Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Westbrook has a much more pronounced and cleaner lactic taste. I emailed them about their salt/coriander quantities and how they sour (lactobacillus, acid malt, sour mash, or lactic acid) bit they didn't give any info. Just recommended reading "brewing with wheat".

They sent me the same thing. So I bought it. Didn't really have any info that I couldn't find on here or with a google search though. I guess its nice to have it all compiled in one place though.

I am really starting to think it's the salt. Westbrook has so much more of a salty aspect to it compared to any of the other ones.

Jabien, I'm assuming you've had the Cascade Gose, how did that one compare? I feel like I saw you post about it somewhere, but I can't remember and I'm too lazy to search right now, lol

In general, I'm not a fan of Cascade anyway. There is a smell they all of their beers share that kind of ruins the beers for me. All of my buddies liked it though. Still not on the same level as the Westbrook though. They smell like the plastic bubbles toy from my childhood.
41NdfizuI%2BL.jpg

In general, I'm not a fan of Cascade anyway. There is a smell they all of their beers share that kind of ruins the beers for me. All of my buddies liked it though. Still not on the same level as the Westbrook though. They smell like the plastic bubbles toy from my childhood.
41NdfizuI%2BL.jpg

now that takes me back to flavor country memories right there....mmmm good stuff! Better than glue and playdough!

My grandma always got those things for our Easter baskets. I haven't seen them in forever, lol.

I've only had a handful of Cascade's beers, but I didn't get any of that, but everyone has different palates

Westbrook has a much more pronounced and cleaner lactic taste. I emailed them about their salt/coriander quantities and how they sour (lactobacillus, acid malt, sour mash, or lactic acid) bit they didn't give any info. Just recommended reading "brewing with wheat".

I love that people taste things differently, and that is not a joke, I really enjoy it. I personally think Westbrook is obviously the best, but I think they have more than just a lactic tartness going on. It seems much more complex than a standard berliner/gose lactic tart, especially in the aroma.

Sweet haul from InityBrew (Ben) today! He hooked it up as always. Now decisions.... To the cellar or glass? Any suggestions?

Prairie - Wine Barrel Noir
Prairie - Bible Belt
Ranger Creek - Strawberry Milk Stout Troegs - LaGrave
Jester King - Chrysalis
Tired Hands - Westy 13
Tired Hands - The Emptiness is Eternal
Spring House - Big Gruesome
Spring House - Little Gruesome
Hoppin Frog - Barrel Aged Boris
Austin Beerworks - Heavy Machinery IPA
Hops and Grain - Zoe
Real Ale - Blakkr
Southern Star - Buried Hatchet Stout
Terrapin - Hi-5 IPA

Thanks again man!

1401402560405.jpg

1401402580668.jpg

1401402597323.jpg

1401402615867.jpg

Glad it arrived safely.

I heard the jester king is better fresh(maybe one of the Texans could chime in and confirm this)

Also the tired hands stuff is good to go now too. That westy13 has been in my closet for quite a while.

The Blakkr is a little old. Canned 3/11/14, but I wanted to you the real ale version since you sent me the three Floyds a little while back.

I probably suggest drive know yet nocturne soon it's not really sour and if you want lots of fruit drink soon. Surprise to see so many Texas beers from a non Texas lol.

Wanted to send my favorites from PA and TX. The local beer selection in Austin and San Antonio was really solid. For the most part the prices were way better than here in Philly.

But anyway.. Listen to Dustin and drink that jester king this weekend.

Glad it arrived safely.

I heard the jester king is better fresh(maybe one of the Texans could chime in and confirm this)

Like DC said...or well, kinda said in a sort of drunken way. :D
It depends on what you want out of the beer. If you want more fruit, drink now. If you want it to develop some more sourness, cellar. I'd suggest drinking any of Jester King's fruited stuff fresh or within a few months.

Got two packages today, first from drphunk, this was actually my first trade, was open ended and he did amazing!!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401410150.421715.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401410164.549542.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401410177.767238.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401410188.001739.jpg

Second was from lilrokz06, he was able to meet a few on my wish list and threw in a bottle of Pliny as an extra!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401410261.999279.jpg

Wanted to send my favorites from PA and TX. The local beer selection in Austin and San Antonio was really solid. For the most part the prices were way better than here in Philly.

But anyway.. Listen to Dustin and drink that jester king this weekend.

I got it..........I think i am going to "drive know yet nocturne soon" perhaps this weekend! Thanks for the tips and thanks again Inity!

Do you get a good amount of their barrel aged goodies?

I will soon enough. We are bottling BA Dark Apparition this week I believe. I just started, so I would imagine I'll get ahold of the good stuff soon enough. I'll post it around when I can get the goods.

Yep, I was pretty excited too. Let me know if you want to set up another trade. I'm always happy to try their sours.

I would love to make another trade soon. I'm not sure what all is coming up that is sour. I'll ask around and see what I can find out though. We have been bottling a lot of different stuff lately. We have cans of firefly amber, chomolungma honey brown, mystic mama IPA, and hop ryot rye IPA. We have been doing the smaller bottles (like crooked stave) filled with dark apparition imperial stout, a 9% paw paw wheat, and brick kiln Barleywine. More to come though. Let me know if anything sounds good.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

We have cans of firefly amber, chomolungma honey brown, mystic mama IPA, and hop ryot rye IPA. We have been doing the smaller bottles (like crooked stave) filled with dark apparition imperial stout, a 9% paw paw wheat, and brick kiln Barleywine. More to come though. Let me know if anything sounds good.

Um ... all of it?! I've had all those canned beers and loved them all. Keep praying that distribution expands. :)

Um ... all of it?! I've had all those canned beers and loved them all. Keep praying that distribution expands. :)

Give me another week or two and we'll get a trade going. I've got a couple in the works and my lady would kill me if I told her I had more in the que for this week. I'll hit you up in a bit.

Sent from Cheese Doodle Land.

Got some beer mail today:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401585114.514663.jpg

Also picked these up. It was on the clearance rack for $7, so I grabbed one not expecting much based on prior timmermans beers, but it was surprisingly really sour and pretty good. So I cleaned out the rest of them.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401585181.348556.jpg

What are brew salts? Or what is their intended purpose?

Add the brew salts to beer to "enhance the flavor". My grandfather used to add salt to his beer. I haven't tried them in beer, but they are damn good on grilled shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back