The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw yesterday that the show was picked up for a fifth season.

Did Tyreese get bit in his Wyatt Earp-like showdown? He was covered in zombie guts when he emerged from the woods.

Nah, he wasn't bitten....He still has some character development to go through yet.

I agree with ABG, this series is very strong on all the elements of a good drama. Action, mystery and direction. Excellent stuff so far, it may turn out to be the best at this rate.

I reckon Carol might be being set up to get killed this season.

Someone has to go from the main group; they've killed one every season. I'm leaning towards Carol though. She's been acting overly violent, even before we knew she was the one who burnt those two. What was with teaching the kids how to kill? She stuck a knife in that guy's ear right in front of his kids. To me, they're making a point to show that she's going too far with her "techniques".

PS, my avatar is a young Wyatt Earp. :D

Airborneguy said:
Someone has to go from the main group; they've killed one every season. :D

Way more than one a season. I think only 5 characters are left out of the dozen or so they started with at the beginning of season 2.

I think Rick just screwed himself. This Carol thing is going to come back to bite him in the ass. She seems much better adapted to survive in the zombie apocalypse that him. Owning a gun does not a leader make.

He woke up into this world and never had to go through the struggles and changes everyone else did. I think this left him soft and unable to cope in this new world. He should never have been a leader. Shane should have steamrolled him from the get go.

Carol hit it dead on: "You can be a farmer, Rick, but you can't be JUST a farmer."

Listening to her explanation, I think she was perfectly justified in the killings, and he had no right to banish her....besides the fact that he's not even a member of the council.

Listening to her explanation, I think she was perfectly justified in the killings, and he had no right to banish her....besides the fact that he's not even a member of the council.

Explain that to Tyrese. If she didn't leave and he found out, what would he have done to her? I think kicking her out was doing her a favor.

Explain that to Tyrese. If she didn't leave and he found out, what would he have done to her? I think kicking her out was doing her a favor.

^^^^^Was not Rick's decision to make, much less make alone.

Also Tyrese is proving to be pretty worthless. Can't stick with one job because he's a bit too delicate, and now he's cracking up on top of that. It was only his sister's approaching death that motivated him to join the medicine expedition; otherwise he'd still be back at the prison. Given a choice between Carol and Tyrese, I think Carol is the one I want in my corner. Given her explanation I think Tyrese would have been the one to which I would have given the ultimatum: i.e. deal with the need for your girlfriend to be disposed of in light of this new flu epidemic, or move on down the road.

You had 2 people suffering and dying, being eaten up from the inside out, with no way at the time to care for them. She put them out of their misery. And as she pointed out, all it took was one person dying of this flu with no one being aware of it and they lost an entire cellblock and all the supplies that went with it.

Granted, Carol should have plead her case to the council prior to taking action on her own, but her motives were in the interest of the community at large, while Rick's are entirely self-serving.

Clearly her role in the show is not over. Too much character development since early in the 1st season for her to leave with that little fanfare.

The big question for me is what he tells the others. I'll bet he tells them she didn't make it on their run. I could also see him giving tyrese closure by telling him she was the one who killed the sick people.

Both of these would make a future run in with carol very interesting.

Clearly her role in the show is not over. Too much character development since early in the 1st season for her to leave with that little fanfare.

The big question for me is what he tells the others. I'll bet he tells them she didn't make it on their run. I could also see him giving tyrese closure by telling him she was the one who killed the sick people.

Both of these would make a future run in with carol very interesting.

I agree that she will be back. That's why I think Rick screwed himself.

If he tells the truth, 99% of the others, excepting Tyrese, will more than likely understand Carol's decision and go against Rick for banishing her. I think this may lead to another expedition out of the prison in order to recover Carol which means more people put at risk or killed which will be on Rick's head.

If, however, he lies about what really happened to Carol, she will show up again eventually and he will be faced with the lie, as well as the wrath of the people who would agree with what Carol did.

Either way, he put himself in a really crappy position because of his pre-apocalypse self-righteousness.

I wonder if the writers will introduce the Saviors group (from the comics). I'm thinking Carol finds the Saviors and leads them to the prison... just a thought

We know there is at least one more nearby colony that is safe and organized enough to be able to maintain a radio broadcast ("Those who arrive...survive). Whether this will be the Saviors or not, I don't know. I do definitely think, however, that the next time we see Carol she will be with this new group; whomever they may be.

