Traveling Horse Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fins was by complete chance, seemed like it with Wes as well. Not sure if yours was planned or not. Too bad it couldn't be overnighted to Dr Phunk or led so it could make it to DLD

Fins was by complete chance, seemed like it with Wes as well. Not sure if yours was planned or not. Too bad it couldn't be overnighted to Dr Phunk or led so it could make it to DLD

I had talked about my trip quite a bit before I went so I figure Wes picked up on that. But I will come up with a canidate then :D

I thought everyone has breweries they go to regularly.

There's probably 10+ breweries within 30 minutes of my house. I go to the local breweries way more often than I go to local bars.

I thought everyone has breweries they go to regularly.

There's probably 10+ breweries within 30 minutes of my house. I go to the local breweries way more often than I go to local bars.

I have one. But they seem more interested in a restaurant given the gigantic wine cellar in the dining area.

Also the brewing equipment is hidden in the back behind the dishwashing area behind the open kitchen...

Seriously I found this on twitter. Is it one of you guys?
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398888962.395498.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

And he has landed. I regret to inform you all, this may be the era of Norm selfies. :eek: Sorry in advance.

haha I'll see what I can do this weekend. I told Fuzzy that this was the first weekend I had no plans so I intended to get my crap done around the house. So much pressure. :D

haha I'll see what I can do this weekend. I told Fuzzy that this was the first weekend I had no plans so I intended to get my crap done around the house. So much pressure. :D

Wearing it next to the neighbors no parking sign would be awesome! Get the neighbors in the picture and we'll send you beer. :D

Well, Norm(a) decided to take a ride since it was such a nice day. One of the three photos unfortunately didn't get saved. That one was the one that I took in front of a train with about a half dozen people watching. It is funny enough seeing me on a motorcycle (not because I'm female) but getting off, taking off my glasses, gloves and helmet and putting on a horse head mask pretty much drew a crowd. I clicked, shoved the mask back in the bag and rode off quick. I'm not exactly one to draw crowds like that.

However, that picture just didn't save for some reason … so here are three others.

Norma stopped on the side of the road in the shade to look at a map due to a road closure.
IMG_7181.JPG
Norma pretty appalled at the idea of getting hit with a MACK truck.
IMG_7184.JPG
Norma thinking it is possible she has entered into backwoods land.
IMG_7180.JPG

Norma will try to make rounds in the next week but taking selfles in a horse mask has proven to be incredibly embarrassing. :(

Haha I posted the helmet one to FB. Most people think I'm drunk. I don't drink and ride so nope. :D

I like the one with the helmet actually. A possible great improvement over the actual face under the mask! :D

I told Mattmmille that if he wanted a week with it then I would ship it myself to someone else. I don't want anyone to think I'm *****ing out on shipping it to someone else. I have someone in mind too I think.

Glad to hear that you don't drink and ride. AND that you normally wear a helmet. I'm not a fan of scraping people off of the road. A good friend of mine died on a bike. My father almost died on a bike. Just happy when people ride safely.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Glad to hear that you don't drink and ride. AND that you normally wear a helmet. I'm not a fan of scraping people off of the road. A good friend of mine died on a bike. My father almost died on a bike. Just happy when people ride safely.

Oh! Sorry, I guess I didn't get that. I always wear a helmet. It is the law but even if it weren't I would. I've ridden after 3 beers. I'm not a small girl and I do have a good tolerance but even after 3 I realized I am less prone to look out for others. Unfortunately, on a bike I must look out for everyone because no one is looking out for me. I did that one time about a year after I started riding and I won't do it again. At best, I've had a beer with a meal. I just can't drink a ride because I can't trust people in cars to see me. Even I've missed a biker beside me once. Great thing about NC is you cannot split traffic. You can where I spent 95% of my life and I never liked it. I doubt I'd ride if I lived in So. Cal. still. Many riders I tend to see there are ******** on the road anyway.

Ya OTHER drivers are really the problem. It seems to rarely be the bike operators fault. I do laugh when I see people wearing flip flops and **** while riding. I would love to own a bike. I used to love riding with my dad when I was younger. After being a fire fighter/ EMT for a while though, I lost interest. Im not trying to lecture anyone. I would much rather meet you all with a beer instead of me at work.

Ya OTHER drivers are really the problem. It seems to rarely be the bike operators fault. I do laugh when I see people wearing flip flops and **** while riding. I would love to own a bike. I used to love riding with my dad when I was younger. After being a fire fighter/ EMT for a while though, I lost interest. Im not trying to lecture anyone. I would much rather meet you all with a beer instead of me at work.

I know bikes are dangerous and all that. And I caught the sarcasm. Sure, bikers are at fault sometimes too but don't even begin to tell me that cars aren't at fault a bit more. I've been on the road, I know each reason I've been in a near-miss accident and it wasn't because I was being unsafe or unaware. I speak only for myself though, never for others.

I know bikes are dangerous and all that. And I caught the sarcasm. Sure, bikers are at fault sometimes too but don't even begin to tell me that cars aren't at fault a bit more. I've been on the road, I know each reason I've been in a near-miss accident and it wasn't because I was being unsafe or unaware. I speak only for myself though, never for others.

Not to speak on behalf of Medic, but I think he was actually being sincere. It's always hard to infer tone from writing. :mug:

Not to speak on behalf of Medic, but I think he was actually being sincere. It's always hard to infer tone from writing. :mug:

Fo show. I just want people to be safe. I am a younger guy. The buddy of mine that died was about to get married, a state champion wrestler, and an all around nice guy. I'm not saying a helmet would have saved him, but crap can happen to anyone. I just applaud anyone who tries to be safe with their activities. Don't even get me started on seatbelts... Ha ha ha ha. I'm just kidding. Sorry for the thread jack. Back to horse head hilarity.

Fo show. I just want people to be safe. I am a younger guy. The buddy of mine that died was about to get married, a state champion wrestler, and an all around nice guy. I'm not saying a helmet would have saved him, but crap can happen to anyone. I just applaud anyone who tries to be safe with their activities. Don't even get me started on seatbelts... Ha ha ha ha. I'm just kidding. Sorry for the thread jack. Back to horse head hilarity.

:off:
I wish my Dad though the same way. He lives in Maine where helmets are up to the rider. He rides his 72 shovelhead in 2 foot of snow without a helmet. "Dad that ain't cool." Him "If my head hits the pavement a brain bucket ain't gonna save me." :(

How do I get in on this horse head thing? I would love to take it around Nashville and My watering whole in Clarksville TN.

Back