TeensyNet Project Interest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somewhere there's a log file that would tell you what's going on.
I'd look at the logs in /var/log to start.

eg: when I access phpMyAdmin from another system I can see all the file requests in /var/log/apache2/access.log, along with the requesting IP address, browser, etc...

Cheers!

Somewhere there's a log file that would tell you what's going on.
I'd look at the logs in /var/log to start.

eg: when I access phpMyAdmin from another system I can see all the file requests in /var/log/apache2/access.log, along with the requesting IP address, browser, etc...

Cheers!

I've been racking my brain, and I also think this is where you need to look.

Open a terminal, and run "tail -f /var/log/apache2/error.log", then try to access phpmyadmin on your browser, and see if any errors or warnings are produced.

/var/www/htdocs?

I don't have folder like that on any of my RPi systems and they're all running phpMyAdmin.
I also don't have any errors like that, probably because nobody is trying to get to that folder in the first place.

Something ain't right...

Cheers!

Yeah, get this:
File does not exist: /var/www/htdocs/phpmyadmin

OK, execute this command:

Code:
less /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

and look for the following (most likely at the end of the file):

Code:
# include phpmyadmin
Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf

followed by

Code:
sudo apachectl restart

If that's not there, it's probably the problem, since the call to phpmyadmin is not being properly re-directed.

Hmm...my version of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf doesn't have that include.

This for sure should fix the problem: create a symlink.

Code:
$ cd /var/www
$ ln -s /usr/share/phpmyadmin

Then the url should be something like localhost/phpmyadmin or ipaddress/phpmyadmin

Cheers!

Hmm...my version of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf doesn't have that include.

This for sure should fix the problem: create a symlink.

Code:
$ cd /var/www
$ ln -s /usr/share/phpmyadmin

Then the url should be something like localhost/phpmyadmin or ipaddress/phpmyadmin

Cheers!

A symlink won't work, it's a configuration file that has to be read by apache on startup. Your conf file may be in /etc/apache2/conf.d or elsewhere (each linux derivative does it just a little differently)

Don't have that include.....the bottom of file has ServerName teensynet

Don't have that include.....the bottom of file has ServerName teensynet

Use
Code:
ls -la /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf
to verify that you have the config file on your system.

If so, open /etc/apache2/apache2.conf with:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
and add the lines
Code:
# include phpmyadmin
Include /etc/phpmyadmin/apache.conf
at the bottom of the file and save it, then restart apache with
Code:
sudo apachectl restart

Then try running phpmyadmin in your browser.

Last edited:
followed the instructions but still no results.....should this:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/apache2/apache.conf

have been an emply file? there was nothing in the apache.conf file so i added the 2 lines you suggested saved it and restarted, but got not found error message

followed the instructions but still no results.....should this:
Code:
sudo nano /etc/apache2/apache.conf

have been an emply file? there was nothing in the apache.conf file so i added the 2 lines you suggested saved it and restarted, but got not found error message

sorry should have been
Code:

This thread is exactly why I love this forum. It never ceases to amaze me how smart people are out there!

This looks like an AWESOME project. Way over my head. I did orderan Arduino starter kit to try and learn some of this stuff while I'm deployed, but this is amazing.

I might have to rack my little brain when I get home to figure this out lol. Would be really cool to be able to monitor a fermentation chamber in the basement without having to wander all the way down there :)

Awesome work.

Actually this is what you gave me the first time to do:
Code:
and that is what I did and went and looked this time and made sure the code intered was correct and it is, but no change....still 404 not found....sorry for all this hassel

Actually this is what you gave me the first time to do:
Code:
and that is what I did and went and looked this time and made sure the code intered was correct and it is, but no change....still 404 not found....sorry for all this hassel

Did you restart apache?

It's really beginning to sound like something didn't install properly, I've done "hardway setups" numerous times on several different flavors of linux, and have never had this much of a problem.

