Trade Homebrew Pictures!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porch bomb.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401135424.348010.jpg

Psych. Picked that up before I left LBI this morning.

Got this, though. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401135452.746930.jpg

Both lol. I put some hotd on my list a few times

Gotcha. I've seen a few "From The Wood" beers on there which is one of the reasons i picked up a bunch of Cherry Adam ftW and Adam ftW last week. That and for drinking. I think Id be too worried about damage to ship a 3L though.

They haven't said yet. I'm going to stop by tomorrow after work. Hopefully they don't move too quick.

What are people's thoughts on Off Color Troublesome?

It's good. Some people go crazy over wanting it in trades. For a gose-ish style(which its referred to as by many), I think it's lacking. No saltiness and not too much lacto-bite. Really good summer beer though, very refreshing.

It's good. Some people go crazy over wanting it in trades. For a gose-ish style(which its referred to as by many), I think it's lacking. No saltiness and not too much lacto-bite. Really good summer beer though, very refreshing.

I didn't think is was too great, but I have easy access Westbrook gose so that is what I use for comparing other gose to.

I didn't think is was too great, but I have easy access Westbrook gose so that is what I use for comparing other gose to.

I agree, compared to Westbrook, I would take Westbrook any day. Although, I have not found any other gose's that live up to them.

Right now I have 4 that I'm going to do a tasting with within the next couple weeks and make some comparison notes. Westbrook, Anderson Valley, Troublesome, and Cascade's Gose. I have high hopes for Cascade's because I love everything else that they do, but my mind might be completely brainwashed because of Westbrook.

I agree, compared to Westbrook, I would take Westbrook any day. Although, I have not found any other gose's that live up to them.

I'm right there with you, I think I've tried six now and the Westbrook is such a different (better) beer that it almost makes me think that its out of style.

I am really starting to think it's the salt. Westbrook has so much more of a salty aspect to it compared to any of the other ones.

Jabien, I'm assuming you've had the Cascade Gose, how did that one compare? I feel like I saw you post about it somewhere, but I can't remember and I'm too lazy to search right now, lol

Westbrook has a much more pronounced and cleaner lactic taste. I emailed them about their salt/coriander quantities and how they sour (lactobacillus, acid malt, sour mash, or lactic acid) bit they didn't give any info. Just recommended reading "brewing with wheat".

Back