[Version 2 Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've come across an interesting issue, I've installed for testing a flow meter but every time I pour a sample it restarts any youtube video that is playing on the second screen.
How can I debug this?

How can I debug this?
That is caused by includes/refresh.sh

When a pour happens RPints refreshes the browser but is not specific to its tab.
There is an refresh automatically setting to control this
1705930864001.png

So I haven't been here for awhile because Rp was working great for me it was just the basics. Recently we had some power outages due to the weather. i noticed my menu was different when I loaded Rpints. I tried to reconfigure it but it wouldn't let me. All my beers were gone. And I couldn't change anything. I figured I would install my last backup. Now Rpints is gone after install of the back up. It says page cannot be found. I've tried reinstalling but I keep getting errors. If I have to delete it all and start over oh well I just want it up and running again. Any suggestions would be awesome

Just database
i would start by checking /var/log/apache2/error.log to see if there is an obvious error after trying RPints again. It could be the restore didnt work quite right.

If not since you have a database export you could save that off the pi, and start the Pi over from scratch reinstall RPints verify its working then import your database again.

i would start by checking /var/log/apache2/error.log to see if there is an obvious error after trying RPints again. It could be the restore didnt work quite right.

If not since you have a database export you could save that off the pi, and start the Pi over from scratch reinstall RPints verify its working then import your database again.
I ran the rpints again and this is what comes up. How would i go about starting from scratch. Its been awhile and forgot a lot of this.

Attachments

• rpints.jpg
    rpints.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
rpints again and this is what comes up.
looks like there is a table missing from the database restore. my guess is that more tables are missing and causing the issue.
When you rerun the installer it should detect RPints and ask if you want to update or reinstall you can select reinstall to get a fresh RPints.

you could also start with a new Pi OS install:
If you have another SD card you can use i would format and install Pi OS on that then reinstall RPints. That leaves your current card available for data retrieval.
Otherwise you can use the current SD card and just reinstall Pi OS on it.

looks like there is a table missing from the database restore. my guess is that more tables are missing and causing the issue.
When you rerun the installer it should detect RPints and ask if you want to update or reinstall you can select reinstall to get a fresh RPints.

you could also start with a new Pi OS install:
If you have another SD card you can use i would format and install Pi OS on that then reinstall RPints. That leaves your current card available for data retrieval.
Otherwise you can use the current SD card and just reinstall Pi OS on it.
When I try to reinstall it this is what I get.
I do have another card. Am i installing buster on the new card

Attachments

• r pints2.jpg
    r pints2.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 0
Did you use a root account or do a 'sudo apt-get update'?

[edit] nvm, I can see you didn't. So do ^that^.

If you did, I'd say that SD card image is totally borked if it can't update the package repository lists.
Time to start fresh...

That is caused by includes/refresh.sh

When a pour happens RPints refreshes the browser but is not specific to its tab.
There is an refresh automatically setting to control this
View attachment 839757
Thank you for this. It was an irritation whilst watching and drinking.

In post# 8033 I was wondering if possible to have my taps arranged in groups of five per page or separate blocks of five that can be scrolled to?

It obviously works in display if I limit my beers on tap to only five. But then other beers on tap in different places can't be shown.

five per page or separate blocks of five that can be scrolled to?
There are no settings for that in RPints

im guessing you have the screen setup so the taps go left to right.
includes/beerListTableVerticle.php would need to be modified to have a loop around the logic that prints the table rows and define a start tap number and end tap number both of which get adjusted each time through the loop so
<?php for($i = 1; $i <= $numberOfBeers; $i++) {
would become
$startTap = 1;
$endTap = min($startTap + 5, $numberOfBeers);
<php while($endTap < $numberOfBeers) { ?>
<?php for($i = $startTap; $i <= $endTap; $i++) {

<php }
$startTap += 5;
} ?>

includes/beerListTableVerticle.php would need to be modified to have a loop around the logic that prints the table rows and define a start tap number and end tap number both of which get adjusted each time through the loop so
would become
$startTap = 1;

<php }
$startTap += 5;
} ?>
You are right about the taps going from left to right.

That's very elegant, I'll have a go at finding that which I'm assuming will be in includes/beerListTableVerticle.php or includes/beerListTableVertical.php

Now I just need to get some flow meters that don't make the beer or even water taste horrible. They said they were food safe , probably are but no way usable. I'm wrangling with them about this. Getting swiss flow meters to NZ is prohibitive.

I havent tried Bookworm. My guess is some dependencies changed names from Bullseye. You certainly can try it but if it doesnt work i would go back to bullseye.