Just going to do everything all over from scratch and see how it goes, will let you know the outcome and thanks for all the advice and help

Hi, Jim,
I started fresh with a Version 14 board, and everything is good hardware wise. I am having difficulty getting teensynet.ino to compile in arduino 1.6.1, apparently from the lack of the teensy_GLCD.h file in windows, even though it is present in the libraries. In Debian, I get a bunch of "/libraries/I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h: In instantiation of 'uint16_t I2CEEPROM_writeAnything(uint16_t, const T&, uint8_t) [with T = unsigned char [128]; uint16_t = short unsigned int; uint8_t = unsigned char]':
TeensyNet.ino:2245:45: required from here" and "/libraries/I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h:62:11: warning: unused variable 'sent' [-Wunused-variable]"
It then stops with an error "'updateglcd1wName' was not declared in this scope." Again teensy_GLCD.h is present in the teensynet libraries. Thanks.

reinstalled everything and the good news is it all works. don't know what was wrong but we're good to go now.

Hi, Jim,
I started fresh with a Version 14 board, and everything is good hardware wise. I am having difficulty getting teensynet.ino to compile in arduino 1.6.1, apparently from the lack of the teensy_GLCD.h file in windows, even though it is present in the libraries. In Debian, I get a bunch of "/libraries/I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h: In instantiation of 'uint16_t I2CEEPROM_writeAnything(uint16_t, const T&, uint8_t) [with T = unsigned char [128]; uint16_t = short unsigned int; uint8_t = unsigned char]':
TeensyNet.ino:2245:45: required from here" and "/libraries/I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h:62:11: warning: unused variable 'sent' [-Wunused-variable]"
It then stops with an error "'updateglcd1wName' was not declared in this scope." Again teensy_GLCD.h is present in the teensynet libraries. Thanks.

The warnings are nothing to worry about, I pretty sure the error was addressed here.

I'm working on a new release of code, but it won't be for a few weeks yet.

Thanks, I remember reading that in the thread. I will recompile and perhaps then I can start to construct the control panel.

I made changes as described, but now compiling stops saying bitswap.h not found. I can't find a suitable library to address that for teensynet.ino ver. 0.0.45 I am trying to compile. I am trying to compile using arduino 1.6.1 and teensyduino 1.21. What combination compiles this successfully? Do I need to go back to arduino 1.0.6 or bump up to 1.6.2 with teensyduino 1.22-beta? Thanks.

I made changes as described, but now compiling stops saying bitswap.h not found. I can't find a suitable library to address that for teensynet.ino ver. 0.0.45 I am trying to compile. I am trying to compile using arduino 1.6.1 and teensyduino 1.21. What combination compiles this successfully? Do I need to go back to arduino 1.0.6 or bump up to 1.6.2 with teensyduino 1.22-beta? Thanks.

Version 45 was developed with 1.0.6, bitswap.h is included in 1.61, so try using the 1.06 version. I'm using 1.61 right now with my latest changes, and will upload a new version ASAP.

I just uploaded two new files to my github.

TeensyNet.zip is Version 53 of the TeensyNet.ino. I've split the one large file into several smaller .ino files to (hopefully) allow easier reading and modification. Place these files into a TeensyNet directory in your Arduino/Teensyduino sketchbook.

TeensyNetLibraries.zip contains all of the additional libraries needed to compile the TeensNet.ino files. These directories/files should be placed into the "libraries" directory of your sketchbook.

I've tested and can verify that the code compiles and loads on all current LINUX versions of Arduino/Teensyduino IDE up to and including Arduino 1.6.3/Teensyduino 1.22beta.

To install the IDE follow the directions here.

!!! IMPORTANT !!!
Find all instances or EthernetUdp.h and replace:

Code:
#define UDP_TX_PACKET_MAX_SIZE 24

with:

Code:
#if defined(__MK20DX256__) || defined(__MK20DX128__)
#define UDP_TX_PACKET_MAX_SIZE 2048
#else
#define UDP_TX_PACKET_MAX_SIZE 24
#endif
!!! IMPORTANT !!!

It compiled correctly using Arduino 1.6.3/Teensyduino 1.22. Thank you for the updates. I found two instances of #define UDP_TX_PACKET_MAX_SIZE 24 that I changed. Unfortunately, the issue I have now is that when I scan for new chips, click on action status or pid status, the teensy, blinking madly, shuts down, and I get a blank web page. The web pages tell me there is one teensynet, and 4 chip arrays (2 sensors and two switches). I can update the names, but no temperatures are shown, just blank where the data should be. I have the teensy soldered to take advantage of the bottom pads of the board as you have described.
As a side note, in an earlier post, I could not get the WizIO to work. Looks like a 3.3v regulator rather than a variable voltage regulator does the job on these boards. I think Yuri alluded to that also. On a 5.3 board with no breakout of the extra pins, everything works except a reading of a constant 185 degrees F.

