Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driving to Montreal in a company vehicle that can't go over 80 kph because my other coworkers can't be bothered to report issues with the truck.

Window doesn't open because the old guys we worked with couldn't figure out that you shouldn't try to force open a frozen window.

"Oh, you didn't get that text message I sent you last night?"

No, I don't get cell service inside my house. I've told you this before.

"Oh, okay, well next time I'll just call you instead."

:drunk:

No, I don't get cell service inside my house.

Cave-homes-inside-Uchisar-castle.jpg

Your house is nice Hunter.

No, I don't get cell service inside my house. I've told you this before.

"Oh, okay, well next time I'll just call you instead."

:drunk:

Your house is nice Hunter.

The lead walls keep obama from listening in on my thoughts.

But you keep on just wearing your foil hat. Enjoy the constant chafing around your temples.

Oh, don't you worry about us..

george-in-a-tin-foil-hat.jpg

Can you two get a room. Like an old married couple. :p

I am enough of prick that I tell them "I am not authorized to work from home without prior written authorization and do not have a fax at home. I will not violate our contract terms for you or anyone."

Oooh man. Someone needs to get their ass beat. Young engineer ordered bunch of stuff, unpacked it all, threw all the empty boxes in a corner of his office. The janitor came around to empty trash bins, kid says, "aren't you gonna take the boxes?" after the janitor laughed and said you know where the cardboard bin is... the kid arguing that he doesn't... I'm seconds from giving him five across the eyes. How dare you think you're that above someone that you can't throw your own **** out? Instead he wants this guy to take care of his trash, when he is done shoveling snow and salting the entire parking lot. If the kid hasn't taken care of it by 10am break, I'm throwing it away and then we're having a chat.

Oooh man. Someone needs to get their ass beat. Young engineer ordered bunch of stuff, unpacked it all, threw all the empty boxes in a corner of his office. The janitor came around to empty trash bins, kid says, "aren't you gonna take the boxes?" after the janitor laughed and said you know where the cardboard bin is... the kid arguing that he doesn't... I'm seconds from giving him five across the eyes. How dare you think you're that above someone that you can't throw your own **** out? Instead he wants this guy to take care of his trash, when he is done shoveling snow and salting the entire parking lot. If the kid hasn't taken care of it by 10am break, I'm throwing it away and then we're having a chat.

Wow. What a ******.

Man, I'm 31 but I swear I'm the last decent generation (and that's still suspect) too many kids these days looking for handouts and thinking everything should be given to them or that they deserve "it". News flash, no one owes you crap. Its a parenting thing I do believe. He thinks because he's smarter than a lower educated individual (again that's up for debate here with this guy) that he should take care of his mess. He needs a lesson in hard knocks fast. I hope you set him straight.

Wow. What a ******.

Man, I'm 31 but I swear I'm the last decent generation (and that's still suspect) too many kids these days looking for handouts and thinking everything should be given to them or that they deserve "it". News flash, no one owes you crap. Its a parenting thing I do believe. He thinks because he's smarter than a lower educated individual (again that's up for debate here with this guy) that he should take care of his mess. He needs a lesson in hard knocks fast. I hope you set him straight.

I'd say parenting and generation in general. I'm sure there are exceptions, just haven't met any yet other than my little brothers. I am 31 or 32 (don't make me math) and this kid is 25 or so. It's his first job. Parents paid for college. Bought him a brand new car upon graduation and down payment on house for wedding gift.

It's not about education. The kid might be an engineering guru, but he can't change a tire or fix a broken window in his new home. The janitor is one of the nicest guys in the building, mid 50's, goes out of his way every day to say hi and talk to each and every one of us about or favorite sports team or something along those lines.

Anyway. That **** really gets under my skin. I have been very recently informed that people are scared of me here, because I'm quiet and never look happy (ie.. concentrating on my work). Didn't say ****, just grabbed his pile of boxes and took them out on break. As he frantically tried to grab a piece he stuttered around saying he was going to do it. Just glared at him. Piss off. Zero tolerance for that.

I'm old enough to be your dad and my generation was thought to be the one with feelings of entitlement back in the day (though "entitlement" was not used in the current context). I'm sure the same was true for my dad during the depression. We all grow older, some grow more than others.

Anyway. That **** really gets under my skin. I have been very recently informed that people are scared of me here, because I'm quiet and never look happy (ie.. concentrating on my work).

