This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Foodies hijacking a thread where you can vent. (Although the food does look verrrryy nice.....).

I did start a BEST DRUNKFOOD thread

you are more than welcome to include those, because they look like they would rock the world a little after a drunken night's revelry

Usage of the idiom "push the envelope".

I almost feel sorry for the corporate climbers that know all of the right buzz words, only to watch them go out of style from overuse.

Then what can they do? Either look for new ones or learn how to talk without using cliches. You really have to think outside of the box during such a paradigm shift.

Ok I am gonna throw it out there... the DIY forum subcategories really annoy me. Having to click into and out of them to search all the newest DIY threads...too much work :)

Usage of the idiom "push the envelope".

Corporate-speak in general. Terms like "synergy," "let's circle back," "all hands," "thinking outside the box," and so on. Turning nouns into verbs, like "I plan to dialogue with the client today."

And my all-time favorite: "out of pocket," as in being unavailable. No, "out of pocket" means an incidental or a non-reimbursed expense.

Corporate-speak in general. Terms like "synergy," "let's circle back," "all hands," "thinking outside the box," and so on. Turning nouns into verbs, like "I plan to dialogue with the client today."

And my all-time favorite: "out of pocket," as in being unavailable. No, "out of pocket" means an incidental or a non-reimbursed expense.

Never heard of "out of pocket" meaning unavailable, but thanks for the new pet peeve :D

I really hate when people leave empty toilet paper rolls on the holder, or worse yet, put a fresh roll on top without attaching it. Come on you lazy SOB, it takes 2 seconds to replace the roll!

I really hate when people leave empty toilet paper rolls on the holder, or worse yet, put a fresh roll on top without attaching it. Come on you lazy SOB, it takes 2 seconds to replace the roll!

Sorry I'm guilty of this. At least ill put it on the holder before company comes over though! Gotta count for something

Shoveling snow

pp-lumilinko-hs550_reference.jpg

That's a random finnish woman, no idea who she is. I'm hairy and bald, so no need to put my photo there ;-)

Honda jacket, Honda snowblower, me thinks its from an ad.

Honda jacket, Honda snowblower, me thinks its from an ad.

You're probably right. I just searched google images for "lumilinko" and she was the cutest result in the first two rows.

Think outside of the box, bothers me in particular. I've read the book and everyone I've heard say that misuses it.

Another pet peeve, although minor.....

Women who think that they need to draw on fake moles when putting on their face. WFT is with that?

A buddy of mine and I used to argue if the this cute little bartender drew on fake pubes. We knew her eyebrows are definitely fake. One could only assume....

View attachment 1452918505792.jpg

I know, right? We have a whole lot of japanese immigrants who have been here so long that they've grown tall and their hair has turned blonde. :confused:

It's the opposite of:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWWwM2wwMww[/ame]

Adult women who shave their pubic hair.

Men who like those kind of women.

If you're a full-grown man who wants to imagine that your sexual partner is pre-pubescent, then you've got psychosexual problems.

Ain't nothing wrong with trimming a wild, hairy bush to give it some style but trimming it down to the size of a dime is just a crime.

If you're a full-grown man who wants to imagine that your sexual partner is pre-pubescent, then you've got psychosexual problems.

Ain't nothing wrong with trimming a wild, hairy bush to give it some style but trimming it down to the size of a dime is just a crime.

We just don't like hair stuck in our teeth/throat. ;)
Regards, GF.

There was some funny dialog between Rob Reiner and little Lenny Dicrappio about 'the bush' in Wolf of Wall Street.

That's it. Please surrender your Man Card

Hey, I just wanna be able to see where I'm going. :D

It was midnight on the sea,
the band was playin' "Nearer My God To Thee"
Fare thee well Titanic,
fare thee well.

titanic-skeletons.jpg
This is what happens when you stumble on a post, make what you think is a funny remark, only to find out that other people did that 34 pages ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back