Utah drinkers, looking for Squatters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nameless

Reaction score
In particular I'm trying to get my hands on the Fifth Element saison. I don't know how available it is now, but I've heard good things about it and am still on the hunt.

And for all you folks who are just perusing through here, if you're around a good saison/farmhouse supply, let me know too.

I'm in North Carolina and am fortunate to have a huge selection of local and regional brews here. Let me know if there's anything specific or what you're interested in and I can point you in the right direction, save for a couple styles! Big Boss, Fullsteam, and Carolina Brewing Company make some good ones. I also have a saison I brewed recently that I think is awesome.....but I might be a bit biased!

I believe 5th element is available right now. I got two bottles when they first released it last year, and the one bottle I opened was delicious.

What sort of hard-to-find / unique beers do you have in your neck of the woods that could be traded? I would think it is going to be in the neighborhood of $20-$25 shipped for that one bottle, btw!

The good beer stores aren't right around the corner for me, but I make regular trips there. Off the top of my head, harder to find beers I've tried around here include...

-Terrapin's Side Project 15 Indiana Krunkles
-Fantome Dark White and Hiver (there's also a third Fantome available here, I think it's the Noel but I'm not sure)
-Heavy Seas bottles, there's a few different ones floating around, I tried and quite enjoyed Holy Sheet
-St. Feuillien Saison, I'm not sure if it's unique, but this is the first time I've come across it
-Smuttynose Farmhouse, again not sure how unique it is, but good
-Stillwater Saisons, they've got several and there are a couple available here

Locally there are a couple of good choices. Big Boss's Helle's Bell and Blanco Diablo, a well-balanced Belgian ale and a Belgian wit respectively, both good. While I haven't tried it, their Bad Penny porter is popular here. LoneRider's Shotgun Betty is a pretty good hefeweizen and Fullsteam makes a fantastic California common that I snag when I'm near by, and I'm also a fan of Carolina Brewing Company's Nut Brown. Duck Rabbit makes a great Milk Stout, similar to Left Hand's. These are mostly 12oz bottles, so if you want to mix and match that works.

Anyway, let me know if any of that sounds good or if there's anything more specific that you're looking for.

Latest posts

Back