The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finding a cure, cause, or antidote regarding the zombies means that the show will lose purpose. I think the whole part of the story is "this is the world now and it's going to stay like that til all the zombies are gone".

That said, there are some things that really could have been differently story-wise up to this part. There were a lot of possibilities that just weren't used or under used. Just about every time something really cool COULD happen, there's a letdown. I don't feel much suspense with the show anymore, just let down.

The whole "everyone is a carrier" means that all zombies will be gone when all people are gone...unless a cure were somehow developed.

The whole "everyone is a carrier" means that all zombies will be gone when all people are gone...unless a cure were somehow developed.

Not necessarily, it just means everyone gets cremated and a spike through the head when they die...and cremated bodies take up next to no space.

Not necessarily, it just means everyone gets cremated and a spike through the head when they die...and cremated bodies take up next to no space.

Stephen King has a short story about this. It is more complicated than that ;)

Old people and sick people get tied down, loved one starts having a heart attack you have to blow his head off......

Yep. As the guy at the CDC said, "This is our extinction event".

Logic says that eventually the zombies win. People die unexpectedly all the time. A 40 year old dies of a heart attack in the middle of the night and a whole colony could be wiped out.

You could never get rid of all of the zombies and you could never put in enough precautions to ensure your safety unless you never went to sleep in the same room as another person.

No cure=No humans

Yep. As the guy at the CDC said, "This is our extinction event".

Logic says that eventually the zombies win. People die unexpectedly all the time. A 40 year old dies of a heart attack in the middle of the night and a whole colony could be wiped out.

You could never get rid of all of the zombies and you could never put in enough precautions to ensure your safety unless you never went to sleep in the same room as another person.

No cure=No humans

Exactly. Crib death, accidental falling, car accidents...any one of us any time.

Short of everyone in barricaded isolation, GAME OVER.

You're probably right. Whenever a show gets popular, it becomes about the focus groups, not the story that was planned ahead of time.

That is a huge problem with mainstream American TV shows. I want to watch a show that surprises me, not one that I feel I somehow wrote myself subliminally. :cross:

That is a huge problem with mainstream American TV shows. I want to watch a show that surprises me, not one that I feel I somehow wrote myself subliminally. :cross:

There are a couple shows I follow that appear to keep track of what people write on fb, twitter, and tumblr and then try to appease the fans. Post tagging has to make this incredibly easy.

If anyone here games and has a PS3, The Last of Us is probably the best game of the current generation. Some obvious inspiration taken from The Walking Dead, Children of Men, etc... Crazy good.

My father was playing that recently with one of my brothers. Maybe I'll check it out. I pretty much stopped playing all video games around Resident Evil-times. I still play those games regularly.

Youre a dad with small kids and a career and have time to play video games. I find that heartening. Its a part of my life Im quite frankly not willing to part with.

If anyone here games and has a PS3, The Last of Us is probably the best game of the current generation. Some obvious inspiration taken from The Walking Dead, Children of Men, etc... Crazy good.

Been itching to get this one. I've been a big fan of the Uncharted games, and TLOU looks like it far surpasses these. Plus, I love The Walking Dead type. Missed all of Seaon 3. I'm trying to catch up now so I'm ready for Oct.

Youre a dad with small kids and a career and have time to play video games. I find that heartening. Its a part of my life Im quite frankly not willing to part with.

I work midnights so there's often days where I can't sleep when my wife wants to go to bed. She also stays overnight with her family in Jersey usually once a week.

My father was playing that recently with one of my brothers. Maybe I'll check it out. I pretty much stopped playing all video games around Resident Evil-times. I still play those games regularly.

I LOVE RE4. Been playing it again lately. Once you have beaten it and get the unlimited hand cannon It becomes funny, but still fun.

Thanks MJ. Will have to pick this up.

It's feasible. My son is two. For the last year or so, I had no interest in gaming. It's coming back with a vengeance though in the last few weeks. Just picked up Fallout 3 two days ago. Thought about grabbing RE5 as well.

