Swap-O-Rama #6, New Year New Brews!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I was on fedex's website getting my shipping label, I noticed that they have one rate boxes now. Looks like you might be able to ship a lot if beer for a lot cheaper than standard rates. Anyone try these? Boxes big enough?

As I was on fedex's website getting my shipping label, I noticed that they have one rate boxes now. Looks like you might be able to ship a lot if beer for a lot cheaper than standard rates. Anyone try these? Boxes big enough?

I have the small and medium boxes and haven't been able to use them for a trade yet (the rectangular and deep versions of both). Bombers with corks won't quite fit the medium. They are also pretty thin, so getting any cushion between the side of the box and the bottles is tight.

So i just ordered the large boxes this weekend to see if they will work better.

I have used the smaller boxes as the box inside a box.

I just shipped 40lbs for $22 in a 19x19x17. I can't see it being cheaper than that.

Fed ex is quoting me $53 to send this 35 pound box cross country... That's why i was asking about the flat rate boxes... Guess what I'll be using next time!

How the hell did you pull that off?! I shipped 31 pounds in an 18x18x18 and it cost me $32. I have a FedEx account and everything.

Distance, I suppose. Only shipping roughly 650 miles. I'm not sure if it matters, but I also get a ridiculous amount of packages shipped to me through FedEx (thank you, MoreBeer!) so maybe that helps.

Val blew it outta the park! I've never heard of half of these, I can't wait to try them! Thank you!!!! :rockin:

PS What are the homebrews???

The Lineup

Almanac Beer Co.

Honey Saison
Biere de Chocolat
Extra Pale Ale
Bourbon Sour Porter

Angel City

Eureka! Wit
Angeleno IPA
Imperial Chia Stout
Vanilla Porter

Pizza Port

Chronic Ale
Swami's IPA (x2)

Modern Times

Blazing World
Black Horse
Fortunate Islands
Lomaland

Golden Road

Burning Bush IPA
Get Up Offa That Brown
Camrillo Kolsch

20140127_191556.jpg

20140127_191605.jpg

20140127_191612.jpg

20140127_191621.jpg

Val blew it outta the park! I've never heard of half of these, I can't wait to try them! Thank you!!!! :rockin:

The Lineup

Almanac Beer Co.

Honey Saison
Biere de Chocolat
Extra Pale Ale
Bourbon Sour Porter

Angel City

Eureka! Wit
Angeleno IPA
Imperial Chia Stout
Vanilla Porter

Pizza Port

Chronic Ale
Swami's IPA (x2)

Modern Times

Blazing World
Black Horse
Fortunate Islands
Lomaland

Golden Road

Burning Bush IPA
Get Up Offa That Brown
Camrillo Kolsch

I am glad they all survived. The HB are a red ale and the other is my first attempt at a oatmeal stout. I hope you enjoy all of them. I would start with that angel city Angeleno ipa.

One Package Out for Delivery somewhere in the pacific time zone.

I'm new to this style of trading. Pretty cool however. You guys shame me with your generosity.

I did unintentionally violate a rule by nor sending 4 "different" beers of one brand (I was never very good at reading directions as a kid). Sorry. If allowed to return in the future, it won't happen again.

ON a side note, I did find a bottle intended for you hidden behind another in my fridge yesterday. Actually IMHO, one of the two best in the package that I need to get to you to complete the box.

It will follow shortly...

I'm hoping to get my shipment out to someone on the west coast by Friday. I actually have everything packed and ready to go, but since the high is only 18 today I'm still worried about frozen beer. After Friday its going to be above freezing for a few days.

The Lineup

Almanac Beer Co.

Honey Saison
Biere de Chocolat
Extra Pale Ale
Bourbon Sour Porter

Angel City

Eureka! Wit
Angeleno IPA
Imperial Chia Stout
Vanilla Porter

Pizza Port

Chronic Ale
Swami's IPA (x2)

Modern Times

Blazing World
Black Horse
Fortunate Islands
Lomaland

Golden Road

Burning Bush IPA
Get Up Offa That Brown
Camrillo Kolsch

So glad to have traded with val a couple times and have him as my partner in one of the first swaps AND as a recipient of a eMAW. Real generous guy and those Almanacs are super great!! cant wait to get my hands on some of the sour porter and new releases!

Per recommendation I cracked the Angeleno IPA today after I got off work. Awesome beer, phenomenal fresh hop flavor. Reminds me of Hop Trip from Deschutes. Anyway I get on BA to check it out and see it gets a mediocre 84...? WTF are those hippies smoking?! Seriously under-rated/under-appreciated beer! Thanks again val

Per recommendation I cracked the Angeleno IPA today after I got off work. Awesome beer, phenomenal fresh hop flavor. Reminds me of Hop Trip from Deschutes. Anyway I get on BA to check it out and see it gets a mediocre 84...? WTF are those hippies smoking?! Seriously under-rated/under-appreciated beer! Thanks again val

I am glad you enjoyed it. I had to go out and buy some this morning because I just remembered how good it is. I noticed that poor BA rating for a great ipa. It's on this months craft magazine they gave it a score of 97.

I am glad it arrived safely. I was nervous using fedex again because they lost the last package that I sent around Christmas.

I took mine in yesterday around noon but it didn't get scanned until today. They must have forgotten about it on the floor or something. Either way it's on its way east

Sent from my H4X0r3D Nexus 7

I took mine in yesterday around noon but it didn't get scanned until today. They must have forgotten about it on the floor or something. Either way it's on its way east

Sent from my H4X0r3D Nexus 7

Not related to this thread, but I dropped off two eMAWs Sunday evening and they didn't leave until overnight Monday night. They blamed it on the weather...

Not related to this thread, but I dropped off two eMAWs Sunday evening and they didn't leave until overnight Monday night. They blamed it on the weather...

I thought it was normal for Fedex to not pick up packages until the next business day evening? Either way it will be here tomorrow so im happy :ban:

Got a package landing in Upper Darby PA today. Now supposed to get above 21 today. Keep your eyes out.

Hey, that's me! Either that, or I need to beat up someone else on my turf.

I'm last on the FedEx route, so I'm normally home from work when it happens.

Latest posts

Back