Temperature maintenance during fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full and fair disclosure: It was a significant PITA to find the parts for wiring the STC-1000, and wire it up (and I am experienced at wielding a soldering iron). Radio Shack ain't what it used to be.

But it's now done, and seems to be working properly. The compressor delay is a bit disconcerting at first, but all seems good. I'll monitor the temperature (watching it doesn't make good spectator sport; I'll check it several times a day), but I'm pleased.

Thanks for your help!

Follow-up: It worked perfectly for the following two weeks, never being more than half a degree this way or that from 19 (my set point).

I just bottled, and then put the bottles into the freezer, gave them a half hour to stabilize (and the temperature probe to be the temperature of a bottle, not the outsider air). When I turned it on, it showed a steady 20.9. Five minutes later (the delay time for the compressor), the freezer started, and it quickly lowered the temperature to 19.

I like this; thanks!

Glad to hear that it's working well for you. Your brew life has headed in a better direction and I see many tasty brews in your future.;)

Just think, if you ever have to build another controller box, it'll be 10x easier than the first one.:mug:

Back