Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"its OK, I'll take the stairs."
I need to find some snarky comment to say in those situations.

"Good, it looks like you could use the exercise." You're welcome.

I hate when my boss comes to look over my shoulder at the drawing I'm working on, because he chews gum. With his mouth open. Smacking it. Snapping it. Blowing bubbles. Like a funking child. Two inches from my ear.

I work on the third floor of a building. I often will walk from the parking lot to the elevator, and I'll see a coworker arrive a little after me. The elevator is fairly slow sometimes, so in these situations, I will usually wait, holding the elevator door open for the coworker to ride up with me and save them the wait for a full elevator cycle.

About 1/3 of the time, whoever it is says "its OK, I'll take the stairs."

So I'm trying to be courteous, and you've wasted my time (since I held the elevator for you) AND you make me feel like a lazy fat ass for taking the elevator!

I need to find some snarky comment to say in those situations.

It is within you to think of courtesy and good deeds. Feel good.

I hate when my boss comes to look over my shoulder..., because he chews gum. With his mouth open. Smacking it. Snapping it. Blowing bubbles. Like a funking child. Two inches from my ear.

Wait do you work here? I can hear my boss from two doors over... I have a coworker that will tell him to leave until he's done with his gum. Kinda funny.

I am staying in a house with all the bedrooms at the back, and there is a hall-door that separates the back of the house from the front. People will be doing early morning stuff & make a lot of noise. I feel like common courtesy would get them to shut the door, but I don't expect it, so I end up shutting it myself after being woken up.

My pet peeve is, usually within 2 minutes, someone will walk to the back of the house, open the door to go through it, and then just leave it open. I will get up & shut it again, and AGAIN within 2 minutes, someone walks through it & leaves it open. I don't understand. They don't leave the door open to the house... they will shut their bedroom door... but that door? **** that door!

I have this co-worker that management just gave the better shift to but is a total **** bag employee. He literally goes to sleep on the clock everyday...as in his own snoring wakes him up. WHAT...THE...F...

Some might ask why did he get the better shift over me? Well, he has been with the company longer so he gets first pick. I said very clearly I understand that seniority is an important factor but so is performance. I was shot down.

they will shut their bedroom door... but that door? **** that door!

doors are bull$h!t man. They take all the energy out of human interaction. Its ME coming to see YOU. ME excited to see YOU. Then this damned thing is in the way. f$%# doors man

I have this co-worker that management just gave the better shift to but is a total **** bag employee. He literally goes to sleep on the clock everyday...as in his own snoring wakes him up. WHAT...THE...F...

Is it a shift he will be more visible to management? We do that when we have issues with people. After a month being under direct supervision they either quit or decide to change their habits. :mug:

Not an issues with a Co-worker, typical issues with a vendor not willing to get us the part we need on a brand new piece of equipment. For floc sake your competitor will take the part of the assembly line with out any issue and you jerks claim its the warehouse not shipping it out. I am not stupid the warehouse inventory show 12 are already back ordered! :mad:

I only call from a desk phone so I can slam it down to get the point across.

My boss' two kids work for us and have the simplest jobs in the world, but apparently can't be bothered to look from their phones or show up on time if not at all.

It wouldn't be so terrible if he would say something to them, but it's just a joke at this point. Maybe one day when they all kick their aderall dependencies they'll see/take things a little more seriously.

His brother's also a lazy ba$tard and he hardly ever comes around...

...man that's a weird situation...

When they hit OT at lunch today and aren't coming in tomorrow.

Oh wait, that's me -and none of my coworkers ever do the same, they just won't show up, 40 hours be damned.

Is it a shift he will be more visible to management? We do that when we have issues with people. After a month being under direct supervision they either quit or decide to change their habits. :mug:

Not an issues with a Co-worker, typical issues with a vendor not willing to get us the part we need on a brand new piece of equipment. For floc sake your competitor will take the part of the assembly line with out any issue and you jerks claim its the warehouse not shipping it out. I am not stupid the warehouse inventory show 12 are already back ordered! :mad:

I only call from a desk phone so I can slam it down to get the point across.

