Uses for Bell's Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarEagleBrewer

Reaction score
I'm in the process of attempting to harvest the yeast from some TH, but I don't have any brews planned to use it in immediately. I see that Bell's uses their house yeast in a lot of different styles. So far, I've stuck with S-04 and S-05, and I'm just curious what other folks have used the Bell's yeast in. Thanks!

Bells uses their house yeast for most of the beers they brew there. It seems pretty versatile. I wouldn't be afraid of using it in any of the common styles.

That said, I personally have really only used it for TH clones, maybe an Oberon clone or two.

I have a jar which I built up from bottles. Haven't used it yet, but I plan on using it in a bitter/amber type beer.

I recently used it in a stout. Come to think of it, I've used it in stouts in the past and they turned out great. I've also used it in IPAs, lawnmower beers and an Oberon clone.

I've used it in pale ales, brown ales, IPAs, and American wheats. It's a great yeast, and will give good results for in kinds of styles.

Feel free to e-mail the folks at Bell's if you have any questions. They are homebrewers through and through and are happy to help. I say that from experience.

It really does interesting things at warmer temps. I hear the distinctive Two Hearted and Oberon esters develop when fermentation temps are in the upper 60s/low 70s.

Latest posts

Back