Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 of 2
Manager brings me into a private conference room... I'm thinking Jesus, what did I do?
I'm being assigned 50% more work, but no considerations have been made and it's not in the budget for any kind of compensatory review or bonus.
I'm taking over one persons entire job, plus continuing 50% of mine. Not even a spot bonus or consideration of a review of the possibility of an increase?

I will be updating my resume this weekend.

Anybody know of any connections in the insurance business? (Trust me, I don't love the industry, but I'm damn good at what I do)
Say Yes Sir no Sir three bags full Sir! Then give em half of what you used to do.:D

I can actually think of 3 distinct ways from hearing other people:

"BAY-gle"
"Beggle" (Probably the closest to how I say it.)
"BAG-el" (That's the Cincinnati accent.)

I had a cousin from Oklahoma who said: Bay-goh. Had me and my brothers cracking up.

my previous dog was part beagle part basset

we called him a bagle

1085.jpg

Something that's worked for me on occasion is relaying a story about an imaginary relative with a similar annoying habit and how it's hated by all, how people say mean things about them behind their back, make excuses to avoid them, etc. Sometimes they get the hint. From time to time I also reflect on whether I am that relative.

I've found the best solution to that is to learn a second and third language and spend a lot of time communicating in those languages.

I have no idea what either of you are talking about as it pertains to my post.

I agree! Learning his co-workers language would be much easier than having to put up with the accent while the guy speak to him in a non-native tongue he learned.

:p :fro: ;)

He doesn't speak a different language. He's just annoying.

IDK "submersion welding" there's sub-arc where a granular flux pours ontop ofthe weld puddle typically used to weld a butt joint in the 1G or 2G position.

Self-shielding flux-core wire (fcaw-s) is the standard electrode used for onsite welding today. Got wind...No problem. In Calif NR-232 is widely used for it's ductile properties (charpy impact). The electrical parameters for this wire are tight but when when it's dialed in the thick slag will lift off the weld bead.

Yer right about stick welding (smaw) can't make money when ya gotta stop ever 4" to 6" grab another rod knock off some slag hood down strike arc go.

Back in the day when I was a welder . . .

I have no idea what either of you are talking about as it pertains to my post.

I took your post to mean the guy was trying to be funny or cute, not that he had an accent that made it difficult to understand him. If the first case is true, my suggestion was to tell him a story about someone with behavior that closely matched his and how they were the object of hatred and ridicule. If I was wrong and you just don't like his accent I have little sympathy for your situation. It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the whole world.

It's not an accent or dialect. I've got the accent where people think I say bagel wrong. When I say I don't hear it, they start saying, "bagel, bagel, bagel, bagel, bagel, bagel.. hear the difference?". Exxpecially and libary coming out of an educated person is just shameful.

My wife is a speech pathologist. Sadly, this form of speech has an official, recognized name, that is not only excepted by the education community of today, they specifically forbid SLP's and English teachers from teaching to "correct" it. Officially known as African American Vernacular English, or AAVE.

The only place that proper English/spelling/grammar can be "enforced" scholastically is in a spelling class, working from a published word list.

My wife is a speech pathologist. Sadly, this form of speech has an official, recognized name, that is not only excepted by the education community of today, they specifically forbid SLP's and English teachers from teaching to "correct" it. Officially known as African American Vernacular English, or AAVE.

Is "Ebonics" not PC anymore?

My sister is a speech pathologist as well. Imma axe her prolly next time I see her.

So, how do you say "bagel"?

Ugh. It frustrates me, because honestly.. wtf is the big deal? Apparently I say something along the lines of begel. People that get their panties in a bunch about it always derp out and "Say baaaaaaaaaaaay... guuuuul... baygul" stfu. I guess in a city that over-pronounces long A's, my bagel A just isn't long enough.

Is "Ebonics" not PC anymore?

My sister is a speech pathologist as well. Imma axe her prolly next time I see her.

All depends on who is saying/writing it.

The education admin folks have their heads so far up their asses that they don't seem to give two sh!ts if they are screwing over the students future career aspirations.

Officially known as African American Vernacular English, or AAVE.

Wow, that is fascinating and terrifying at the same time. Then again, people are butchering the dictionary with internet slang constantly. I truly fear for the future. The world is getting dumberer fast.

OT:

I've most likely mentioned it before but this one really bothers me. People that stand in doorways and 'choke-points' at work. Do you feel you're that important that you can just stand there and shout across the office for a minute or two and make me wait? Are you completely oblivious to such blatantly ignorant acts? Get, the hell out of my way.. I'm trying to get **** done.