Hopefully this is the case b/c that is irritating as ****

doors are bull$h!t man. They take all the energy out of human interaction. Its ME coming to see YOU. ME excited to see YOU. Then this damned thing is in the way. f$%# doors man

I don't want to see you when I am trying to sleep. If you're coming at me that early, it better be a floccin' emergency.

WOW....been so many days this has fallen off my recent threads list. (Ya'll must be so happy at work these days.)

Anyone reach a point where you have complained about a co-worker so much you feel 1) It's like beating a dead horse, 2) Nothing new would be a surprise to anyone so not even worth it

??

And would it be a surprise in any way that the nickname is "swampmonster"?

WOW....been so many days this has fallen off my recent threads list. (Ya'll must be so happy at work these days.)

Anyone reach a point where you have complained about a co-worker so much you feel 1) It's like beating a dead horse, 2) Nothing new would be a surprise to anyone so not even worth it

??

And would it be a surprise in any way that the nickname is "swampmonster"?

Boss and coworker. I actually had to have a talk with my other coworker because we spend so much time complaining that we starting getting angry and feeding off each other. We had to make and agreement to not talk about work so much because it was making us into negative people.

wish I had coworkers, it's some of my customers I really want to slap

12642767_996490133757688_8842582997942585369_n.jpg

Yesterday, my office mate was playing some type of streaming lullaby station. Did he not realize this, or is Baa Baa Black Sheep just his jam?

About a month ago, this conversation with him happened
I was the only person in the office at the time, so I was playing music, probably pretty loudly.
He enters, and I turn down the music.

Him: Wow, I never hear you listening to music
Me: Yeah, I don't want to force everyone else to listen to my music.
Him: (Not ironically) I do it all the time.
Me: Yes, yes you do.

Yesterday, my office mate was playing some type of streaming lullaby station. Did he not realize this, or is Baa Baa Black Sheep just his jam?

About a month ago, this conversation with him happened
I was the only person in the office at the time, so I was playing music, probably pretty loudly.
He enters, and I turn down the music.

Him: Wow, I never hear you listening to music
Me: Yeah, I don't want to force everyone else to listen to my music.
Him: (Not ironically) I do it all the time.
Me: Yes, yes you do.

This just inspired me to put on my viking black metal pandora station. The office was quiet today. Too quiet. :rockin:

Anyone reach a point where you have complained about a co-worker so much you feel 1) It's like beating a dead horse,

58a.jpg

We share trucks on the plant. MFers keep putting stupid crap on the presets. Look. It's classic rock, rock, oldies and Jack. That's it. Ain't nobody wanna hear no damn country, R&B or rap. And stop putting on the Mexican stations. Only one of you speaks it. Fakers.

But what do I care? I usually end up on foot. Fine. I want the plant to buy me an industrial trike. But noooo. People are afraid if it works, we'll all be pedaling. At least get me a dirt bike. It's not safe you say? I say it's extra safe. We'll know who the bad drivers are, and they'll be too scared to ride it, and that will make plant driving safer.

My license to operate the nuclear reactor I work at expires on Tuesday. I filled out my renewal form on November 3rd and it has been sitting on my bosses desk since then. I can't legally do my job starting Tuesday, nor can I just not show up to work.

Best part: the boss blames me for not reminding him go transmit it "its your license, you should have been more proactive"

Hey a**hole it's your job to make sure people stay qualified, says so right in the job description

No such worries for me. We're each responsible for our own license from beginning to end. Except reimbursements. HR is pretty good at that, though.