I've gotten good mileage out of the "polite but quiet" angle at work (and life in general) for staying out of most of the interpersonal bullshirt. Yeah, a couple people might think I'm a serial killer, but I'm ok with that if it means they leave me alone. :D

But yeah, this guy sounds like a complete tool...and I say that as a 31-year-old engineer myself.

I'd say parenting and generation in general. I'm sure there are exceptions, just haven't met any yet other than my little brothers. I am 31 or 32 (don't make me math) and this kid is 25 or so. It's his first job. Parents paid for college. Bought him a brand new car upon graduation and down payment on house for wedding gift.

It's not about education. The kid might be an engineering guru, but he can't change a tire or fix a broken window in his new home. The janitor is one of the nicest guys in the building, mid 50's, goes out of his way every day to say hi and talk to each and every one of us about or favorite sports team or something along those lines.

Anyway. That **** really gets under my skin. I have been very recently informed that people are scared of me here, because I'm quiet and never look happy (ie.. concentrating on my work). Didn't say ****, just grabbed his pile of boxes and took them out on break. As he frantically tried to grab a piece he stuttered around saying he was going to do it. Just glared at him. Piss off. Zero tolerance for that.

This kid needs to be kicked hard in the stones until sterile. There is no way that he can successfully raise a child that doesn't turn out exactly like him.

Also, a great indication of the atmosphere of an organization is the happiness or the janitor/facilities person. If they are nice, on a first name basis with the rest of the staff, etc., they are generally one of the biggest of the biggest resources for the organization.

Yeah, a couple people might think I'm a serial killer, but I'm ok with that if it means they leave me alone.

Quiet and polite. Absolutely. I get along with everyone and if they are equally polite, I get their drawings requests to them immediately. The few people that have told me to my face that I'm scary, just don't know me. They are in positions within the company that have no reason to interact with me. Was told last night within 10 minutes of each other, "You scare me" and "Jesus you're a ****ing statue". Ok drunkies. Good talk. Move along.

Also, a great indication of the atmosphere of an organization is the happiness or the janitor/facilities person. If they are nice, on a first name basis with the rest of the staff, etc., they are generally one of the biggest of the biggest resources for the organization.

Could not agree more. Sure it hits close to home, I've held some pretty crappy jobs cleaning up after others. It's not glorious work as it is, doing it for the unappreciative is the worst.

My youngest son is 20, his older siblings are very much the "entitled" group and want handouts. Not that I have done that for them, I am pretty much a bastidge when it comes to handouts, work for pay is my mantra. He works hard, does not need a pat on the back or a thank you, he says that the president of the company writes thank you on every check, even though it looks a lot like his signature:D...

Well most of my problems have been thoroughly covered already but:

1.) I have to listen to a co-worker the next cubicle over, who I'm pretty sure has tourettes, curse every 30 seconds for 8 hours straight. Emails, program crashes, hemorrhoid flare-up, any little thing and it's "Sonofabitch, goddammit, mother effer." I mean, I curse like a sailor, but hearing it every 30 seconds gets old within the first 2 minutes of getting to work. Not to mention listening to her "humm" to her favorite songs.

2.) A sales rep who never passed 3rd grade. Can't use proper sentence structure, punctuation, or even finish a whole sentence. A recent example:

"we are running ROP ads too - info will be off there- i dont want to repeat thinkg etc---have you seen the 1 pag for the section?"

How the hell am I supposed to work with that? Sure, I'm no English major, but that's just ridiculous.

3.) People that don't change the water bottle in the break room. You know it's empty, change the the damn thing! I swear I'm the only one that every changes it.

4.) People who don't change the toilet paper roll when empty. I don't get it, did you really just run out of toilet paper at the EXACT moment your ass became clean? Or do you just say screw it, "my ass isn't clean yet, but I'm not going to change the roll," and walk out with fudge butt?

6.) An ineffectual dept manager who avoids confrontations at all costs and has the charisma of a wet noodle. Rather then having a general meeting to discuss matters at hand, we get to come in every day with notes on our desks discussing the issues of the day/week, or any mistakes we may have made.

7.) Co-worker(s) Who apparently work the same 8 hours as me, yet they take six 10-minute smoke breaks throughout the day and a full un-paid one hour lunch break everyday. Seems like they only work 6 hours by my math. Not sure how that works?

I'll think of more, but I better get to work before the aforementioned manager gets back from lunch. Don't want a note on my desk tomorrow.

