Swap-O-Rama #6, New Year New Brews!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's been harder waiting for the package I sent to arrive than it was to wait for the package that was sent to me! I must have refreshed the tracking number 50 times today!

I had an EMAW I shipped to long island monday and saw that a few days ago on their website. I was pissed at first but then realized his area code wasnt affected. :D

I'm going to double-check now. Thanks for the reminder.

This entire area is going to be a mess within the next 8 hours.

Just opened my box from Jeremy and I am pumped.

Unfortunately a half of bottle of zombie dust was sacrificed.. Must have froze and then expanded. Or the driver uncapped it drank half and then recapped..

Anyway.. Let's showcase the goods!!

Two brothers:
Cane and ebel
The bitter end
Revelry
Ebel's weiss
Domain dupage
Outlaw
Sidekick
Night cat

Revolution:
Cross of gold
Anti hero x2
A little crazy
Local hero

Off color:troublesome

Pipeworks:
Nesperos De batata

Three floyds:
Zombie dust

We get limited two bros distribution, but I have only had the sidekick, Outlaw, and cane and ebel. All I were great and I am looking forward to the others!

Thanks again for the awesome beers. I am cracking open an anti hero as we speak!!

1391122318499.jpg

1391122333422.jpg

1391122348165.jpg

1391122360574.jpg

1391122372338.jpg

Nunyafnb killed it. Haven't even heard of most of these breweries and the glasses are awesome. The new glarus too? Sick. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391124000.556684.jpg

IMG_20140130_173713_846.jpg

IMG_20140130_173724_002.jpg

IMG_20140130_173728_827.jpg

IMG_20140130_173732_815.jpg

Unfortunately had a piece of glassware that did not make it.

Thanks for the box! Looking forward to trying these!

Ah.. I threw the pint glass in last minute after I packaged everything else... Hope you enjoy them.. Evolution is about a half mile from my house so it's as local as it gets

I was just now comfortable shipping my box out, it was still below zero yesterday morning and I still have pipes that are frozen... So unfortunately my recipient probably won't have it by the weekend. But better to have late beer than frozen beer!!

Sent from my Commodore64 using Home Brew

Just opened my box from Jeremy and I am pumped.

Unfortunately a half of bottle of zombie dust was sacrificed.. Must have froze and then expanded. Or the driver uncapped it drank half and then recapped..

Anyway.. Let's showcase the goods!!

Two brothers:
Cane and ebel
The bitter end
Revelry
Ebel's weiss
Domain dupage
Outlaw
Sidekick
Night cat

Revolution:
Cross of gold
Anti hero x2
A little crazy
Local hero

Off color:troublesome

Pipeworks:
Nesperos De batata

Three floyds:
Zombie dust

We get limited two bros distribution, but I have only had the sidekick, Outlaw, and cane and ebel. All I were great and I am looking forward to the others!

Thanks again for the awesome beers. I am cracking open an anti hero as we speak!!

Wow, I'm really sorry about the Two Brothers, they are so local to me and have always been so low key that I didn't even think about checking them. I'm pretty sure I sent you outlaw before in a trade.

If the zombie died, I'm really glad I waited to send, still I'm really surprised and sorry it froze.

Revelry and night cat are two of their newer beers and both are really good.

Local hero is an awesome beer and the troublesome is a gose type beer.

That pipeworks is probably one of the more interesting beers I've tasted.

Enjoy!

Sent from my H4X0r3D Nexus 7

You guys should try their pastrami on rye ale...thats an interesting one as well.

Wow, I'm really sorry about the Two Brothers, they are so local to me and have always been so low key that I didn't even think about checking them. I'm pretty sure I sent you outlaw before in a trade.

If the zombie died, I'm really glad I waited to send, still I'm really surprised and sorry it froze.

Revelry and night cat are two of their newer beers and both are really good.

Local hero is an awesome beer and the troublesome is a gose type beer.

That pipeworks is probably one of the more interesting beers I've tasted.

Enjoy!

Sent from my H4X0r3D Nexus 7

No problem, I am really happy with all that you sent. Also, I havent seen most of the two brothers stuff around and when I do, it is really expensive so I haven't bought it. I had night cat last night and really enjoyed it. I am saving the rest until Saturday when a buddy is coming over.

Thanks again. This swap o Rama is such a great idea.

Aaaaaannnnnnd the box I sent, set to land today, now says delivery exception: damaged.

I packet it so freaking well there is no way it broke on its own. They must have been throwing it around. I'll call today to find out. Sigh...

Someone in Jersey has a box on their porch. Hope it doesn't sit out there to long. Looks like its 24 degrees there right now.

Aaaaaannnnnnd the box I sent, set to land today, now says delivery exception: damaged.

I packet it so freaking well there is no way it broke on its own. They must have been throwing it around. I'll call today to find out. Sigh...

A moment of silence for the fallen...
:(

Idiots... They are shipping it back to me now so I guess it won't be delivered until maybe late next week. Wanted it there in time for Sunday.

I can't wait to see what they did to the box. I seriously packed it so well. Bubble wrapped the heck out of it, bagged it, styrofoam surrounding it, taped up all nice.

On a similar note, what do I write on the claims form they send me? Anything in particular? I told the guy on the phone it was love yeast samples and BBQ sauce in there.

Idiots... They are shipping it back to me now so I guess it won't be delivered until maybe late next week. Wanted it there in time for Sunday.

I can't wait to see what they did to the box. I seriously packed it so well. Bubble wrapped the heck out of it, bagged it, styrofoam surrounding it, taped up all nice.

On a similar note, what do I write on the claims form they send me? Anything in particular? I told the guy on the phone it was love yeast samples and BBQ sauce in there.

May I ask what love yeast is? lol

I would just say that, hopefully you put a true amount in the package value when you shipped it, otherwise I've had them try to screw me in the past.

Love yeast might get you in some kind of trouble, not sure how or what kind, but it might...

Oh it most certainly can. My run in with love yeast was in Jamaica with Red Stripe Lager. Granted, my daughter is awesome, but that is what the yeast spat out when it was done.

Woo!! FedEx is delivering my package a day earlier than estimated! Someone in Milford, CT should probably leave work because they're "sick" today

I personally would love to participate in another local beer swap. It gives everyone a chance to send bombers, sours, rares or anything else that is close to them. The possibilities are endless with a local swap and its great to try things that you normally may not even know exists.

Yeah these swap threads are sick. I'm gonna need another beer fridge, or maybe drink faster. Hmmm.

Latest posts

Back