we have this woman who is focused on just that: gender. there is this very judgmental guy that works in our shop. he's a holier than thou church goer that loves his neighbor. just the white church going christian neighbors that don't drink or smoke or blah blah blah. this woman smokes. he made the comment, "I suppose you teach your kids that it's ok to smoke too." her response (not to him, but the rest of us) was, "It's because I'm a woman welder." no, it's because he's very judgmental of everyone. she was gunning for the new Certified Weld Inspector position. she is not a CWI nor has she gone through any part of becoming a CWI. company hired a guy who has years of experience as a CWI, programming welding robots (just like the one we need to be utilizing), and tooling development. all of which she has no experience. she's been going around saying, "I guess you have to have a pair of BALLS to get anywhere in this company." no, instead of promoting an untrained and inexperienced person they hired someone with years of experience that can handle more than one job. and they don't have to train him or pay for schooling. more recently, the guy that runs the tube laser on day shift was complaining about the guy that runs it at night. he's always leaving work orders, clean up, and routine maintenance to the day shift guy. one of which is the chuck alignment. the day shift operator said, "It's simple math. You take the measurements and divide by two. Split the difference. My daughter can do that." her immediate response, "What's that supposed to mean? Because she's a woman?" I jumped in at this point. "How old is your daughter?"
"20."
"Does she have any formal education on running or maintaining the tube laser?"
"No."
"There you go. Someone with no formal training can figure out the simple math involved on a chuck alignment. Not gender related."
and there are always the comments of, "They don't like me because they're intimidated by a woman welder." no, they don't like you because you're a snitch that will throw anyone under the bus just to get yourself noticed.

Ive got a coworker that has both pros and cons that and he annoys me

pros: Would work everyday, all day(12+hours), saves vacation for slow time of the year, loyal, never sick, seems to like/love his family.

Cons: Uncoordinated, stubborn, arrogant, makes work harder then it has to, not very smart...

We are delivery drivers for a lumber yard.

His latest quote of his to another worker was "I make more mistakes in day then you do all day". The other worker responded, "Maybe you should stop screwing up all the time"

Having to carry material with him is dreadful. He has a limp/bobbing motion when he walks and it ends up hurting my back because of the unnecessary motion.
He always tries to make work easier for himself and let the other person suffer. Example: When carrying drywall down steps he will only take the front of the drywall and he wont lower the drywall to not hit the top of the ceiling which forces the guy in the back to bend over awkwardly.
I could go on and on with this guy

Another worker constantly lies or exaggerates stories every time you see him.
He is also has a authoritative opinion about subjects he does not know much about.

Edit* This guy also has no diplomatic skills when dealing with contractors. He just tells them he is not going to do this or that. He also needs every item in the driveway removed before he pulls in. This results in them making the next job harder for me if I have to deliver with him. They see that he is coming and get pissed off.

Used to be a guy that would call in sick and felt compelled to describe all aches and pains, the number of trips to the bathroom last night, the results of each trip, all his bodily discharges, etc. Just tell me you're sick and not coming in. It's all I need or want to know.

My license to operate the nuclear reactor I work at expires on Tuesday. I filled out my renewal form on November 3rd and it has been sitting on my bosses desk since then. I can't legally do my job starting Tuesday, nor can I just not show up to work.

Best part: the boss blames me for not reminding him go transmit it "its your license, you should have been more proactive"

Hey a**hole it's your job to make sure people stay qualified, says so right in the job description

Well my license expired today, and my boss chewed me out for "not staying on it and reminding him." His boss also chewed him out. I also am unable to do my job, so I am forced to do administrative duties until my license is renewed.

Apparently, by submitting my renewal form to my supervisor 3 months in advance and actually expecting him to do his damn job and sign it and send it on to the next level, I'm a giant f*ckup and I'm an inch away from being fired.

He signed it as the "training coordinator" too. But no, it's still not his job to make sure his staff is in compliance with their training.

Well my license expired today, and my boss chewed me out for "not staying on it and reminding him." His boss also chewed him out. I also am unable to do my job, so I am forced to do administrative duties until my license is renewed.

Apparently, by submitting my renewal form to my supervisor 3 months in advance and actually expecting him to do his damn job and sign it and send it on to the next level, I'm a giant f*ckup and I'm an inch away from being fired.

