To dry hop or not to dry hop blue moon clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Volkar

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a blue moon clone on day 5 of fermentation. It’s a 5 gallon batch and I happen to have 0.5 oz or Amarillo left in the freezer. Would this amount of dry hops be noticeable? And if so what are your opinions on using them? I also thought about throwing in some extra orange peel with the dry hop addition.

If you are brewing for you and you like Amarillo as a dry hop addition, it could be an interesting beer.

If you are brewing for someone who likes Blue Moon and hates IPAs, keep the hops in the freezer.
Thank you, I am planning on sharing this with quite a few different people that love blue moon. So yes, I may just skip the dry hop.

I always add extra orange peel (soaked in vodka for a couple of days) as a dry hop for my Blue Moon clones. It is really up to you and what you are shooting for with this beer. Go for it!
I’m glad you mentioned soaking the orange peel in vodka. I was just going to throw it in!

I’m trying to drink more “light” lower calorie and lower ABV beers these days, so I might try a version with the orange peel dry hop idea above.

Tchampagne, I like the idea of adding some additional orange flavor. How many oz do you usually add?

Latest posts

Back