Suggestions for light summer beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjthomas21

Reaction score
So I'm having a bunch of people over in 19 days and I already have a Red Rye IPA and a Saison fermenting away that will be ready for the party. I'm looking to supplement these 2 beers with a lower ABV beer that can be consumed in higher quantities without causing people to check out early. For these types of situations, I've usually turned to BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde as it is always a crowd pleaser.

But I was wondering if anybody had any other recommendations for a easy to drink summer beer that is around the low 4% ABV range. It also has to have a quick turnaround time (17 days from grain to glass, I will be kegging).

All suggestions are welcome!

There are a few recipes on the forum for a blonde ale or wheat beer that have pretty quick turnaround times. Something along those lines will be your best bet.

new albion clone. SMaSH 2 row and cascade. 11 lb 2 row and .66 oz cascade at 60 ,30 and 15 I use wlp008 ferment ~68*. if you generously pitch this one it ought to turn over rather qickly and it makes a delicious pale ale.

Hefes are ready quickly, and can be made around 1.045 or so. Something like 70% white wheat, 30% quality pils, 9 IBU, and ferment with 3638 (it has a more complex ester profile, and doesnt banana bomb if you need to ferment in the high 60s.)

Latest posts

Back