Things a Homebrewer Thinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am moving into a new house with my girlfriend. She has my brewing gear in her truck because My truck is full of kegs and carboys (and some keezer stuff). She won't mess with the "Ye ol' holy box of brew gear" me thinks. She knows its blasphemy.

3 hours later......

"Babe it says its a paint mixer....I thought it was for paint."

Bucket shaking for aeration for me I suppose

Girlfriends mom says "just wash it off. It's still good"

.....or when you get into your second litre of apfelwine and say out loud, by yourself, "man, i love apfelwine"....and realize you spend a fantastic amount of time HBT

munro said:
I am moving into a new house with my girlfriend. She has my brewing gear in her truck because My truck is full of kegs and carboys (and some keezer stuff). She won't mess with the "Ye ol' holy box of brew gear" me thinks. She knows its blasphemy.

3 hours later......

"Babe it says its a paint mixer....I thought it was for paint."

Bucket shaking for aeration for me I suppose

Girlfriends mom says "just wash it off. It's still good"

And then recognizing the opportunity to up grade! It's O2 for you now my friend ;)

...When you wanna brew this weekend,but suddenly realize the better bottle has a beer oaking in it till Tuesday. :( Gotta wait on getting spring water.

"I should pack these empty bomber bottles and fly them 2,000 so I can put homebrew in them. That's reasonable." -Me, Seattle 2013

Just brewed a mail order Marzen kit. Kit included, among other things, 5# and 3# containers of LME. When OG came out 1.063 instead of 1.054, I discovered that the container labeled 5# was actually 6#. So the ABV increased by 1% and the IBU dropped about 2. Since SWMBO and I love super malty lagers, I turned to her and said, "Honey, the homebrew shop screwed up, but it's in our favor."

I imagine a mechanism that brews beer at the push of a button. Something like, I start the mill, which then runs until the bucket full of grain tips a scale and falls into mash tun. The falling bucket triggers the HLT which fills the tun with the appropriate amount of water...etc...

PoorInRain said:
I imagine a mechanism that brews beer at the push of a button. Something like, I start the mill, which then runs until the bucket full of grain tips a scale and falls into mash tun. The falling bucket triggers the HLT which fills the tun with the appropriate amount of water...etc...

There is an issue of byo that shows a guys rig that's completely automated. It's awesome

A Rube Goldberg brewery. Now that would be a beautiful thing.

Google picobrew. They just finished their kickstarter campaign (which I backed).

I live in China. Every summer, I head back to the US for a month and a half, during which I go on a camping trip with extended family, during which some 3-400 bottles of beer are consumed. I'm already considering saving the bottles so I can ship them back to China for homebrew.

Last night we lost power for 1-2 hours at 10pm (thank you God for keeping it short). As I am going to sleep it occurs to me that I have a batch fermenting in the garage (in the SOFC) and with the colder temps I had to use the heating belt to keep it warm for the yeast. I happily got up this morning to see the yeast happily going about their business.

high5apparatus said:
On the topic of drinking before the boil: "I thought I had it under control"

Yeah, my drinking caused me some issues during my brew session last night. I turned on my water to my immersion chiller with the other end of he hose just dangling onto the kitchen floor. Caused a nice little flood. Then I knocked the funnel out of my carboy and dumped another gallon of star San on the floor.

PRE66_6TART said:
Yeah, my drinking caused me some issues during my brew session last night. I turned on my water to my immersion chiller with the other end of he hose just dangling onto the kitchen floor. Caused a nice little flood. Then I knocked the funnel out of my carboy and dumped another gallon of star San on the floor.
I hate it when I can't remember if I pitched the yeast or not.

I hate it when I can't remember if I pitched the yeast or not.

I found on a batch that I hadn'y pitched half of the batch (was a 10 gallon split between 2 buckets and needed to pick up another sachet the next day) for an entire week. No visible infection and I will let you know how it turns out. Should be fine. I sanitized well.

When my neighbor first saw me outside brewing, he asks me "whatcha doin, cookin meth?" and laughs.

Me: SHUT UP!! Someone hears that and sees me, I'm getting raided anyway, just cause of you. Then you ain't getting any beer.

brewskisteve said:
When my neighbor first saw me outside brewing, he asks me "whatcha doin, cookin meth?" and laughs.

Me: SHUT UP!! Someone hears that and sees me, I'm getting raided anyway, just cause of you. Then you ain't getting any beer.

We need a PSA on this one. If I had a $1 for every time someone made the meth or still comment, I'd have a lot of $. Maybe it can be AHA's next focus, now that we can brew in all 50 states. [edit]

I think a lot about getting a 3 vessel ebrew setup from stout tanks or blichmann. If I had all those $, the money would go towards that!

We need a PSA on this one. If I had a $1 for every time someone made the meth or still comment, I'd have a lot of $. Maybe it can be AHA's next focus, now that we can brew in all 60 states.

I think a lot about getting a 3 vessel ebrew setup from stout tanks or blichmann. If I had all those $, the money would go towards that!

I had a friend say those exact words on a facebook post I made while bottling. F***ING TARDS.

we need a psa on this one. If i had a $1 for every time someone made the meth or still comment, i'd have a lot of $. Maybe it can be aha's next focus, now that we can brew in all 60 states.

I think a lot about getting a 3 vessel ebrew setup from stout tanks or blichmann. If i had all those $, the money would go towards that!

60?

I took a bite of a brownie tonight and the first thing that came into my mind was "This tastes like stout" lol

"I think I've developed a fear of empty fermenters. I wonder what that phobia would be called?"

Kenophobia is the fear of voids or empty spaces (from phobialist.com)

I used google translate to make this, Greek: αδειάζω αναβράζω αγγείο φοβία
into English: Empty Ferment Vessle Phobia.

The only problem is that I don't readily recognize those Greek letters, and how to turn them into some phobia with English letters. If you look closely at the last word in Greek, φοβία is very close to English Phobia. As for the rest... *shrugs*
The best I can come up with is adeiazanabrazaggeiophobia using http://www.ibiblio.org/koine/greek/lessons/alphabet.html and translating each greek letter, letter for letter directly...

Who wants to vote for adeiazanabrazaggeiophobia! :mug:

Oaney said:
Kenophobia is the fear of voids or empty spaces (from phobialist.com)

I used google translate to make this, Greek: αδειάζω αναβράζω αγγείο φοβία
into English: Empty Ferment Vessle Phobia.

The only problem is that I don't readily recognize those Greek letters, and how to turn them into some phobia with English letters. If you look closely at the last word in Greek, φοβία is very close to English Phobia. As for the rest... *shrugs*
The best I can come up with is adeiazanabrazaggeiophobia using http://www.ibiblio.org/koine/greek/lessons/alphabet.html and translating each greek letter, letter for letter directly...

Who wants to vote for adeiazanabrazaggeiophobia! :mug:

Sounds good to me :mug:

Is there a fear of being thirsty or of being unprepared?

Back