He signed it as the "training coordinator" too. But no, it's still not his job to make sure his staff is in compliance with their training.

sounds like a bosses way of saying, "Yeah, I flocced up. But I'm gonna blame you because it's easier for me."

sounds like a bosses way of saying, "Yeah, I flocced up. But I'm gonna blame you because it's easier for me."

only if they are a crappy boss. Plus he kept me out of the meeting with his boss (which I was invited too), probably so he could blame it all on me and only have 1 side of the story.

I don't have a crappy boss or annoying co-workers, I have crappy, annoying customers

customer: hey, Rob! remember those HOURS you spent setting up our codes and packages and I had to call you back dozens of times to nitpick about every little thing?
me: I remember
customer: well, I went and changed EVERYTHING and now NOTHING works! can you do it all over again?
me: ...:mad:

Today was quite fun.

In the mover's truck, there is a heirarchy, and the driver is at the top. Next rung down that ladder is his helper. This is the guy who is with that driver on 95% of the jobs we go to. In this particular scenario, I'm that #2. Whoever else is on that job may as well have been picked up outside Timmies (for you americans, this is the coffee shop) for the day's work, as far as the driver is concerned.

Today's third guy was a new hire (who has years of experience at a place called Westmount, a place I've only heard stories of, and none of them good). He shows up with an Alpha Dog mentality. I'm sure you know the type, the guy who expects everybody else to follow his lead.

This attitude started with him showing up late, and expected the designated driver to get out of the driver's seat to let him drive the 5 tonne truck. Then, when we get to the customer's house to unload, we saw an opportunity to have the truck's ramp go directly to the front door. We pulled out the ramp to hook it up to the tail (there's 2 "clips" at the top to hold the ramp in place), and we're about to hold the bottom of the ramp up and slowly back the truck up to put the ramp on the steps. Only this doofus holds the ramp from the end instead of from the side. If I had told the driver to back up, this guy would have been walking backwards with the ramp pointing right into his gut, while simultaneously going up a flight of stairs while holding the ramp at the right level. I repeatedly told the guy to hold the ramp from the side so he doesn't get killed by the ramp backing into him, but I suppose he didn't quite get it. Instead of holding the ramp from the side, he instead dropped the ramp (loud bang included) and said "**** this"....right in front of our customer. Mentally i'm thinking "there goes our tip streak, thanks *******". But the customer's right there, so I can't give him **** while still looking like a professional.

Over the next 30 minutes, he's arguing with the driver (on the job sites, the driver's word is gospel, remember) about what tasks he should be doing. Now we have to carry 7 thousand pounds of furniture and boxes up two flights of stairs, and this goof is standing in the truck folding blankets, leaving myself and the driver to carry all this up the stairs. All it took was one comment from the driver about how he's not doing any work and this guy's mouth took off. He didn't appreciate the driver "being cute" with telling him how to do his job; he's still a new hire who doesn't know that you should tilt dressers back so the drawers don't open up into a wall. Apparently this alpha dog was resentful that he was the third helper instead of being in charge and now he's taking it out on us, with the customer still in earshot.

Needless to say, we didn't get a tip today.

That dude needs to be slapped. Last time I had guys bring furniture they got tipped in cash and some homebrew.

I worked as a helper on an ice truck my freshmen summer home from college. That was one of the crappiest jobs I've worked. The driver is the boss, unless they're incompetent. I always had the backs of the good drivers. I remember nearly duking it out with a customer who was belligerent and berating the driver (who was a cute redhead chick) since he only wanted 77 bags stacked so high in his cooler, but they were only sold in bails of 6 and his height measurement required at least 120 bags.

People who intentionally escalate an issue unnecessarily. Add in gross exaggerations and flat out lies to the mix and it really pisses me off.

There is only one of me for the two buildings and the problem was dealt with in the amount of time that it would have been dealt with even without your escalation to the higher-ups that paints me and the work I do in an extremely negative light.

Latest posts

Back