It compiled correctly using Arduino 1.6.3/Teensyduino 1.22. Thank you for the updates. I found two instances of #define UDP_TX_PACKET_MAX_SIZE 24 that I changed. Unfortunately, the issue I have now is that when I scan for new chips, click on action status or pid status, the teensy, blinking madly, shuts down, and I get a blank web page. The web pages tell me there is one teensynet, and 4 chip arrays (2 sensors and two switches). I can update the names, but no temperatures are shown, just blank where the data should be. I have the teensy soldered to take advantage of the bottom pads of the board as you have described.
As a side note, in an earlier post, I could not get the WizIO to work. Looks like a 3.3v regulator rather than a variable voltage regulator does the job on these boards. I think Yuri alluded to that also. On a 5.3 board with no breakout of the extra pins, everything works except a reading of a constant 185 degrees F.

I won't be able to look at this until Friday (4/9/2015) at the earliest.

I incorrectly stated a problem with a teensynet 5.3 board, I have Teensynet 5.2 boards with two 24LC512 chips, as well as version 14s. I use them with the older action and LCD boards with both 3.3 volt lines and 5 volt lines fed into the 5 volt blocks. Maybe that will help to clarify the issues. I posted a picture of the setup earlier in this thread (Post 96), if that helps.
Secondly, I might as well ask the question of how to initialize 20x4 RGB LCDs. I get dark blocks in the 1 and 3 row position and a faint red backlight. Might it be a timing issue? Thanks so much.

I incorrectly stated a problem with a teensynet 5.3 board, I have Teensynet 5.2 boards with two 24LC512 chips, as well as version 14s. I use them with the older action and LCD boards with both 3.3 volt lines and 5 volt lines fed into the 5 volt blocks. Maybe that will help to clarify the issues. I posted a picture of the setup earlier in this thread (Post 96), if that helps.
Secondly, I might as well ask the question of how to initialize 20x4 RGB LCDs. I get dark blocks in the 1 and 3 row position and a faint red backlight. Might it be a timing issue? Thanks so much.

I set up a V14 board with two switches and two temp probes.

I applied power, and searched for a new TeensyNet. TeensyNet15 showed up, so I switched to the Sensor page:
TeensyNet15-Startup.png

I went to the "Update 1-Wire Chip Names", updated the chips and switches, and returned to the Sensor Page:
TeensyNet15-Sensor.png

I then went to the action page, and set up an action:
TeensyNet15-Action.png

If you are loading a new version of TeensyNet.ino software, you'll probably need to clear the i2ceeprom, since some of the structures and values stored in the i2ceeprom may change. Here's a program that you can use to clear the i2ceeprom:
PHP:
/*
 * I2CEEPROM Clear
 * Sets all of the bytes of the I2CEEPROM to 0xFF.
 * Version 0.04 04/09/2015
 * by Jim Mayhugh
*/

#include <i2c_t3.h>
#include <I2CEEPROMAnything.h>

uint8_t device = 0x50;
const uint32_t sizeOfArray = 0xFF80;
const uint16_t startAddress = 0x0000;
const uint8_t pageSize = 128;
uint8_t page[pageSize], sent;
uint32_t x, y;
uint8_t serialDebug = 0x01;

// Test Point Stuff
const uint8_t LED1 = 3;
const uint8_t LED2 = 4;
const uint8_t LED3 = 5;
const uint8_t LED4 = 6;
const uint8_t LED5 = 7;
const uint8_t boardVersion = 14; // board versions below 18 use reverse logic for LEDs and test points
const uint8_t ledON  = 0x00;
const uint8_t ledOFF = 0xFF;
// end of Test Point Stuff

void setLED(uint8_t led, uint8_t state)
{
  if(boardVersion >= 18)
  {
    if(state == ledON)
    {
      digitalWrite(led, HIGH);
    }else{
      digitalWrite(led, LOW);
    }
  }else{
    if(state == ledON)
    {
      digitalWrite(led, LOW);
    }else{
      digitalWrite(led, HIGH);
    }
  }
}

void setup()
{

for(x = LED1; x <= LED5; x++)
  {
    pinMode(x,OUTPUT);       // test LEDs on TeensyNet > V12.0
    setLED(x, ledOFF);   // turn them all off
  }