Just to stay on topic with the thread...

zed-word.

emjay said:

I've been wanting to pick it up. I've heard good things, aside from some nonsense about Ellen Page griping that the female character looks too much like her.

To be clear, it's the single player that makes the game so epic. The multiplayer is still really good, but if that's all that you're really interested in, my statement about it being the best game of the entire current gen would probably seem a little hyperbolic. It is as much story as it is gameplay that makes it such a hit.

Ive been wanting to get that. Looks amazing.

Edit: speaking of video games, do we have a thread started? If not we totally should.

Edit of edit: Found it the thread.

I found the Killing, while well done, to be quite boring...

I can understand that.

it's not an action-packed shoot-em-up super-spy/super-cop show, or a BS science, super-technical "can you enhance that low res satellite imagery so I can get the killer's thumbprint" forensic show, or a soft-core teeny-bopper horror-drama, or scripted rich housewife b*tchfest, or one of the 1000 boring carbon-copy worksite behind-the-scenes shows or let's follow a pack of drunken syphilitic morons on the shore/in a locked house/on a desert island for a month or attention-whores backstabbing each other for the rose-of-the-week or a talk show devoted to who's the baby daddy or who slept with whose boyfriend/girlfriend or the show where vesty pant-suited lawyers act righteously indignant over the daily details of the latest missing/dead white girl or scowling bearded rednecks pontificating upon whatever scowling bearded rednecks pontificate upon or an exploitation and humiliation marginal talent competition show or one of the cloned to death storage unit auction/pawn shop/tattoo parlor/auto repo shows or real litigants facing the sassy judge in small claims court show, and it's not show-biz moms forcing their 2-year olds into beauty pageants or dance recitals run by megalomaniacal instructors

so I can understand how some TV viewers wouldn't get into The Killing

I liked the Killing as well. I thought the last season was a bit predictable towards the last couple episodes.

I happy they brought back Hell on Wheels.

Just saw they are doing a spin off series that will be completely new and not based on the comics. Alex Kirkman, the author of the comics, its producing and I think writing.

The first "The Killing" was awesomely good. No car chases, shootouts, no bullcrap. It was a good drama. It's just a shame that American companies don't adapt other foreign shows as well as they did this one. It was actually adapted for an American audience rather that converted for an american audience. (For converted, read f#cked up)

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
The first "The Killing" was awesomely good. No car chases, shootouts, no bullcrap. It was a good drama. It's just a shame that American companies don't adapt other foreign shows as well as they did this one. It was actually adapted for an American audience rather that converted for an american audience. (For converted, read f#cked up)

That's just the elitist red coat n you talking

Homeland is good, adapted from an Israeli show. I also hear great things about The Bridge, adapted from a Swedish show.

Not really. British companies don't adapt other shows well either, but they were not the topic of conversation. :eek:

Not necessarily related to your sentiment here, but have you caught any of Copper on BBC America? My wife and I have been watching from the beginning and we really like it a lot. I actually work in the area that the show is based which obviously is pretty cool to me.

Not necessarily related to your sentiment here, but have you caught any of Copper on BBC America? My wife and I have been watching from the beginning and we really like it a lot. I actually work in the area that the show is based which obviously is pretty cool to me.

Yeah, I like it and look forward to it every week. I caught an episode toward the end of last season and went to Netflix and got caught up.

Yep!! We discussed it once before! :p

I don't know about it's accuracy, but I am enthralled with anything Five Points ever since I saw Gangs of New York, which sparked my interest.

Places like that were the world over, but I like this, from Dickens about Five points:

This is the place [Five Points], these narrow ways, diverging to the right and left, and reeking everywhere with dirt and filth. Such lives as are led here, bear the same fruits here as elsewhere. The coarse and bloated faces at the doors have counterparts at home, and all the wide world over. Debauchery has made the very houses prematurely old. See how the rotten beams are tumbling down, and how the patched and broken windows seem to scowl dimly, like eyes that have been hurt in drunken frays. Many of those pigs live here. Do they ever wonder why their masters walk upright in lieu of going on all-fours? and why they talk instead of grunting?

Back