1.) I have to listen to a co-worker the next cubicle over, who I'm pretty sure has tourettes, curse every 30 seconds for 8 hours straight. Emails, program crashes, hemorrhoid flare-up, any little thing and it's "Sonofabitch, goddammit, mother effer." I mean, I curse like a sailor, but hearing it every 30 seconds gets old within the first 2 minutes of getting to work. Not to mention listening to her "humm" to her favorite songs.

Wow... I never thought someone would have this same person. Was thinking as I read this, this is the person in the office next to me we just hired, then got to the humming. You're kidding. I had to see where you were from to make sure you actually didn't work with me. This lady does the same thing man. Can't figure out the internets, constantly cursing under her breath. When all is good, some choir like church hymn humming. It's weird.

Wow... I never thought someone would have this same person. Was thinking as I read this, this is the person in the office next to me we just hired, then got to the humming. You're kidding. I had to see where you were from to make sure you actually didn't work with me. This lady does the same thing man. Can't figure out the internets, constantly cursing under her breath. When all is good, some choir like church hymn humming. It's weird.
We used to have an admin assistant here who would constantly narrate what they were doing. "File... save... open Outlook... new email... to Josh... subject... attach file... send. Now expense reports... open template... got the receipts here..." Running commentary on her workday - all day erryday!

We used to have an admin assistant here who would constantly narrate what they were doing. "File... save... open Outlook... new email... to Josh... subject... attach file... send. Now expense reports... open template... got the receipts here..." Running commentary on her workday - all day erryday!

I do that. I talk to the equipment, too.

One of the (recently) rare interviews today, to get away from some people that annoy me. Wish me luck. Same place, completely different Dept and a focus on one of my current strengths.

My god.. I just got politics raped by my least favorite person here.

Her - You see that Trump video from Jon Oliver?
Me - Yep
Her - It's crazy how [political voodoo talk]
Me - I don't do politics
Her - You vote right?
Me - I will this year
Her - Well...
[15 minutes later]
Her - So, I'll let you get back to your lunch.

My god.. I just got politics raped by my least favorite person here.

Her - You see that Trump video from Jon Oliver?
Me - Yep
Her - It's crazy how [political voodoo talk]
Me - I don't do politics
Her - You vote right?
Me - I will this year
Her - Well...
[15 minutes later]
Her - So, I'll let you get back to your lunch.

im not responsible enough to vote. srlsy

This year, it would be irresponsible NOT to vote. And, don't think that the people that voted us into our current situation are even close to being as responsible as you are.

At least try and read what your local politicians are proposing for tax's and bonds.

We have 2 tax's for one project because the people in charge dragged their feet making it happen when the first was approved and the costs climbed over budget.

New guy at my work just told a client "Oh we might be moving." Just what we need, start a rumor that the company is moving when we're trying not to move but using the other property to get the landlord to keep the rent low. Idiot.

A couple people showed up at work with sniffles so the boss's wife goes around and sprays every surface in every office with Lysol. I can't breath so I head out to the showroom. It is so thick out there, you can see the fog. No idea how she expects a customer to put up with that. I finally find fresh air out in the warehouse and it takes me 15 minutes before I'm sure I'm not going to die. When I finally get back to my office, the first thing I do is go on eBay and buy a box of stink bombs. A week later, she has no idea why someone would stink-bomb her office, but I feel better.

A couple people showed up at work with sniffles so the boss's wife goes around and sprays every surface in every office with Lysol. I can't breath so I head out to the showroom. It is so thick out there, you can see the fog. No idea how she expects a customer to put up with that. I finally find fresh air out in the warehouse and it takes me 15 minutes before I'm sure I'm not going to die. When I finally get back to my office, the first thing I do is go on eBay and buy a box of stick bombs. A week later, she has no idea why someone would stick-bomb her office, but I feel better.

haha reminds me of the last company I worked at, our cleaning guy was a bit... vigilant, I guess you could say. One day he was mopping the breakroom upstairs and it made the whole building so bad we shut down early as it was giving people headaches and you could taste it etc. We think he just used pure concentrate or something on the floors, right next to the HVAC return. It turned into such an ordeal that the Ops Mgr got involved and ordered him all new cleaning products with some type of odor certification... stuff they're required to use in schools nowadays.

The navy... not just a job, it's cleaning the *navy term for bathroom* every day and having it inspected by the XO

Best way to get him in & out as fast as possible was to use so much pine oil his eyes would sting and he'd be forced to rush through

Back