Wire.begin(I2C_MASTER, NULL, I2C_PINS_18_19, I2C_PULLUP_EXT, I2C_RATE_400);
  if(serialDebug != 0x00)
  {
    Serial.begin(115200);
    delay(3000);
    Serial.println(F("Starting"));
    for(y = 0; y < pageSize; y++) page[y] = 0xff;
    Serial.println(F("Page initialized"));

for(x = 0; x < sizeOfArray; x += pageSize)
    {
      setLED(LED2, ledON);   // turn on
      Serial.print(F("Writing to address 0x"));
      Serial.print(x, HEX);
      sent = I2CEEPROM_writeAnything(x, page, device);
      Serial.print(F(", "));
      Serial.print(sent);
      Serial.println(F(" bytes written."));
      setLED(LED2, ledOFF);   // turn off
    }

for(x = 0; x < sizeOfArray; x += pageSize)
    {
      setLED(LED3, ledON);   // turn on
      for(y = 0; y < pageSize; y++) page[y] = 0x00;
      Serial.print(F("Reading address 0x"));
      Serial.print(x, HEX);
      sent = I2CEEPROM_readAnything(x, page, device);
      Serial.print(F(", "));
      Serial.print(sent);
      Serial.println(F(" bytes read."));
      Serial.print(F("Address 0x"));
      Serial.print(x, HEX);
      Serial.println(F(" = "));
      for(y = 0; y < pageSize; y++)
      {
        Serial.print(page[y], HEX);
        if( (y > 0) && ((y & 0x0F) == 0x0F))
        {
          Serial.println();
        }else{
          Serial.print(F(" "));
        }
      }
      Serial.println();
      setLED(LED3, ledOFF);   // turn off
     }
  }else{
    for(y = 0; y < pageSize; y++) page[y] = 0xff;
    for(x = 0; x < sizeOfArray; x += pageSize) I2CEEPROM_writeAnything(x, page, device);
  }
}

void loop()
{
  setLED(LED1, ledON);   // turn on
  delay(1000);
  setLED(LED1, ledOFF);   // turn off
  delay(1000);
}

Clear the i2ceeprom, and then load the TeensyNet.ino.

As to the RGBLCD, set the i2c address to 0x27, place it on SCL1 and SDA1, and when the teensynet software starts, adjust the 10k pot on the LCD board to see if any messages appear.

Let me know how it goes.

I cut and pasted the program above and could not compile. Here is the copied error mesage:
Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows XP), TD: 1.22, Board: "Teensy 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz optimized (overclock), US English"

sketch_apr10a.ino:91:22: warning: missing terminating " character [enabled by default]
sketch_apr10a:122: error: unterminated argument list invoking macro "F"
In file included from sketch_apr10a.ino:10:0:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h: In function 'uint16_t I2CEEPROM_readAnything(uint16_t, T&, uint8_t)':
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h:117:38: error: call of overloaded 'requestFrom(uint8_t&, uint32_t&)' is ambiguous
Wire.requestFrom(device, readNext);
^
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Arduino\libraries\I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h:117:38: note: candidates are:
In file included from sketch_apr10a.ino:9:0:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\arduino-1.6.3-windows\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\i2c_t3/i2c_t3.h:522:19: note: size_t i2c_t3::requestFrom(uint8_t, size_t)
inline size_t requestFrom(uint8_t addr, size_t len)
^
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\arduino-1.6.3-windows\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\i2c_t3/i2c_t3.h:524:19: note: size_t i2c_t3::requestFrom(int, int)
inline size_t requestFrom(int addr, int len)
^
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Downloads\arduino-1.6.3-windows\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\i2c_t3/i2c_t3.h:526:20: note: uint8_t i2c_t3::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t)
inline uint8_t requestFrom(uint8_t addr, uint8_t len)
^
sketch_apr10a.ino: In function 'void setup()':
sketch_apr10a.ino:60:76: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 2 of 'void i2c_t3::begin(i2c_mode, uint8_t, i2c_pins, i2c_pullup, i2c_rate)' [-Wconversion-null]
sketch_apr10a:91: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
sketch_apr10a:91: error: expected ';' at end of input
sketch_apr10a:91: error: expected '}' at end of input
expected '}' at end of input