Used to be a guy that frequented the same café as me who said "boggle" for bagel. He had other unusual & annoying habits as well - sneezed often without covering his face or turning away, often had sleep crud in the corners of his eyes, was nosey, made inappropriate observations, etc. Staff referred to him as Mr. Boggle (not to his face) and hated to see him coming.

I've most likely mentioned it before but this one really bothers me. People that stand in doorways and 'choke-points' at work. Do you feel you're that important that you can just stand there and shout across the office for a minute or two and make me wait? Are you completely oblivious to such blatantly ignorant acts? Get, the hell out of my way.. I'm trying to get **** done.

So much this. Obviously the place to stand and chat about nothing is in the middle of the only doorway large enough for me to bring my huge cart of stuff through. And then they look at me like I'm a dick for politely asking them to step aside

So much this. Obviously the place to stand and chat about nothing is in the middle of the only doorway large enough for me to bring my huge cart of stuff through. And then they look at me like I'm a dick for politely asking them to step aside

Thank you. I thought I was the only ass who gets bothered by this. Three engineers will stand adjacent each other in a hallway blocking the entire way. You can see me coming. They'll just keep talking and maybe one of them will like.. adjust his leg forward a little as if he's attempting to offer room to get by. How I'd love to just start laying people out.

Thank you. I thought I was the only ass who gets bothered by this. Three engineers will stand adjacent each other in a hallway blocking the entire way. You can see me coming. They'll just keep talking and maybe one of them will like.. adjust his leg forward a little as if he's attempting to offer room to get by. How I'd love to just start laying people out.

Small hallway, one of the main passages from office spaces to cafeteria and service areas.....

....three people talking and walking abreast will keep walking right down the hallway into oncoming traffic and never move.

I am a bigger boy, 240lbs and well over 6ft. After MONTHS of squishing up against the wall to let them by...(I was holding out for their humanity to show up and realize they needed to move the F OUT OF THE WAY!)....now I walk that hallway with my head down, no eye contact, NY'er style. F IT! I will run them down now, they are being rude and I am done with it.

Used to be a guy that frequented the same café as me who said "boggle" for bagel. He had other unusual & annoying habits as well - sneezed often without covering his face or turning away, often had sleep crud in the corners of his eyes, was nosey, made inappropriate observations, etc. Staff referred to him as Mr. Boggle (not to his face) and hated to see him coming.

I have little sympathy for your situation. It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the whole world.

I have little sympathy for your situation. It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the whole world.

I'd spend every day tirelessly carpeting the whole world, just to shuffle around on it in footy-pajamas to zap negative-nancy's in a venting thread with my static-lightning attack. Gross people are gross and don't belong in public around food.

Don't they move if you say "Excuse me"?

Actually, when I have you get that stunned look that you just interrupted their conversation. Then everyone stands around trying to figure out if they are going to move single file or if I am going to stand aside and lean up against the wall.

Actually, when I have you get that stunned look that you just interrupted their conversation. Then everyone stands around trying to figure out if they are going to move single file or if I am going to stand aside and lean up against the wall.

Exactly. I even tried the quick nudge with the forearm as if you're trying to get by someone in a crowded bar. Now I just put a hand on their lower back and move real close to them, staring them in the eyes. You can either move out of the way, or make it more awkward. Your move.

I'd spend every day tirelessly carpeting the whole world, just to shuffle around on it in footy-pajamas to zap negative-nancy's in a venting thread with my static-lightning attack. Gross people are gross and don't belong in public around food.

Negative Nancy's

Zap Negative Nancy's what? I assume naughty bits, but there are all kinds of different fetishes floating around out there.

I have one. I just got moved to the afternoon shift last week. It sucks. I work until 11:30. This guy who is supposed to relieve us has been late every day so far but one. Its always due to traffic. I even told him that since there is always an accident or flooding or what have you that maybe he should consider leaving earlier to prevent this. Does not seem to be working. This guy is an asshat. Worst of all, he does the least and gets paid the most. I am still stuck here at work, he was scheduled to arrive at 11. He called 15 minutes after his start time claiming traffic. I wonder if he is coming in tonight. If not, I am going to hurt someone.

I've got a few things but mainly getting bumped to a different department that I used to work in to complete needed jobs in that department. Fine. I'm ok with that. But move me there and tell me the materials needed will come off the machines at 7:30pm for me to start converting then the material doesn't arrive for converting until 5:45am??? Yeah that annoys the ever loving **** out of me. I don't mind helping out when needed but don't pull me from assigned duties to cover work that isn't there. Grrrrrrr.

Here, let me take time out of my day to train you on something integral to your job.
You just sit there and instant chat with people the whole time and not pay attention to anything I am showing.

Back