Let me know if you try Bookworm
Ok I flashed a new card with bullseye, got rpints loaded how do I transfer my files or beers over to the new card

my files or beers over to the new card
if you still have the database backup you can use the mariadb cli to restore. Or if you used the RPints built in backup you can place the file in the <WWWROOTE>/sql/backups directory then use the import command from the admin->install page.

I cant remember if Pi OS can easily mount the old card to pull files from, but based on the errors my guess is that the old actual database files are corrupt and you need your backup. I had my files corrupt a few times and was able to pull the data but it was a pain because i had to load on another computer and replace the data files with the old ones
Hence I enable external connections to mariadb so i can use MySql Workbench to connect remotely and do all of my maintenance using native mysql backups.

would become
$startTap = 1;

<php }
$startTap += 5;
} ?>
I have modified the file as below

<?php for($startTap = 1;

<php }
$startTap += 5;
} ?>
$beer = null;

have i done this right?

i'm not sure if i should have deleted the <?php for( before the changes

have i done this right?
my bad try this file (change extension to php)

on line 21 there is

$tapsPerPage = 5;

change 5 to whatever you want to be.

the issue i found is that tap number rows after the 1st are normal height and not small like the top, so in beerListTableVerticale2.txt i just hide those rows completely. maybe if i get more time this weekend i will just fix the height

there may be more issues i did limited testing

Attachments

• beerListTableVerticle.txt
    30.5 KB · Views: 0
  • beerListTableVerticle2.txt
    30.6 KB · Views: 0
Just an update, inserted the verticle2 renamed and have attached a picture.
It scrolls to next page, I think it has 6 taps on the page, just adding one to see if that's true. But it looks very neat.

IMG_20240128_103500.jpg

I've now received the ds18b20 waterproof sensors and have attached it to the raspberry pi 4 gpio4, 3.3V and pull up resistor in place.
Enabled one wire using raspi-config rebooted and can see the sensor in
/sys/bus/w1/devices/28-******

But in advanced hardware in pints it's not being seen.
Tried another probe and the same outcome. Is this because I didn't select using temp during installation?
Can I add a few now? Without installing.

Just to be sure, did you expand the upper part of the Temperature Probes page and click the enables?

1706416289684.png

If they don't immediately show after that, you might try restarting the flowmonitor service, as I believe pretty much everything that gets to the Gui goes through it...

Cheers!

AHH, hadn't noticed the check box at the top. Clicking on that has done it. Now have a temp sensor on keg in the top of fridge and another on keg in bottom of fridge.
Brilliant.

Just installed Rpints after losing it a couple of years ago. The work you guys did to make install so much easier is fantastic. Thank you for that effort.

I have run into two issues: Even though I chose Yes in the command prompt for auto start, It is not auto launching and I end up having to go into chromium and type in the address. It works but I have all of those rows at the top - Raspberry pi bar, chromium folder tab and then web address bar. Did I do something wrong? Is there an easy way to fix that .
2nd was is there an "autofit" where everything scales to the size of the screen? I am finding I have to really zoom out in chromium to fit the taplist in the window. Lastly, if I decide to change the monitor to a vertical orientation vs landscape, is there a setting in rpints or do I have to do some coding?

Thanks again for all the great work!
@day_trippr @RandR+

Last edited:
Did I do something wrong? Is there an easy way to fix that
what version of Raspberry OS did you install? It is possible that the configuration requirement changed.
It sounds like you are not using full screen mode, F11 makes it full screen

2nd was is there an "autofit" where everything scales to the size of the screen?
Things are sized standardly in RPints, you can remove information you dont want to see on the home screen through the customize tap screen option in the Admin page
vertical orientation vs landscape, is there a setting in rpints or do I have to do some coding?
There is an option in RPints to have the information in vertical columns or in horizontal rows so you can fit it to your monitor. These is also in the customize tap screen as the Show Tap List Direction option

I believe the version is Bullseye as I chose the Legacy with Desktop and Software download link. I found the f11 - thanks for that. As far as the orientation I wanted to keep the horizontal row style set up but was contemplating having my monitor rotated to fit more lines. similar to the picture. Thanks again for all of the help.

Attachments

• pints-display-640x1024-3714084033.png
    pints-display-640x1024-3714084033.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
can you check if chromium is in the text file /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart

if that file doesnt exist check /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart

if you dont see chromium add this to the end of the file

@chromium --kiosk localhost

I couldn't find the first line. I already have a pi so I named this one rpints but did not see a .config directory. I did find the second and that line is there. I assume there is supposed to be a space between the chromium and -- correct?

Back