I switched out 4 different eeproms hoping to have one work, (they didn't) but the interesting thing is there were 3 teensynets seen - "Garage", "Teensynet14" (both offline) and my teensynet board named "teensynet 128" which corresponds to the last three numbers of the teensynet board ip address. Thanks again for the help.

sketch_apr10a:91: error: 'F' was not declared in this scope
sketch_apr10a:91: error: expected ';' at end of input
expected '}' at end of input

At line 91, change
Code:
Serial.print(F("Address);
to
PHP:
Serial.print(F("Address Ox"));

Again I could not compile after the change:

clear_12ceeprom.ino: In function 'void setup()':
clear_12ceeprom.ino:60:76: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 2 of 'void i2c_t3::begin(i2c_mode, uint8_t, i2c_pins, i2c_pullup, i2c_rate)' [-Wconversion-null]
Error compiling.

Also,I tried to use a clear eeprom program from the arduino site. The Led that was blinking in unison with the teensy then changed from LED 3 to LED 2. But did not clear the I2CEEPROM. I am also unclear what jumpersetting is needed for 0x27. Thanks, almost there!

Again I could not compile after the change:

clear_12ceeprom.ino: In function 'void setup()':
clear_12ceeprom.ino:60:76: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 2 of 'void i2c_t3::begin(i2c_mode, uint8_t, i2c_pins, i2c_pullup, i2c_rate)' [-Wconversion-null]
Error compiling.

Also,I tried to use a clear eeprom program from the arduino site. The Led that was blinking in unison with the teensy then changed from LED 3 to LED 2. But did not clear the I2CEEPROM. I am also unclear what jumpersetting is needed for 0x27. Thanks, almost there!

There's a problem with the [code] tags not displaying the code properly. I've changed the tag to [php], which appears to have corrected the problem. Try downloading the code and compiling again. Or download the code from here

The arduino eeprom code is for the arduino's internal eeprom, not the external i2c chip.

I still could not clear the I2CEEPROM in Widows, so I deleted all Arduino/teensyduino programs,libraries,etc. in a linux box and started with fresh downloads and library insertions. I get the same results as in Windows below:
Arduino: 1.6.3 (Linux), TD: 1.22, Board: "Teensy 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz optimized (overclock), US English"

In file included from T3_i2ceeprom_clear.ino:10:0:
/home/bob/Arduino/libraries/I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h: In function 'uint16_t I2CEEPROM_readAnything(uint16_t, T&, uint8_t)':
/home/bob/Arduino/libraries/I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h:117:38: error: call of overloaded 'requestFrom(uint8_t&, uint32_t&)' is ambiguous
^
/home/bob/Arduino/libraries/I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h:117:38: note: candidates are:
In file included from T3_i2ceeprom_clear.ino:9:0:
/home/bob/arduino-1.6.3/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/i2c_t3/i2c_t3.h:522:19: note: size_t i2c_t3::requestFrom(uint8_t, size_t)
^
/home/bob/arduino-1.6.3/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/i2c_t3/i2c_t3.h:524:19: note: size_t i2c_t3::requestFrom(int, int)
^
/home/bob/arduino-1.6.3/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/i2c_t3/i2c_t3.h:526:20: note: uint8_t i2c_t3::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t)
^
T3_i2ceeprom_clear.ino: In function 'void setup()':
T3_i2ceeprom_clear.ino:60:76: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 2 of 'void i2c_t3::begin(i2c_mode, uint8_t, i2c_pins, i2c_pullup, i2c_rate)' [-Wconversion-null]
Error compiling.

Some further help is again appreciated. Please inform me as to the jumper setting for 0x27 on the Version 14 board. There is an explanation on the teensypi thread but I am unable to follow the logic of jumper order as stated out to 0x27. I have been following your work and building since the teensypi project,and would like to see this to completion in a control panel, then describe the build to others, touting your work. Thanks.

