Stupid Easy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarnock

Reaction score
Just switched to BIAB instead of my 10 gallon igloo cooler - I must say, this is stupid easy. I wish I would have switched earlier.

- First time - Nailed temp (151)
- Lost maybe 1 or 2 degrees, thermometer showed 149 and 150
- Cleanup is already done
- Didn't really add that much time to my brew, played CoD while mashing
- Did a mini mash, not even worried about efficiency, just added more 2 row

.... I love this method of brewing.

I've been a BIAB'er for 3 years now and can't complain at all. I live in a condo with my wife and 2yr old boy, so space is at a premium. I do all grain, full volume boil, BIAB, 5 gallon batches. Stupid easy is right. Efficiency is also not an issue. BIAB getting lower efficiency is an old wives tale. If anything, you can get HIGHER efficiency since you can crush finer. No stuck mash/sparges. I mill my own grain, pretty fine, and average 80%+ efficiency.

I can't believe more don't BIAB it's so easy..lol

I set Beersmith at 77% a long time ago and I almost always end up a few gravity points higher.. Kind of like a reward every time I brew! Lol

Cheers!

Just switched to BIAB instead of my 10 gallon igloo cooler - I must say, this is stupid easy. I wish I would have switched earlier.

- First time - Nailed temp (151)
- Lost maybe 1 or 2 degrees, thermometer showed 149 and 150
- Cleanup is already done
- Didn't really add that much time to my brew, played CoD while mashing
- Did a mini mash, not even worried about efficiency, just added more 2 row

.... I love this method of brewing.

Couldn't agree with you more I just switched from 3 vessel AG to BIAB and I am loving it.

I am in the minority. I have done a couple of BIAB 3 gallon batches on the stove. I do not like messing with the hot, heavy, sticky, messy, bag of grain even at only a 3 gallon batch.

It is easy and I probably will be doing more... But give me my 3 tier gravity system any day!!

I do not like messing with the hot, heavy, sticky, messy, bag of grain ...

The problem is what I like to refer to as "bag management", a well fitted bag, and a solid plan to remove and drain, or even sparge the bag goes a long way. Even a 35 lb grain bill can be very manageable with a proper practiced technique and procedure.

The problem is what I like to refer to as "bag management", a well fitted bag, and a solid plan to remove and drain, or even sparge the bag goes a long way. Even a 35 lb grain bill can be very manageable with a proper practiced technique and procedure.

True, but I still don't prefer to mess with it. I also don't want to make a hoist to handle a bag full of wet grain.

My 3 tier gravity system is great and the heaviest thing I have to deal with is the dry grainbill.

If I ever do start doing larger BIAB batches I would certainly be in the market for one of your bags.

Latest posts

Back