Sticking to the carboy wall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcb317

Reaction score
Hey All,

You guys ever see what looks like yeast sticking all over the sides of your carboy(better bottle) during primary?

I've got a vienna lager with munich yeast and there is all kinds of stuff stuck to the walls. Its been going for about a week, it still has krauzen on top, and besides this it looks and smells fine. Any thoughts??

Oh, yes, I've seen tons of really gross stuff stuck to the walls of the fermenter, as well as the top of the krausen. I joke that is why I use opaque buckets for primary- because if I saw what was in my beer, I'd never drink it!

I actually use buckets for primary for other reasons- they are easier for this lightweight to carry, and much easier to clean.

Hey All,

You guys ever see what looks like yeast sticking all over the sides of your carboy(better bottle) during primary?

I've got a vienna lager with munich yeast and there is all kinds of stuff stuck to the walls. Its been going for about a week, it still has krauzen on top, and besides this it looks and smells fine. Any thoughts??
It sounds like trub from the fermentation, absolutely normal, no worries.:mug:

Latest posts

Back