I still could not clear the I2CEEPROM in Widows, so I deleted all Arduino/teensyduino programs,libraries,etc. in a linux box and started with fresh downloads and library insertions. I get the same results as in Windows below:
Arduino: 1.6.3 (Linux), TD: 1.22, Board: "Teensy 3.1, Serial, 96 MHz optimized (overclock), US English"

In file included from T3_i2ceeprom_clear.ino:10:0:
/home/bob/Arduino/libraries/I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h: In function 'uint16_t I2CEEPROM_readAnything(uint16_t, T&, uint8_t)':
/home/bob/Arduino/libraries/I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h:117:38: error: call of overloaded 'requestFrom(uint8_t&, uint32_t&)' is ambiguous
^
/home/bob/Arduino/libraries/I2CEEPROMAnything/I2CEEPROMAnything.h:117:38: note: candidates are:
In file included from T3_i2ceeprom_clear.ino:9:0:
/home/bob/arduino-1.6.3/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/i2c_t3/i2c_t3.h:522:19: note: size_t i2c_t3::requestFrom(uint8_t, size_t)
^
/home/bob/arduino-1.6.3/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/i2c_t3/i2c_t3.h:524:19: note: size_t i2c_t3::requestFrom(int, int)
^
/home/bob/arduino-1.6.3/hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/i2c_t3/i2c_t3.h:526:20: note: uint8_t i2c_t3::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t)
^
T3_i2ceeprom_clear.ino: In function 'void setup()':
T3_i2ceeprom_clear.ino:60:76: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 2 of 'void i2c_t3::begin(i2c_mode, uint8_t, i2c_pins, i2c_pullup, i2c_rate)' [-Wconversion-null]
Error compiling.

Some further help is again appreciated. Please inform me as to the jumper setting for 0x27 on the Version 14 board. There is an explanation on the teensypi thread but I am unable to follow the logic of jumper order as stated out to 0x27. I have been following your work and building since the teensypi project,and would like to see this to completion in a control panel, then describe the build to others, touting your work. Thanks.

What version of I2CEEPROMAnything.h are you using?

I had to update the file when I started using i2c_t3.h instead of Wire.h.
A new version of I2CEEPROMAnything.h is available at my github site.

Address 0x27 is when there are no jumpers on the LCD board. Here's a table
showing the addresses available and the jumper configurations. OFF means no jumper, effectively pulling the address pin HIGH, while ON is jumpered, pulling the address pin LOW:

Address A0 A1 A2
0x20..................ON....ON....ON
0x21..................OFF...ON....ON
0x22..................ON....OFF...ON
0x23..................OFF...OFF...ON
0x24..................ON....ON....OFF
0x25..................OFF...ON....OFF
0x26..................ON....OFF...OFF
0x27..................OFF...OFF...OFF

With your updates with the Teensynet sketchbook, I am able to compile and run both T3_i2ceeprom_clear.ino and Teensynet.ino 0.0.55. After running T3_i2ceeprom_clear.ino on the teensynet 5.2 board, then running Teensynet.ino, I get a steady teensy light, but no chips sensed. On the version 14 board, I get the rapid, dim blinking on the teensy with LEDs 2, 3, and 4 lit. When I hit sensor status, action status or pid status, the teensy turns off,with the LEDs on the board still glowing. There is no info on the RGB LED (no jumpers) after running T3_i2ceeprom_clear.ino. The info for the jumpers was extremely helpful.

OK, first things first...

Get OneWireFindChips.ino. You can either copy and paste the file directly or use "wget":

Code:
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jimmayhugh/TeensyNet/master/sketchbook/utilities/OneWireFindChips/OneWireFindChips.ino

Compile it and run it with the Teensyduino IDE's serial monitor enabled and set to 115200 baud. The serial monitor should detect and display up to 16 1-wire devices.

Let's make sure that the 1-wire mini-lan is working properly.

Last edited:
The serial monitor detects 2 sensors 0x28 and 2 digital switches 0x12 like it should for one action board. That works. I ran the digital pin test for the heck of it too... The teensy flashes, then LEDs 2, 3and 4 flash in an alternate fashion about every second.

Back