Strawberry Wine pulp turned purple

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DyingBreed

Reaction score
I grew a whole patch of strawberries this year, so I decided to make some strawberry wine. I'm nearly done primary fermentation (6 days), but am a bit concerned with one of my batches. One batch the strawberry pulp is still nice and red, but in the other, it has turned purple on top. Should I be concerned? I think maybe oxygen got to it. I'm doing my primary fermentation in 1 gallon carboys.

Are you stirring them? If you are fermenting in carboys are you using an airlock? 6 days in you should have lots of CO2 still being made, has it stopped bubbling yet? WVMJ

Are you stirring them? If you are fermenting in carboys are you using an airlock? 6 days in you should have lots of CO2 still being made, has it stopped bubbling yet? WVMJ

Not stirring, but shaking. I take the airlock off, put a cap on, shake, then replace the airlock. They have slowed bubbling, but not stopped.

I bottled my first batch of strawberry win 3 weeks.
It came out orange. Looks like a dreamsicle.

MMMMM, sure tastes good even being new.

Back