strawberry/banana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rj_picou

Reaction score
RECIPE.....3.5gal

1- 96oz can Vintners Harvest Strawberry Base
5# Bananas
1 liter White Grape Concentrate
5 1/4# Sugar
4 tsp Acid Blend
4 tsp SNAs
1 tspTannin
1 1/2 tsp Pectic Enzyme
1/2 tsp Amylase Enzyme
1 pk Montrachet Yeast

OG 1.080

mixed everything together and let it soak overnight. pulled a pint out for a starter. pitched starter 12 hours later. it took off within an hour

STUPID PHONE!!!

The aroma the first day was pleasant. By this morning, not so much! Its turned into strawberry monkey butt! I know this will pass but it sure does smell!!!
In just 48 hours its burned thru 54 points!!! I stirred and added 1 tsp SNAs. Still plugging along

I'm new to all of this so excuse me, but what are SNA's?

Have you made this recipe before?

How did it turn out if so?

Is the strawberry or the banana the dominant flavor?

I'm new to all of this so excuse me, but what are SNA's?

Have you made this recipe before?

How did it turn out if so?

Is the strawberry or the banana the dominant flavor?

SNAs: i picked up that term on a forum. its a 2:1 ratio of fermaidK and diammonium phosphate (yeast nutrient/yeast energizer...its easier to type SNAs

This is my first attempt with both...
go on YouTube and search blushing monkey...i discovered it on this forum...there's 4 videos that walk you through from beginning to bottle

I got home from work and give it a good stir
SG 1.012

my question is...it seems to have lost its momentum. do i/can i add more nutrients at this point. I'm in no hurry, just was wandering. what I'm trying to say is it stopped bubbling after i stirred it. should i break out the drill and mixer

Don't add more. Just give it time to work. It's been 2 days (?) and your eager for it to finish? Wine takes T-I-M-E. Slow down! Check your SG in a week.

Don't add more. Just give it time to work. It's been 2 days (?) and your eager for it to finish? Wine takes T-I-M-E. Slow down! Check your SG in a week.

I know!!!!
PATIENTS...PATIENTS....AND MORE PATIENTS!!!

They say Jesus turned water into wine...and not just wine, GOOD wine!!!
We have all this cool stuff to add to ours and we have to wait MONTHS!!!
Its just not fair damn it!!!

Sounds like things are going fast. When things slow down (fizzing wise) I usually check the specific gravity. Depending on your house temp. it can go slow or fast... When it's around 1.010 or lower, I usually transfer it into a carboy, but 2 days is pretty fast. Give it a few more days and check the sg, then transfer. Relax though, and let the yeast do their thing. Any odors should pass, probably brought on by the speed of the ferment.

Cheers! :ban:

Racked 4/12...it finished out at .996
If i knew how to include a pic...its clearing nicely!

Thanks for all the input folks!

Back