While all of the issues brought up about Rick's banishment of Carol are valid, I think we've missed what will be Rick's biggest issue when he gets back: Daryl.

When Daryl finds out Rick is going to have one pissed-off redneck on his hands. And from my perspective, Daryl has been more important to the group than anyone else.

While all of the issues brought up about Rick's banishment of Carol are valid, I think we've missed what will be Rick's biggest issue when he gets back: Daryl.

When Daryl finds out Rick is going to have one pissed-off redneck on his hands. And from my perspective, Daryl has been more important to the group than anyone else.

I don't know. I thought about this, and it just doesn't fit for me. I think the Daryl/ Carol thing was more one way. He always seemed more like he was indulging her; kind of how the high school jock might indulge the geeky nerdy girl that he's friends with while she is madly in love with him (yeah...I grew up on John Hughs films in the '80s).

Don't get me wrong...I do think Daryl is going to be pissed, but not due to any sort of love interest; rather, because Daryl had been trying to get Rick back into the council, which he refused, yet felt completely in the right to make this decision.

I'm thinking as far as hook-ups go, Daryl & Mishone seems more likely than Daryl & Carol.

I don't know. I thought about this, and it just doesn't fit for me. I think the Daryl/ Carol thing was more one way. He always seemed more like he was indulging her; kind of how the high school jock might indulge the geeky nerdy girl that he's friends with while she is madly in love with him (yeah...I grew up on John Hughs films in the '80s).

Don't get me wrong...I do think Daryl is going to be pissed, but not due to any sort of love interest; rather, because Daryl had been trying to get Rick back into the council, which he refused, yet felt completely in the right to make this decision.

I'm thinking as far as hook-ups go, Daryl & Mishone seems more likely than Daryl & Carol.

The dude with SS bolts on his bike is going to hook up with a black chick?

Xpertskir said:
There is defiantly some chemistry sparking there. And who knows about the SS runes, it's the zombie apocalypse! Maybe he found it that way lol

Daryl isn't the same man from season 1, and Mishone has proven herself to be a BADASS. That and there are very few options for a GF in the brave new world.

Wasn't there an episode last season where Merle was going on a racist rant (about Glenn, I think) and Daryl cut him off with something to the effect of "shut up man, you don't even know him."

Whatever was in his past, I think he's getting over it.

Transformation seems to be a big issue this season.I think they would do it just to show how much everybody is changing from who they were. And yes we do know Daryl is moving away from the redneck white supremist he once was, from the scene with Merle that drainbamage mentioned above.

In addition, keep in mind this is Hollywood (sort of). I think given the current racial highlighting in this country they would do it as sort of a "can't we all get along" gesture.

LLBeanJ said:
I'm pretty sure that was Merle's bike to begin with.

Yeah that was Merle's bike. We don't really have a reason to believe Daryl was a racist. Of course, even if he was, white racist men don't seem to have a problem with "hooking up" with black women.

Always painful to watch a man lose his faith...and I'm an athiest. That was a rough scene to watch with Herschel last night. Wonder if this is going to evolve into a main story, and if we may be seeing a new Herschel this season.

Adam's theory about digging a trench seems pretty sound. I don't think you'd have to drive too far before found a backhoe on a trailer. Dig a big trench and put the dirt on the prison side of the trench. That would be hard to climb and when it fills up with walkers, you burn them. There also needs to be more pointy obstacles out in the approach to snare them before they get close to the fence.

Now, I know it's only a show....Dramatic licence and all that.....But the pysics behind the zombies snapping those timber braces? That was just laughable. Come on guys! That was just crazy!

I don't know, If those braces where pine (Softwood, Georgia's full of 'em), I think it's possible. And that many hungry walkers piled up? Don't underestimate the power of hunger for human flesh:)

I don't know, If those braces where pine (Softwood, Georgia's full of 'em), I think it's possible. And that many hungry walkers piled up? Don't underestimate the power of hunger for human flesh:)

They would have squeezed themselves into uncooked fries through the fence before there was any real strain on those timbers.

Back