesn't play the same at all... I enjoy playing the scout class and sniping in the other BF series was fairly easy and straight forward. It's so different in BF1. It seems to me like the hit radius has changed. For example, trying to shoot a running player in BF4 you would place the shot a bit in front of the player and they would basically run into the bullet. In BF1, it definitely does not work that way. You have to place the shot directly on the player. I guess it seems more realistic than in the previous versions but it's something I'm having trouble with. I feel like such a noob playing this game...

Just came across this thread. I've been a avid gamer since I could hold a controller. Currently have A Famicom, Odyssey, Coleco, Atari, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Saturn and CD, PS 1 and 2, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, xbox 360, Wii and Wii U, PS4, and xbox one. Have all the gameboys from original to 3DS as well. Currently playing Titantfall 2 on the one. Also playing xmen on gensis, pocky and rocky and E.V.O on SNES, and Phantasy Star online 2.0 on Dreamcast.

I am having a difficult time getting used to the multiplayer in BF1. I've played countless hours of multiplayer in BF3 and BF4, but BF1 is a whole different animal. It doesn't play the same at all... I enjoy playing the scout class and sniping in the other BF series was fairly easy and straight forward. It's so different in BF1. It seems to me like the hit radius has changed. For example, trying to shoot a running player in BF4 you would place the shot a bit in front of the player and they would basically run into the bullet. In BF1, it definitely does not work that way. You have to place the shot directly on the player. I guess it seems more realistic than in the previous versions but it's something I'm having trouble with. I feel like such a noob playing this game...

I have to say I agree with this. I felt like mechanically the game has really changed and has made it fairly difficult to adjust to compared to the other first person shooters in the market.

I also think there are a lot of small bugs like the medal system being glitchy, its really hard to spot enemies...some of my friends say its the price to pay for the engine being so complex but...I say they did a better job on BF3 they just rushed another game. At least Titan Fall 2 feels completed this time..if you haven't yet give that a look.

Just came across this thread. I've been a avid gamer since I could hold a controller. Currently have A Famicom, Odyssey, Coleco, Atari, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Saturn and CD, PS 1 and 2, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, xbox 360, Wii and Wii U, PS4, and xbox one. Have all the gameboys from original to 3DS as well. Currently playing Titantfall 2 on the one. Also playing xmen on gensis, pocky and rocky and E.V.O on SNES, and Phantasy Star online 2.0 on Dreamcast.

Do you live in a basement? J/k, nice collection...

If only...I barely get any time to play any more but have been trying to squeeze it in when I'm actually home.

Not surprised at the update size at all, like I stated earlier the game has some flaws that need to be fixed. Plus is probably nerf time for anything that you got use to using lol.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/29/ba...-drop-and-critical-hits-have-changed-sniping/

Also check out Average Sniper's youtube vids on the matter.

This game and MW Remastered are the two best shooters going right now hands down. The fact that you feel like a noob playing BF1, as do I, is a testament to how good it is IMHO.

I definitely like the feel of it. I just need to spend some more time playing.

Also, is it just me or does it seem like a lot more players are tea-baggers in this version than in previous versions?

I just can't get the hang of this game.

My sons LOVE it. I feel like it takes twice as long for me to respawn as the amount time I actually play.

It took me a while to find the right characters to play with but once I did the gameplay got better for me. To me its just a really fun game to play in small doses.

I do agree with you on respawns though its a pita running all the way back across the maps every time.

It took me a while to find the right characters to play with but once I did the gameplay got better for me. To me its just a really fun game to play in small doses.

I do agree with you on respawns though its a pita running all the way back across the maps every time.

I've been playing Quantum Break. Fun game so far. Confounding as there are options and it requires some quick response in some situations.

Gave up on Diablo 3 awhile back. "Donated" a mouse to one of the kids just after I got a complete Roland's set and haven't played since.

I like the Battlefield games.
Tooling around in a tank is fun until the helicopters and planes get out of hand, then it's off to "Locker". Yeah, I'm the guy you love to hate, using the shotgun and grenades to clear rooms ... until the blind, no-spotting noobs start clustering doorways losing flags to flankers. I don't know how many times I've been frustrated with the kill-whoring knuckleheads who refuse to stop running aimlessly long enough to spot something. Those who can't comprehend the basic mechanics of how a team game should be played can go play "Minecraft" or something else. Case in point, the three guys who constantly kept spawning on a cliff-top beacon, dropping on and killing knuckleheads who couldn't figure out how to solve the dilemma. Took me one or two spawns to locate them, grab a mortar, and finish their 15 minute flag-camping spree off. Seriously, some people DO need their hands held.

Love the graphics and gameplay of BF1, but refuse to mess with the archaic gear. Wrong era for me.
...and "Overwatch"... I have one boy who loves it and is good at it. It's a bit fast-paced and cartoonish for me, but I do like to watch him play Zarya or the Roadhog competitively.

I've never been able to get the "hang" of PC gaming. Too many options on buttons and I end up too busy looking for the right button on the keyboard and end up creamed. been that way since the days of Wolfenstine and I never really gave PC a chance since then aside from really basic games.

Recently bought my eldest son a badass desktop system for gaming and my younger son a respectable laptop system for gaming.

Watching them promotes/invigorates an interest in PC gaming. They are able to move so fluidly, choosing options on the quick, and often times dominating the game.

I was watching my oldest play dying light. I am not usually fond of zombie themes but watching him grew an interest. Nope. I am just not coordinated enough for PC game play. Even just the FBLR (WSAD) control is awkward for me to use and just looks clunky on screen.

Plants v Zombies Garden Warfare 2 has got me straight addicted. Can't get enough. Ive collected all the golden gnomes and snow globes, ive opened up the 50 rainbow star chests, unlocked a lot of characters, beat both campaigns for plants and zombies, and there is still more to do! There is so much content in this game!

Best part is the game is "Free" if you have the EA subscription which to me is a no brainer purchase.

Plants v Zombies Garden Warfare 2 has got me straight addicted. Can't get enough. Ive collected all the golden gnomes and snow globes, ive opened up the 50 rainbow star chests, unlocked a lot of characters, beat both campaigns for plants and zombies, and there is still more to do! There is so much content in this game!

Best part is the game is "Free" if you have the EA subscription which to me is a no brainer purchase.

I played for quite some time. It really it a unique shooter, regardless of the cartoony look. I love me some sniper Pirate class. Played until Titanfall 2 came out, been hooked on that ever since. Really loved Titanfall 1

I played for quite some time. It really it a unique shooter, regardless of the cartoony look. I love me some sniper Pirate class. Played until Titanfall 2 came out, been hooked on that ever since. Really loved Titanfall 1

Yeah, I play TF2 as well, also a solid game.

There's a campaign in TF2?

I would say if you liked Diablo 2 but hated Diablo 3 you ought to try Torchlight 2. It's not free to play but it is pretty cheap, and gets *very* cheap during sales. I paid $3 for it 4-5 years ago, although apparently it only gets down to $4 lately.

anyone still playing D2 LoD? just re downloaded it last night to restart all over on battlenet US EAST realm. I think

anyone still playing D2 LoD? just re downloaded it last night to restart all over on battlenet US EAST realm. I think

Probably my fav game of all time, but I no longer play it. If I recall it got hacked pretty bad and the in game currency got whack.

Back